The Amazing Spider-Man

Tools    

i hope this is more darker than the others spidey. just like nolans batman

i hope this is more darker than the others spidey. just like nolans batman
I almost gave negative rep for this (would have been the first time I've done that), but I don't know if you are joking. I hope you are. Every time I hear someone talking about how Hollywood wants to make a superhero franchise "darker" or "grittier" I cringe. It works for Batman because he's effing Batman!

Just watch Thor, Captain America, Iron Man or, shockingly enough, the original Spider-Man films and see how much fun a not dark/edgy/gritty superhero can be.

But, i do hope you were joking...

that's what she said...
Since mostly EVERYONE is looking forward to The Amazing Spider-Man comming soon, I thought I'd post up the 3 previous spider-mans to get everyone even more pumped!!

SPIDER-MAN (2002)

SPIDER-MAN 2 (2004)

SPIDER-MAN 3 (2007)

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Hope is does not suck as much as the other sequels.

Captain America I adored. But I'm a loony, so I'll shut up.
Captain America was fun, but I also was left cold by the Spider-man movies. The Spider-man franchise more than any other films make me feel loony because it seems everyone else loved it.

This new movie looks full of cliched grittiness though.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
@lundy1026

I wonder how he can upload full movies on youtube ?? Youtube doesn't allow any copyright video
not sure if serious.

take away the copywrite videos, and you are left with cats and a ball of twine vids.

Semper Fooey
@lundy1026

I wonder how he can upload on youtube ?? Youtube doesn't allow any copyright video
They don't remove them until the copyright owner complains. There are movies still under copyright thAT HAVE BEEN ON YOUTUBE FOR YEARS AND OTHERS GET REMOVED RIGHT AWAY. The Spidermans won't be there long, but you can watch it while it is there.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Ime not really pumped for this movie if ime honest. I love comic book movies but spiderman is one of the characters that just doesnt appeal to me, and the last few bunch of films were terrible.

i am not really looking forward to this one. I thought spiderman 3 was a really bad let down for me.

as it's title says i hope the movie will be amazing

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
As the title says, I hope the movie will have Spider-Man.

Suspect's Reviews

Semper Fooey
Little known facts. Jack Kirby pitched an old rejected superhero he did with his old partner, Joe Simon, called Spiderman to Stan Lee. After Lee switched to Steve Ditko, Ditko told him it sounded like Archie's superhero's origin of The Fly (which was created by sSimon and Kirby redoing the old concept). Lee and Ditko came up with a new origin. Pages of the unpublished Simon and Kirby Spiderman exist. I am not sure if Kirby drew it or not. I think they went through two versions, and the first was drawn by Captain Marvel co-creator, C.C. Beck. Kirby may have drawn the second version, not sure.

Movie Forums Insomniac
As the title says, I hope the movie will have The.
Compared to the other two that just doesn't play well.

Movie Forums Insomniac
This is awesome!!!

Movie Forums Insomniac
Sony releases new viral video for The Amazing Spider-Man

For the past few years, viral marketing has become increasingly popular with blockbusters and small-budget films alike, and it’s hard not to see why considering it gives an audience a fun and interactive way to get more out of the story, creating a unique experience.

For example, the film Cloverfield gave us both encrypted videos, fake news stories, and mysterious websites, allowing the viewer to piece together both the plot and origins of the monster that was otherwise not seen in the actual film, giving it a more realistic feeling.

We’ve even seen it used in The Dark Knight, as well as The Dark Knight Rises, using videos, websites, and fake news stories (see a pattern here?) rewarding those seeking more details early reveals of footage or even the first appearance of the villain.

Well keeping up with that trend is Sony, who has continued the viral marketing campaign for The Amazing Spider-Man, this time in the form as a newscast from the Daily Bugle.

You can check it out

So something new you should have caught on before even finishing the video is that instead of a newspaper, the Daily Bugle has now been updated into a TV Station and instead of J. Jonah Jameson as the heckler, we now have Captain Stacey. Sure we had a few hints to this, but the video confirms how different this new Spider-Man film is really going to be.

The video does a great job of setting up how important the public’s reaction to the image of Spider-Man is to the overall plot (a la The Dark Knight) and the new take on The Daily Bugle does a more effective job of this for a new generation rather than just a written news story and a few pictures would.

The video also gives a new website to explore for all that viral-y goodness, Webbedmenace.com. On it is a wanted poster of Spider-Man that harkens back to some of the original stories of the comic books from Steve Ditko and Stan Lee, which is definitely worth checking out all on its own.

The Amazing Spider-Man hits theaters on July 3rd, 2012.
Source: Filmonic