RIP Louis Gossett Jr, 87

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked

Sad news...

RIP

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Oh no. RIP.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I like Jaws 3D - I don't care what anybody says. And Lou did the best he could with the material.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Loved everything I saw him in, but his Jeriba Shigan, the Drac that warred against a human when they're both stranded on a harsh planet, was for me one of his best roles ever and I think of that role every time I hear Gossett Jr.'s name. He played under a lot of makeup and a lot times you still tell that's a particular actor underneath, but not Gossett Jr. He totally makes me forget when I watch the film, so invested was he in that role. But again, everything he did was excellent. Godspeed, Louis.

After seeing his cameo in the musical version of The Color Purple, I saw this coming because he looked so frail and unhealthy in that film. Terrific and underrated actor. He was fantastic in An Officer and a Gentlmen (though. of the truth be told, I had a different choice for Best Supporting Actor that year) and as Fiddler in Roots. Sidney, Ossie, and he were industry pioneers. RIP.