The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Movies

→ in
Tools    

... I watched the Joss Whedon movie In Your Eyes (2014), ... I loved it, and it has a good chance to make my list too...
I'm glad you posted that, In Your Eyes sounds good so I just requested it from my library. Sure I know of the classics in sci fi but I don't think I had ever heard of In Your Eyes, if you hadn't asked your question I wouldn't have ever seen it.

Do you know of anymore sci fis like that? I'm looking for some recommendations and I know that you and I have similar taste.

Think this got missed....can you just clarify pls Nope....
Just to check as IMDb only list it as 'Action Thriller' .... we are counting Capricorn One as sci-fi aren't we? It does concern a supposed manned mission to Mars after all.
Can you tell I just cued it up to watch

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Think this got missed....can you just clarify pls Nope....
Just to check as IMDb only list it as 'Action Thriller' .... we are counting Capricorn One as sci-fi aren't we? It does concern a supposed manned mission to Mars after all.
Can you tell I just cued it up to watch
Capricorn One definitely counts.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watched The Abyss, and I loved it. It has a chance to break into my top 25 sci-fi list.
Did you watch the theatrical or extended cut?

I watched the theatrical cut, (about 2-1/2 hours). Hopefully I'll find the time to watch the extended cut at a later date.

I'm glad you posted that, In Your Eyes sounds good so I just requested it from my library. Sure I know of the classics in sci fi but I don't think I had ever heard of In Your Eyes, if you hadn't asked your question I wouldn't have ever seen it.

Do you know of anymore sci fis like that? I'm looking for some recommendations and I know that you and I have similar taste.

A few similar movies that come to mind are:
Somewhere in Time (1980)
The Adjustment Bureau (2011)
The Fountain (2006)
Starman (1984)
WALL·E (2008)

I haven't seen this one, but it's on my watchlist:
Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

I know that you've seen these movies, but I'm listing them here for anyone else who might be interested:
The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)
Upside Down (2012)

In Your Eyes counts.
Thanks.

I checked my DVD of The Andromeda Strain, but it's the wrong version. It's the A&E mini-series from 2008. Would the mini-series be eligible for this countdown, or does it have to be a movie?
What about The Andromeda Strain mini-series? Does that count, or should I go looking for the original movie?

A few similar movies that come to mind are:
Somewhere in Time (1980)
The Adjustment Bureau (2011)
The Fountain (2006)
Starman (1984)
WALL·E (2008)

I haven't seen this one, but it's on my watchlist:
Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

I know that you've seen these movies, but I'm listing them here for anyone else who might be interested:
The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)
Upside Down (2012)
Thanks! GBG

Today I ordered a bunch of sci fis from my library and I will check out some of those you just mentioned too.

This is what I now have requested:

Dark city
Edge of tomorrow
Mars attacks!
I'll follow you down
In your eyes
Mr. Nobody
Cloud atlas
20,000 leagues under the sea
Close encounters of the third kind
Code 46
Indignation
Equilibrium

Thanks! GBG

Today I ordered a bunch of sci fis from my library and I will check out some of those you just mentioned too.

This is what I now have requested:

Dark city
Edge of tomorrow
Mars attacks!
I'll follow you down
In your eyes
Mr. Nobody
Cloud atlas
20,000 leagues under the sea
Close encounters of the third kind
Code 46
Indignation
Equilibrium

I haven't seen some of those, but I highly recommend these:
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
I'll Follow You Down
In Your Eyes

Mars Attacks! is a fun movie, and it's definitely worth watching, but I'll be surprised if it makes the countdown.

Have you seen Another Earth? I'm pretty sure you have, if so what did you think of it? I'll check back tomorrow, night!

Is that the movie with Will Smith and his son, or the one where someone wins some kind of a contest for a space trip? (Those are two movies with similar titles that I keep confusing.) I haven't seen either of them, but I want to see the one without Will Smith.

Most of the reviews or talk here at MoFo was positive about Another Earth. I reviewed it and Gideon did too and he really liked it.

Have you seen this one? Somebody mentioned it on this thread.

I tried watching that last night but got tired of the way it was filmed and after 5 minutes I shut it off.

Most of the reviews or talk here at MoFo was positive about Another Earth. I reviewed it and Gideon did too and he really liked it.

Have you seen this one? Somebody mentioned it on this thread.

I tried watching that last night but got tired of the way it was filmed and after 5 minutes I shut it off.

No, I've never even heard of Coherence. It sounds like it's not worth my time if you couldn't even get past the first 5 minutes, but IMDB shows it has a rating of 7.2, so I might give it a try.

Thanks.

I checked, and Another Earth is on my watchlist. (I think the Will Smith movie is called After Earth, or something like that.)
This just occurred to me, but After Earth should be called AfterBirth (referring to Jaden Smith).

Man, that's mean! (even for me!)

No, I've never even heard of Coherence. It sounds like it's not worth my time if you couldn't even get past the first 5 minutes, but IMDB shows it has a rating of 7.2, so I might give it a try.
If you ever watch it let me know, I would give it another shot if you give it a

This just occurred to me, but After Earth should be called AfterBirth (referring to Jaden Smith).

Man, that's mean! (even for me!)
Ha! Oh my

Jaden Smith shouldn't be allowed to make movies.
Yup!