Best Supporting Actor 2016

Tools    

Five men enter, one man leaves...an Oscar winner.
9.09%
2 votes
Christian Bale, THE BIG SHORT
36.36%
8 votes
Tom Hardy, THE REVENANT
4.55%
1 votes
Mark Ruffalo, SPOTLIGHT
9.09%
2 votes
Mark Rylance, BRIDGE OF SPIES
40.91%
9 votes
Sylvester Stallone, CREED
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Who will be the 2016 Oscar winner for Best Supporting Actor?

Christian Bale, The Big Short
Tom Hardy, The Revenant
Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight
Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies
Sylvester Stallone, Creed

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	actor2.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	23702  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I haven't seen the other performances, but I'd love for Hardy to take this. I thought he did an amazing job in The Revenant. He's an outstanding actor and has quickly become one of my favorites.

I do hope Stallone gets it despite not being gaga over that movie like everyone else. Voted with my brain though, Hardy was the best performance.

Haven't seen Creed yet, but out of the other 4 I would vote for Christian Bale. He did a great job portraying the socially awkward genius character.

To be fair I haven't seen any of these besides Revenant, so I'm not gonna vote. With how much I love Revenant though, I would be happy to see Leo win best actor and Hardy win best supporting actor!

I have to return some videotapes.
Bale or Hardy hopefully.

Glad they got Bale in a Supporting nod opposed to a leading nom like the GGs. Now he has a chance

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Stallone received tremendous applause during the announcement of the nominations. He'll likely win.

Hardy was excellent in Revenant though. My favourite of the bunch.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
This is a hard one to call for me. I haven't seen Creed or Spies, but I feel like Hardy is the front-runner. His performance was as good or better than DiCaprio. Bale was good and Ruffalo was really good, especially his one outburst. That was probably the strongest scene I saw in theater all year.

I think the Glass character is significantly diminished without Hardy's portrayal and it owes too much to having a great antagonist. I can see the typical, "This movie was great (the Revenant), doesn't win the major awards and we throw it a bone with supporting actor win."

1. Tom Hardy, The Revenant
2. Sylvester Stallone, Creed
3. Christian Bale, The Big Short
4. Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies
5. Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight

I'm reviewing my Oscar predictions, and I must say that this category is the most exciting for me this year.

I've been a lifelong fan of Stallone, and to see him this late in his career receive award after award and now an Oscar nomination for his heartbreaking performance as Rocky in Creed is surreal.

This is the man whose performances and films have been slammed by critics for most of the past 4 decades.

Like Rocky, Stallone has stepped up as the underdog who will go the distance and come out the winner.

There's going to be a very long standing ovation when his name is announced as the winner. I'll probably be in tears.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Hardy or Ruffalo.

Two great performance

Hardy or Ruffalo.

Two great performance
Nope. Sorry. Stallone is taking this. He's been sweeping the awards all season. His win will be a sentimental one as well. Read my previous post.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, if we're talking who will win rather than who we want to win, then Stallone is virtually a lock.

"Ah wud lak tuh thank tha oscas fer mua ma uonaemiemaoiaeomaoem."

- Sylvester Stallone