Do you still own and watch any films on VHS?

Tools    

Female Jungle Poster
Ack, I no longer have my VHS tapes. They mostly were comprised of specifically selected songs which I recorded directly from cable music stations.

Talk about a potpourri! That old cable company had everything from hard rock to gospel to Jamaican rhythm stations, and all types of music in between.

Boy, would I boogie down in the mornings while getting ready for work!

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

I have a huge VHS movie library, all of which were recorded in the EP mode, which means I have up to 3 or 4 films on each tape. I've been collecting DVD's lately, but my VHS library holds a special place in my heart!

I've got way over 1,000 movies on VHS, and I'm not gonna throw them out!

Banned from Hollywood.
oh Sure (mostly movies taped from tv), but i hardly watch them anymore...once addicted to DVD and you're stuck there forever. Viva El DVD!!!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I definitely have an addictive personality, but somehow, when it comes to DVD, and I'm already locked into getting so many through the mail and Satan's rental store, I rarely buy something unless it has special meaning for me because I know I can get it (at least if it's on DVD) in a few days and keep it as long as I want. I would buy the 1950 Alec Guinness DVD, but the only way you can get it right now is to rent it from Netflix or buy the Criterion Essential Art House Boxset Volume 3.

Do not have nearly as much as I used to have, but certainly quite a few. I do still watch them on occasion. Was watching one the other day where the commercials were all cut out, and now I wish they were not, would've been fun to look at the old commercials also.

I have far more VHS than I do DVD (like many others here), and the cool thing I like about mine is that I have a way to play them optimally and a whole hell of a lot of 'em aren't even available on DVD for some idiotic reason(s).
I own some films that aren't even out on VHS yet !

(any DVD release within the past 10 years ?)

of course, nothing beats watching a old scratched up Disney vhs tape with your girlfriend on a lazy Sunday afternoon

of course, nothing beats watching a old scratched up Disney vhs tape with your girlfriend on a lazy Sunday afternoon
Watching a digitally remastered Disney movie, with high quality picture and sound with your girlfriend

Watching a digitally remastered Disney movie, with high quality picture and sound with your girlfriend
Missed my point entirely..

I finally got rid of my last VHS tapes lask weekend (Goodwill). I had been debating buying a used VHS player (my old one broke), but I finally realized it was more economical to shell out the $15 total it would be to buy the DVD versions of the only 2 movies in the collection I'd ever bother watching again.

I used to own around 1500 VHS's but got rid of them almost entirely. I have about 5 decent size boxes downstairs. I wipped them out about 2 months ago and watched Regarding Henry, Cadence, Sercets and Lies, Dave, Ladyhawke, The American President, Tightrope, Inner Space and The Distinguished Gentlemen. Anyways If anyone wants them for free and they live around Vancouver BC. No picking threw you'll have to take them all but your welcome to them.

This may sound lame, but are there companies out there that will convert an old VHS to digital (avi I suppose) for a reasonable amount (like say, the movie you want converted was such a flop because no one else in the world liked it so it never made it to DVD)?

This is my current dilemma, just cleared out over 200 books that have been read , now I keep looking at my videos thinking should I get shot of them too, but each time I think yes there going along with the vcr, something holds me back! haven't watched a vid for so long but still dithering on what to do.