The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Will I have time to play through Rebel Galaxy before Fallout 4 hits?

No idea, but I sure as flip want to give it a try. The game's been on my wishlist for ... ok, Steam's down so I can't tell you ... a long time.

Bloody Steam.

I'm not one for patrolling the crowdfunding websites looking for interesting stuff but I'm keeping close tabs on Indivisible. It's from the Skullgirls developers, is a 2D brawler/RPG and looks to be as charming and flat-out beautiful as their previous game. I really hope this gets funded.

Link

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Original 3/4 Warcraft is the closest I ever got.

Looks like I am turning into a former game player. Might be saddling up to the table for that plate of crow about platting MGS:PP.

Original 3/4 Warcraft is the closest I ever got.

Looks like I am turning into a former game player. Might be saddling up to the table for that plate of crow about platting MGS:PP.
How are you getting on with TPP?

For me, Act 2's stopping it being an all time classic.

I'm sorry to report that we are on a gaming down cycle right now T. The only time the 4 has been turned on in the past few weeks is by accident.

This time of year eats up the free time with all the work around the house and new movies and what not. I'm starting to peel off my accumulation of stuff via ebay and that is becoming another time chaser. My gaming time is pretty much when I wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning.

I am already disappointed to say that Deus Ex will not be a day one, because I doubt I will be done with PP. The greatest Indiana Jones simulator ever will be out right after and there is no way I would finish the latest story of Jensen by then.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Former. Played it in 2005 and 2006. I stopped playing video games when I discovered (serious) animation and manga.
You watched Attack on Titan?Any idea when new episodes are coming? And did manga progress further than anime?

Telltale's Back to the Future is awesome!!!! Not only does Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson reprise roles of Doc and Marty, but it is a direct sequel to the trilogy. The best experience of the films since....the films.

I'm sorry to report that we are on a gaming down cycle right now T. The only time the 4 has been turned on in the past few weeks is by accident.

This time of year eats up the free time with all the work around the house and new movies and what not. I'm starting to peel off my accumulation of stuff via ebay and that is becoming another time chaser. My gaming time is pretty much when I wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning.

I am already disappointed to say that Deus Ex will not be a day one, because I doubt I will be done with PP. The greatest Indiana Jones simulator ever will be out right after and there is no way I would finish the latest story of Jensen by then.
I can't do movies and games together either. During the 200 hours I put into finishing Witcher 3 and MGS 5 I watched 4 or 5 films. Fallout 4's going to be at least 100 hours (10 times that over the next half decade if it's anything like other Bethesda RPGs) so my Blu Ray backup will get serious until December rolls around.

The post-Christmas games lull will provide the laxative.

--------------

Aaaanyway, Rebel Galaxy's fun but the fact it's a £15 game is apparent all too quickly. The core gameplay (ie, the combat) is spot on but trading, mining and exploration are so bare bones that the might as well not be there.

It's an impressive achievement for two developers, a handful of contractors and a tiny budget but there are already some idiots on the Steam forums comparing the game unfavourably to Elite.

Compare it to Drox Operative, Zigfrack, Ring Runner, Star Wolves or even older stuff like Freelancer (although Freelancer is far better) and things get a lot more interesting.

EDIT - It also has custom soundtracks. Why don't more games have custom soundtracks?

there's a frog in my snake oil
The core gameplay (ie, the combat) is spot on but trading, mining and exploration are so bare bones that the might as well not be there.
Hey, that does sound like Elite at launch

Obviously needs more bugginess

Is AC Syndicate the least hyped AAA release of this console generation?

The bad smell from Unity must still be lingering as I've seen next to no press for Syndicate and here it is, released. I really can't be bothered this time - Unity was as big a download (50-odd GB) as GTAV but I uninstalled it 10 minutes after first booting the thing up and haven't summoned up the will to try again.

AC 1 - Great proof of concept
AC 2 - Wonderful
AC Brotherhood - Nearly as good
AC Revelations - Stop with Ezio, already
AC 3 - Almost universal cries of shark jumping
AC 4 - Bee Gees and boats
AC Unity - Laughably bugged
AC Syndicate - Will anyone care?

And those are just the main games - Apparently there are 14 (?!?) additional sub-entries in the series, a series which debuted in 2007.

Talk about milking a franchise dry.

I never found the appeal of AC and I am an action-adv freak.

Tacitus: Steam tells you already own Westerado: Double Barreled, which is on sale today. Reviews look good, seems like my kinda game. What did you think of it?

Clever, funny little game and probably about as close as we'll get to Red Dead Redemption (hey, it's an open world cowboy revenge tale, ok? ) on PC. 50% off is a fair price because of its length but it lends itself well to multiple playthroughs.