Doctors of the opposite gender

Tools    

I recently changed doctors, and for the first time since I was an infant it is a woman. She is fairly young as well. I am suppose to have a physical exam some time soon, which my former male doctor never did. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if it is normal to feel uncomfortable and embarrassed?

...uh the post is up there...

You ready? You look ready.
Why do you think they keep the doctor's office so cold? It's certainly not because they wanna save energy.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Going to any new doctor makes me uncomfortable. Going from "hello" and a handshake to wearing a thin piece of paper as clothing in one jump just isn't comfy. Factor in the idea of putting your feet in stirrups, and I just don't wanna.

It's worse when the doc is male. In fact, I don't plan to go to male doctors in the future, because medicine is already so much more informed on men's health that finding a male doctor who has studied men's health who can deal with a woman who has women's issues has proven difficult.

It depends are you attracted to her?

Not that I am aware of. I'm afraid that she'll notice I'm embarrassed, which will make me feel more awkward.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Seriously she is a professional and she has seen many a naked patient so dont feel uncomfortable to them it is thier work, just like a carpenter when they see a piece of "Wood" im sure they just get on with the job.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
What is your physical for? In general, during a normal physical, nobody takes their clothes off. My daughter just changed doctors because she's 17 and had only gone to see the woman who delivered her, so we thought it was time for her to start going to Brenda's and my doctor. She had to have a physical to make sure she could keep playing team sports in high school. I was in the room the entire time for the physical. I told the doctor that I'd step out if necessary, and she said there was no reason. On the other hand, I guess I can see why a male might be asked to take his shirt off, but when I first went to see this doctor and got an exam, I never did.

Now I realize that if there are some specific reasons why you're getting this physical, then you may have to reveal more of yourself (and maybe you have in the past although it doesn't sound like it), but I'm just trying to make things more comfortable for you if any of my babbling makes sense to you.

Honestly I don't care about the nudity as much as the procedures. I've been to many doctors and am numb to being seen.

So, I ask again, WHY are you getting a physical? What "procedures" do you believe will be involved?
Okay, a prostate exam.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You're a youngin'. Why do you need a prostate exam? Something to do with your condition? I'm an old fart; I need a prostrate exam. I'm not trying to get too light-hearted here, but I'm just trying to figure out how come you changed to a female doctor and now you need a prostate exam.

P.S. Good luck, whatever happens.

You're a youngin'. Why do you need a prostate exam? Something to do with your condition? I'm an old fart; I need a prostrate exam. I'm not trying to get too light-hearted here, but I'm just trying to figure out how come you changed to a female doctor and now you need a prostate exam.

P.S. Good luck, whatever happens.
She's IMO overly-thorough. She already told me it will be a "head-to-toe" exam, and asked if I've had a prostate exam. I thought it was strange too.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
No...

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
ewww

im a girl and ive always had guyu doctors, its weird whoever you're getting nekkid in front of because they're going to poke and prod you and tell you there's something wrong with you.....like a bad sexual experience

I dont like the "downstairs look-see" part of the physical either. Ive always been more comfortable with a male doctor. Especially as a teenager, i dont want any...unexpected problems...to occur. The risk of one of those is way more likely with a female doctor.
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.