Sex and the City 2?

Tools    

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Not really my kind of thing, but it's a dead cert to make money at the box office so I'm sure a lot of women around the world will be pulling their boyfriends to go watch it with them.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
wow, great trailer.. can't wait for it.. I love " to Carrie on..."

New ‘Sex and the City 2′ Trailer

Warner Bros. has released the official Sex and the City 2 trailer, which sees the famous four big city girls (Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha) dealing with (what else) the difficulties of life, marriage, love, and parenthood.

This time, however, the four ladies won’t just be strutting around New York in high fashion. Instead, they’re off on an all-expenses-paid vacation to Abu Dhabi (“played” in the film by Morocco), where they’ll spend their time riding camels, drinking in exotic nightclubs, and (in Carrie’s case) running into their ex and possibly jeopardizing their marriage.

One of the big complaints (and a legitimate one) heard from Sex and the City fans about the first movie was that it both looked and felt like six full episodes from the show strung together and simplified into a just-under 2 1/2 hour-long film. It had all the expected melodrama, fabulous production design, and witty dialogue, and yet everything in the movie felt parred down from the show -- the exact opposite of what you would expect with a big-budget film adaptation.

It looks like writer/director/producer Michal Patrick King (who helmed the first Sex and the City film) took that criticism to heart and is doing everything bigger in Sex and the City 2. However, moving the girls out of their native New York seems like a bad idea -- not to mention that (judging by the trailer) the theatrics in Carrie’s life this time around seem more contrived and over the top than they were in the first film (and that is saying something).

Sex and the City 2 will make its way into theaters on May 28, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

Up until Aiden showed up I was quite enjoying that trailer.

Nevermind, I was so let down by the first one that this will have to be truly awful for me to come away from it feeling the same way.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
In my head I'm screaming no, no, no, no, no; but I'll know I'll end up seeing it at some point. I think it's time for me to face the sad reality.

In my head I'm screaming no, no, no, no, no; but I'll know I'll end up seeing it at some point. I think it's time for me to face the sad reality.
Accept This....

Accept This...

This is my preview of "Sex and the City 2" BEFORE actually seeing the movie.

Jesus, this is going to be the girliest movie ever made. Will I have to be in disguise to show up at a theater to watch this? If I walk in alone, I am instantly labeled a gay man. I could dress as a girl so as not to arouse suspicion. What the f**k am I talking about!!!??? Has it really come to this? I'm considering cross-dressing in order to write my blog!!!??? I'm tellin' ya, being The Moviecapper is a bitch. The public has no idea the sacrifices that need to be made sometimes. A crowd full of women hopped up on Cosmos is a tough battlefield to maneuver through, but damnit, I owe you a RE-VIEW when it's all said and done!!!

The number of requests I've gotten to do this movie on my blog has been ridiculous. Only the adorable, feel-good family movie of the year, "The Human Centipede (First Sequence)" has been requested more. What a bunch of sadistic sons of bitches people can be. The only reason anyone wants me to see "Sex and the City 2" is because they think it will be absolute torture for me.

Unbeknownst to most, I am already familiar with the TV series and have even done my homework by seeing the first movie. Therefore, I have been exposed to this "no boys allowed" world of "Sex and the City" before. Although whenever I've seen the show, it's like staring through a peep hole into the the girl's locker room. I feel like I shouldn't be looking and listening, but what if they start explaining how they give BJ's? I can't miss that!!

Guys, the concept of "Sex and the City" isn't bad. I am 100% in favor of anything that encourages women to have sex like this show did. It shows women that it's ok to use men for sex and shave everywhere on their bodies. These are very, very excellent things for our society!! Men all think that "Sex and the City" is nothing but mindless romantic comedy. Sure there are some of those moments, but it's mostly about these four women getting laid and spilling the details. Now I know nothing whatsoever about women, so this is usually rather enlightening for an idiot like me.

The first movie seemed to wrap up each of these girl's storylines as single women. Three of the women are now married, two have kids and Samantha dumps her guy so she can go back to her cougar lifestyle of banging anything with a pulse under 30 years old, male or female. And the pulse might be negotiable. I'm not sure why, but Samantha seemed to be my favorite character. She has that certain something that makes me want to engage in the act of reproduction.

This new movie looks like it deals with what it's like now that they've all settled down. WHAT?? There are no more zany sexual exploits after you get married!! Thongs are traded in for granny panties. Cosmos are exchanged for skim milk. Orgasms are replaced by beer farts.

Unless......maybe the idea here is to show people that sex DOESN'T have to come to a grinding halt at the altar. I hope these girls set an example for the nation and show us all how to keep the action going in the bedroom in a marriage after you're 50. I want there to be trapezes, slide whistles, boomerangs, double-dongs, shoehorns, edible condoms, referees, liver sausage and someome getting a pie thrown at their junk. I want them to empower the young girls of America with compelling kinky knowledge for the next generation. They had better, or Oprah will.

In the trailer, they decide to go to Abu Dhabi of all places to get the hell away from these new lives they have. At least this vacation gives them a reason for it to be "just the girls" so they can sit around and talk about men's balls like we want them to. Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) runs into an ex-boyfriend from the show. I can't tell you how many times I bump into people I know when I'm in Abu Dhabi. This is good though. Maybe she'll cheat!! I've said it before, I like chaos and people filled with self-doubt. If she does cheat, I'm sure it will be the guys' fault somehow. Both the one she cheats WITH and her husband she cheats on.

This movie may inspire women to go out and get some, but it will also most assuredly send a message that ALL men are enormous a**holes. That was what I saw in the first movie. Two guys doing unforgivable things to the women they supposedly loved. Yet these women took them back. Do these movies also want to set an example for women that being treated like dirt is ok and forgivable? Whatever, what do I give a sh*t? Women will love this movie no matter what message it sends.

Will I enjoy it? I probably won't love it or hate it. Like I said, at least these girls don't hold back and talk about some raunchy sexual sh*t. On the other hand, there is a 95% chance of a fashion show AND a montage of the four girls all trying on clothes.

My prediction: 3 stars (out of 5)

Would it kill these girls to talk about where the G-spot is?

It shows women that it's ok to use men for sex and shave everywhere on their bodies.
They know it's ok to use us for sex. Been doing it for millenia...

Men all think that "Sex and the City" is nothing but mindless romantic comedy.
Well, I don't think it's mindless romantic comedy. I think it's utter garbage. I'm not alone in thinking this... I hope

Sure there are some of those moments, but it's mostly about these four women getting laid and spilling the details. Now I know nothing whatsoever about women, so this is usually rather enlightening for an idiot like me.
But why is it enlightening to hear girls talk about how good guys are in the sack? I already knew they did that, didn't need this show to teach me that. They are about 99% more explicit about their sex life than men. When we got some, we just tell our mates: "I scored last night" and that's that. Or not even that if you're a discrete guy. You just keep it to yourself, no need to brag about it. Girls are diabolical when it comes to this. I've been alone with a bunch of semi-drunk Sheffield University freshers who were talking about their past lays and that was... intimidating. Every detail you can imagine, they've discussed it. It must be great to be gay. I pity my fellow heterosexuals.

Nom
lmao, that's hilarious. i haven't seen that on south park. i hate Parker.

Originally posted by Brodinski
But why is it enlightening to hear girls talk about how good guys are in the sack?
This is just me poking fun at myself. Nothing more.

Sorry you had to endure the freshman girls gossiping about their adventures. I'm now wondering how much cash someone would have to offer you to see this movie. I'm guessing it may be in the hundreds of dollars.

I'm now wondering how much cash someone would have to offer you to see this movie. I'm guessing it may be in the hundreds of dollars.
Funny you say that, because it's 0 dollars. This is actually going to cost me money. My girlfriend is a fan so I'm kinda forced to go watch this with her. And yes, I have brought up the idea of her seeing it with her friends. And no, she did not take the bait, as I took her to see Shutter Island which she hated. Payback's a b!tch...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Anyone actually been to watch this yet? I can't quite bring myself to see it but have read some reviews with a sort of horrified fascination - is it really as sexist, racist and poor-ist (yeah, I made up a word) as all that? This review was quite amusing (warning for very strong language):

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/b...nt?oid=4132715