Forum software upgraded

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yoda, can you access your OWN favorite movies list via the link in one of your posts? That's all I'm saying is wrong with mine. I'm not sure why that's a clickable link in one's own posts if it doesn't go anywhere....

Lets put a smile on that block
I just screamed about my issues in the shoutbox. Im scared.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You mean no positive and -1 is not right?
Oh good, I'm not the only one who's got that then. I've been wondering why I had one negative point, and which post of mine was it since the upgrade that pissed someone off. LOL. (paranoid much?)

Is there any way that it could be made to show people which posts do get rep, both positive and negative? that would be helpful.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Oh good, I'm not the only one who's got that then. I've been wondering why I had one negative point, and which post of mine was it since the upgrade that pissed someone off. LOL. (paranoid much?)

Is there any way that it could be made to show people which posts do get rep, both positive and negative? that would be helpful.
yeah, I kinda miss the old system. I liked having lightsabers.

We can have signature pictures?!?

*EDIT*

Yes, yes we can. We can also upload both signature, and avatar pictures from our computers.

I can't seem to copy anymore. The paste works, but not the copy. Is that just me?

When I say copy, I mean from inside my post, not from the board directly. I'm not sure that made sense.

*EDIT AGAIN*

The picture, in our signature option, is now gone. You didn't mean to have that one, did you?!?

testing seeing if my sig is back.....its not, does this mean Im going to have to go back to limiting myself to one signature? what is this the dark age? As long as I dont have to change my avatar pic, if that goes im going to be WAY to lazy to find another one...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
How come some posts say 'thanks!' instead of the two little thumbs...when I haven't rated them yet? Is this another glitch or am I just rating posts in my sleep or something?

How come some posts say 'thanks!' instead of the two little thumbs...when I haven't rated them yet? Is this another glitch or am I just rating posts in my sleep or something?
They should only say "Thanks!" if you've rated them. Or if you gave them positive rep under the old system (which was carried over to this one). Does it ever happen on posts you're entirely sure you've never repped, or would this possibly explain it?

In the Beginning...
Okay, when I try to edit my Favorite Movies and click Submit, I get this now:

"Thank you. Your Favorite Movies have been updated."

But when I go to check them via drop-down tab in one of my own posts, I still can't see them.

Just FYI.

Alright, I've added a few more bugs (with the caveat that only some users appear to be experiencing some of them) to the first post in this thread.

To anyone having trouble adding favorite movies: while I do want to get to the bottom of this, in the meantime, I'd be more than willing to add the movies manually. Just PM them to me and I'll have them in ASAP. At least that way you won't have to wait for me to figure out what's going on.

In the Beginning...
To anyone having trouble adding favorite movies: while I do want to get to the bottom of this, in the meantime, I'd be more than willing to add the movies manually. Just PM them to me and I'll have them in ASAP. At least that way you won't have to wait for me to figure out what's going on.
That's tremendously thoughtful of you to offer, but I'm fine with waiting a little. It's not that important. I imagine adding everyone's Top Tens would be quite the burden on you, which to me just isn't necessary.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
They should only say "Thanks!" if you've rated them. Or if you gave them positive rep under the old system (which was carried over to this one). Does it ever happen on posts you're entirely sure you've never repped, or would this possibly explain it?
Yeah, it happens with brand new posts which I've never even read before, let alone repped

EDIT: Just looked back at a couple of the posts it said I'd repped when I hadn't and the thumbs are back...spooky...

Yeah, it happens with brand new posts which I've never even read before, let alone repped

EDIT: Just looked back at a couple of the posts it said I'd repped when I hadn't and the thumbs are back...spooky...
Nah, not spooky; I fixed it last night. Thanks for your patience.

did someone say we can have sig images?

Is that true yoda?
No, sorry.

I've seen boards that have giant avatars and signature images, and they're really ridiculous to navigate. Not to mention that they tend to attract people who aren't really there for the discussion. I've given these sorts of things a fair amount of thought over the years, and try to lean towards simplicity and minimalism when possible.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah. Not a big fan of crazy, messy sigs on forums. I tend to have trouble finding actual information in the deluge of graphics and cornball sig designs...

did someone say we can have sig images?

Is that true yoda?

I'm the one that said that. It was there, but I assumed it was one option that Yoda didn't want, or realized was on here with the upgrade!?!
I was actually surprised when I saw it, since I know how you feel about the avatars. It was something like 60 by 100 allowed. It was there though. I'm old and crazy, but I'm not yet seeing things.
Anyways, we can now read our PMs, from our mailbox. I like that, because of the video game.

Yoda, is there a way to have TEXT send you to a LINK?

<a href="LINKLINKLINK">TEXT</a>

That sort of thing?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.