Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser

Tools    

He's the Benjamin Button of, like, quality.

I don't mind a no-Shredder movie--the quasi-decent 2007 movie (
) didn't feature him--in and of itself. I kind of like saving it for a sequel, ala The Joker and The Dark Knight. Though just like TDK, I seem to recall that TMNT did have a little nod at the end that he might be in the next one, even though it takes place after they've defeated him. But this feels like a slate-cleaning film.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought Shredder was awesome in the original turtles movies. Ive seen the first two I still havent seen the third movie where theygo back in time

I thought Shredder was awesome in the original turtles movies. Ive seen the first two I still havent seen the third movie where theygo back in time

You don't really want to either. It's about as exciting and enthralling as the live action TV series that was made that had the female turtle in it.

Shredder was decent in the first film, second one spoiled it with the mutation.
Third one was the worst, but far better than the TV show with the female turtle.

Now that Rodent has reminded me of it, I am sure Bay can do a far better job than that TV show..

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Shredder was decent in the first film, second one spoiled it with the mutation.
Third one was the worst, but far better than the TV show with the female turtle.

Now that Rodent has reminded me of it, I am sure Bay can do a far better job than that TV show..
I have been told that the third film is bad, I think thats why I have never seen it. I enjoyed the first two films and TMNT, the game for TMNT wasnt really up to much though.

I have been told that the third film is bad, I think thats why I have never seen it. I enjoyed the first two films and TMNT, the game for TMNT wasnt really up to much though.
Maybe if this Bay's version ever happens, & it turns out bad or stupid, or both, which is most likely to happen.. then you could probably watch the third film.

The third film plays along like an okayish episode of the old animated show.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Maybe if this Bay's version ever happens, & it turns out bad or stupid, or both, which is most likely to happen.. then you could probably watch the third film.

The third film plays along like an okayish episode of the old animated show.
I will watch the third film at some point, im sure my mate has it on dvd.

The only good thing about the third is that Feldman is back voicing Donatello.
Someone else did it in the second film.

Peter Alan Laird co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shares his opinion on Micheal Bay's controversial decision to make the turtles aliens

Well Michael Bay said, "These turtles are from an alien race" he created a firestorm of controversy bigger than anything he has put on film, and that is say something. Over the past few days we've heard from many actors that have worked on TMNT, but not from one of the most important people, the creators. Peter Laird alongside Kevin Eastman, gave birth to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Peter has gone to his blog to weigh in on Bay's controversial comments.

I have had several requests from TMNT fans during this past week to comment on the idea of the Turtles being "reimagined" as aliens for the upcoming TMNT movie to be produced by Michael Bay. A few people -- who don't seem to understand that I am no longer in control of the property -- want me to stop this, somehow. Obviously, I can't do that, even if I wanted to.

But I would actually encourage TMNT fans to swallow the "chill pill" Mr. Bay recently suggested they take, and wait and see what might come out of this seemingly ill-conceived plan. It's possible that with enough truly creative brainpower applied to this idea, it might actually work. I'm not saying it's probable, or even somewhat likely… but it IS possible.

However, as I have pondered this further, I have realized that in one way it IS truly a genius notion. Let me explain…
Over the years, I have made no secret of my distaste for what I consider to be the weak, facile, creatively bankrupt idea which can be summed up like this:

"If FOUR Ninja Turtles are good, then FIVE (or more) Ninja Turtles MUST be better!"

It was in large part this brain-dead notion that led to the creation of the execrable "Venus de Milo" character in the blessedly short-lived live action TV series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation". And I can't tell you how many times we got mail in the early years of the Turtles from people who thought it was simply an amazing idea to do a "fifth Turtle", and how many times those same people suggested that this fifth Turtle be named "Picasso". And many times, the brilliant idea to explain this extra Turtle was that, instead of there being just four pet shop turtles in that glass bowl in the origin story, there were really FIVE.

Sigh.

I'll admit -- I have played with the idea of more Turtles myself, a few times. There was the character of "Kirby", the "fifth Turtle" that Kevin Eastman and I came up with for one of the several movie ideas which never came to fruition. And I created the "Super Turtles" in Volume 4 of the TMNT comics published by Mirage… and they eventually appeared in one episode of the 4Kids animated TMNT TV series.

But…

… in both those instances, I was careful to make these Turtles not just MORE of the same, i.e. just extra TMNT. In both of the above cases, the extra Turtles were from other dimensions… and the Super Turtles, especially, were VERY different from the Ninja Turtles. I don't remember all the details of the work we did on that "Kirby the Fifth Turtle" thing, but I DO remember being adamant that if we were going to agree to the idea of a "fifth Turtle", it would have to be something other than the harebrained "there was an extra Turtle in the bowl, etc." idea.

Is that too fine a line? Yeah, maybe… but to my way of thinking, anyway, it is a CLEAR line.

Anyway, to get back to the "TMNT are aliens" thing -- the reason I say it could be a "genius" idea is that -- for the first time -- someone has come up with a way to have as many freakin' Turtles as they want. I mean, if the TMNT are actually members of an alien race, there could be a whole PLANET of them! Joy. -- PL

UPDATE: I asked Peter if his comment, "I have realized that in one way it IS truly a genius notion" was sarcastic or genuine, he replied, "Both, actually."

He also responded to another member that commented on his blog, with this message.

"You know, I've been kind of impressed with the volume and intensity of fan reaction to this alien idea. It makes me wonder what the reaction would have been had the producer of the upcoming "Superman" movie announced that instead of Kal-El being an alien from the planet Krypton, they would be making him a mutant created on Earth by KryptoBioGenetics, Inc..

That's almost as wacky.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Creator Kevin Eastman Praises Michael Bay's Vision

Kevin Eastman - "Hey Guys, Sorry to have been away for so long--completely swamped with work--but it is some pretty exciting stuff. I had been invited to check out the TMNT film development by my friend Scott Mednick over the years, and a while back had a full look behind the curtian at what writers Appelbaum and Nemec, director Liebesman, and producer Bay are doing--and trust me--it IS AWESOME. I'm officially on board, and will share more as I'm allowed... thanks all!"
Looks like someone got a fat cheque!
I am guessing this is what Bay meant by chill pill.

If Abrams would ever come up with something like this, I would have have been a bit curious & excited.
The guy would have cleverly managed to stay faithful to the original & make some changes as well.

Jonathan Liebesman On TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Reboot, Alien Race Comments, Motion Capture & More..

On The "Alien" Aspect Of The Reboot...
“Look, it’s so funny—if everyone was such a die-hard fan, they would know that the TCRI canisters where the ooze comes from. That is alien ooze. Now I’m not saying what Michael said is exactly what the movie is, because we’re sitting in a room now figuring everything out. So we don’t know, but we are like Michael said: we’re expanding it, and the expansion will be true to the mythology. I promise you: fans will love it.”

On Working With Kevin Eastman...
“Whatever mythology we’re building on or expanding is coming from that guy, Kevin Eastman’s head, who created the Turtles in the first place. And so everything will tie in with the mythology; fans will be extremely excited with what we’re coming up with. A lot of it is stuff he’s wanted to do for a long time, but just hasn’t had the opportunity because now we have the budget and things on this film to expand it in the right way. And so, I’m happy that everyone is extremely passionate, and they will not be disappointed. It’s all coming from the best possible place for this franchise.”

On Whether Or Not The Turtles Will Be CGI'd...
“All I’ll say is that I love how they did [The Rise of the Planet of the Apes]. That was exceptional.”

On How Much Action Is In The Movie...
“We’re definitely into the action, but for me what’s more important than that is that it’s a story about brotherhood and friendship and responsibility. Right now, I’m with the characters because those are what attracted me to the movie. They’re the best characters I’ll have had a chance to deal with.”

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot hits theaters December 25th, 2013.

And so, I’m happy that everyone is extremely passionate, and they will not be disappointed. It’s all coming from the best possible place for this franchise.
Yes, we know.. straight from Bay's ass.

Anyway, this guy makes it sound far decent than Bay or Kevin Eastman (the creator) did.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
If Bay is sticking with the alien storyline, I'm not seeing it. I don't care if one of the creators backs it. Bottom line is, Bay has already ruined my childhood with "Transformers" and I doubt he will do anything BUT ruin TMNT.

Bay deserves an ass-kicking, Casey Jones style