Christine
Miss Vicky
Theo
Jiraffejustin
R.P. McMurphy
Cricket
Swan
Godoggo

With 12 people everyone gets 10 nominations and 8 people get 11. Just go ahead and do your 10 for now and if one more person pops in and says they want to join they can have the remaining eight nominations. If no one does then we will figure that out later.

I'm not starting this until Sunday (possible Sat.) but I want everyone to get their nominations in and everything ironed out before this weekend so we don't get off to a late start.

If your wondering if a song is Folk or not, these links will help you:

List of Folk Singers

Article on Folk Music

Or you can look it up on Wiki or ask in this thread for our opinion.

You can post your nominations when your ready. Try to have them in by Friday.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Cricket's list is really Rock/Pop or Folk Rock as is a few of gbgoodies' but I think that's going to be par for the course. Once you electrify or have more than 3 or 4 chords to a song you start moving away from what's considered Folk IMHO.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Cricket's list is really Rock/Pop or Folk Rock as is a few of gbgoodies' but I think that's going to be par for the course. Once you electrify or have more than 3 or 4 chords to a song you start moving away from what's considered Folk IMHO.

That's why I posted my list before taking the time to find the links. I looked at a whole bunch of lists of folk music, and picked the songs that I like from those lists, so all of my songs came from folk music lists online. But I want to make sure that they're okayed here as well.

Once I know that all the songs are okayed, I'll add the links.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm not too familiar with Folk music, so I looked up some songs on some folk web sites. Are these songs okay?
If yes, I'll add the links ASAP.

City of New Orleans - Steve Goodman
Puff The Magic Dragon - Peter, Paul and Mary
Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills Nash & Young
Can The Circle Be Unbroken - Carter Family
Turn, Turn, Turn - The Byrds (Pete Seeger)
Alice’s Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
Where Have All The Flowers Gone - The Kingston Trio
Blowin’ in the Wind - Bob Dylan
Mr. Bojangles - Jerry Jeff Walker
Most of those are really folksy, so cool. The only one I was iffy on was Mr. BoJangles, but I looked it up and it's classified as folk. Plus the more I think about it the more folksy it becomes to me. Plus I love that song. So yeah, you're good.

I'm not too familiar with Folk music, so I looked up some songs on some folk web sites. Are these songs okay?
If yes, I'll add the links ASAP.

City of New Orleans - Steve Goodman
Puff The Magic Dragon - Peter, Paul and Mary
Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills Nash & Young
Can The Circle Be Unbroken - Carter Family
Turn, Turn, Turn - The Byrds (Pete Seeger)
Alice’s Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
Where Have All The Flowers Gone - The Kingston Trio
Blowin’ in the Wind - Bob Dylan
Mr. Bojangles - Jerry Jeff Walker
Most of those are really folksy, so cool. The only one I was iffy on was Mr. BoJangles, but I looked it up and it's classified as folk. Plus the more I think about it the more folksy it becomes to me. Plus I love that song. So yeah, you're good.

Great. I'll add the links in a little while. (As soon as I finish watching the Robin Williams tribute special from PBS last night.)

Great. I'll add the links in a little while. (As soon as I finish watching the Robin Williams tribute special from PBS last night.)
I actually had 5 of those on my list but you beat me to them

I actually had 5 of those on my list but you beat me to them

Sorry about that. Like I said, I don't know much about folk music, so I won't be surprised if everybody already knows all of my songs. There aren't a lot of surprises on my list.

Sorry, Derek. No on both The Doors and The Dropkick Murphy's. Look through these and see if there is anything you like:

http://www.folkalley.com/lists/index.php?listid=1
Dropkick Murphys are on your list .... so I don't know why it's not eligible ... but yes I switch The Doors

Sorry about that. Like I said, I don't know much about folk music, so I won't be surprised if everybody already knows all of my songs. There aren't a lot of surprises on my list.
It's quite alright; there's another 3 songs that I can only find live versions to, and I don't want to do that, so I'll just find a couple more.