Fiscal's Top 50 Favorite Characters

→ in
Tools    

Thanks CQ for the great idea! This should be a lot of fun to create.

50. Nick Naylor (Aaron Eckhart)

My favorite smooth talking big tobacco lobbyist!

"After watching the footage of the Kent State shootings, Bobby Jay, then seventeen, signed up for the National Guard so that he, too, could shoot college students."

49. General 'Buck' Turgidson (George C. Scott)

"I know how it is, baby. Tell you what you do: you just start your countdown, and old Bucky'll be back here before you can say "Blast off!" "

48. Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood)

I love Clint riding on his trail of vengeance.

"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

47. Jason Bourne (Matt Damon)

Bourne is just fun to watch. Some of the best modern day action sequences!

46. Brendan (Joseph Gordon-Levitt)

Makes me wish I could do high school over again, this time as a student detective

"Throw one at me if you want, hash head. I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me six up on the lot of you. "

45. Rorschach/Walter Kovacs (Jackie Earle Haley)

The ultimate vigilante powerless superhero

"You see, Doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do. "

44. Harry Lime (Orson Welles)

Harry Lime: Nobody thinks in terms of human beings. Governments don't. Why should we? They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.
Martins: You used to believe in God.
Harry Lime: Oh, I still do believe in God, old man. I believe in God and Mercy and all that. But the dead are
happier dead. They don't miss much here, poor devils.

43. The Dude (Jeff Bridges)

"God d*mn you Walter! You f*ckin' *******! Everything's a f*ckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that **** about Vietnam? What the F*CK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the f*ck are you talking about?"

42. John McClane (Bruce Willis)

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherf*cker."

41. Captain Quint (Robert Shaw)

"Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women. "

40. Marge Gunderson (Frances McDormand)

"...And I guess that was your accomplice in the woodchipper. "

39. Royal Tenenbaum (Gene Hackman)

Royal: Baby, I'm dying. I'm sick as a dog. I'll be dead in six weeks. I'm dying.
Ethel: What are you talking about? What happened? Oh, my God. I'm sorry. I didn't know. What'd they say? What's the prognosis?
Royal: Take it easy, Ethel. Hold on. Hold on.
Ethel: Where's the doctor? Let's get...
Royal: Wait a second. Listen. I'm not dying. But I need some time. A month. Maybe two. I want us to...
Ethel: What's wrong with you?
Royal: Ethel.
Ethel: Are you crazy?
Royal: Baby. I am dying.
Ethel: Are you or aren't you?
Ethel: Dying? Yeah.

38. Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas)

"When I get a hold of the son of a bitch who leaked this, I'm gonna tear his eyeballs out and I'm gonna suck his ****ing skull. "

37. Robin Hood (Errol Flynn)

"I'll organize revolt, exact a death for a death, and I'll never rest until every Saxon in this shire can stand up free men and strike a blow for Richard and England."

36. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins)

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. "

35. Jessica Rabbit (Kathleen Turner)

Jessica would be the sexiest woman to ever live if she wasn't a cartoon, and some would still vote for her anyway

Jessica Rabbit: You don't know how hard it is being a woman looking the way I do.
Eddie Valiant: You don't know how hard it is being a man looking at a woman looking the way you do.
Jessica Rabbit: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Love the choice of Brendan, though I also hate it because it'll make my choice seem less original/surprising if I ever sit down and do one of these lists, cuz he'd definitely be on it.

Nice start.

Great choices in The Dude, Hannibal Lector and Marge Gunderson...classics.

Royal Tenenbaum, the Dude, and Rorschach are three of my favorite movie characters of all time.

This is a cool idea, more people should share their favorite characters.

34. The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenneger)

For Schwarzenegger, T2 is really the role of his life. The way he acts in this movie is just unbelievable. Best performance of his carreer.

"What's wrong with your eyes?"

33. James Bond (Sean Connery)

My favorite Bond of all time, Sean Connery is a class act.

32. Charlie Kelly (Charlie Day)

I am not featuring many TV show characters on here, probably only two more later on down the list - so it goes to show how much I love It's Always Sunny and Charlie in particular.

31. Vincenzo Coccotti (Christopher Walken)

"Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothing but you're telling me everything."

30. Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.)

I still think of the Iron Man films as a summer blockbuster, but Tony Stark as a character is brilliant to me. He is completely hilarious, witty, and resourceful and is far more interesting to me than "Iron Man".

Pratt: Is it true that you went twelve-for-twelve with the Maxim Girls last year?
Tony Stark: That is an excellent question. Yes and no. March and I had a scheduling conflict but fortunately the Christmas cover was twins.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
The addition of Charlie is genius, one of my favourite shows, the ranting and shouting between the gang is hilarious. I love how Charlie adopts a certain character in some episodes, like when he thinks he's Serpico and when he believes he's a knowledgable lawyer.

+ rep for all of those posts. I already mentioned in your top 100 that we have very similar taste in films; this also appears to be the case with characters. I especially like Bond (although - don't shoot me - I believe Daniel Craig to be equally good as Connery), The Dude, Quint and Nick Naylor (I still think Thank You For Smoking is by far Reitman's best film).

Very nice start to this list and I'm looking forward to your other choices.

29. Jake Gittes (Jack Nicholson)

"You're dumber than you think I think you are."

28.Dr. Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd)

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t."

27. Keyser Soze (Kevin Spacey)

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

26. Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci)

"Sure, mom, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning. "

25. Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks)

"My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."