Movie Tab II

Tools    

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
Gosford Park (Robert Altman)

Gosford Park is a goooooood movie.

The Strange Case of Senior Computer

I've seen this movie before and I still like it, a lot. The robot is hilarious. "Resorted to thieving like a welfare mother in a Wal-Mart." Hahahaha. If you can find this somewhere you need to see it.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Meet the Robinsons in 3D.

This is a fun movie.

Danger!! It is more cloying and less funny than any other recent kids movie I've seen (anything by Pixar, Monster House, even those Robert Rodriguez kiddie flicks). Bring headphones and listen to a happy-sounding aphex twin album/compilation (richard d james album), ween, or some 1980s video game-esque electronica. It is worth seeing this way because the 3-D gimmick is awesome and really well done. You will be completely able to follow the plot without the sound anyway because it is a Disney movie. Don't bother seeing it without the 3-D effect.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Beetlejuice - I forget how many times this makes it I've watched this film, but it really is a classic comedy. It's kind of shocking, having not seen it in a while, the level of pitch black humour and gruesome special effects in the film, and Michael Keaton is hilarious. I wonder what happened to him? He was a huge star, I mean he was...no IS Batman, and now he doesn't make films anymore.

Dreamgirls - Good movie, not great. Eddie Murphy is awesome in it, and how often do you hear that anymore. (Oh, and the guy who was Urkel is in it for about two minutes. LOL.)

Blood and chocolate-Sucks 2/5

Interview with a Vampire-Ecxellent 5/5

American History X-Amazing 5/5

Independence Day-Entertainingly good 4/5

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones)

My stomach still hurts from all the laughing.

The Crying Game
(Neil Jordan)

I had the twist ruined for me, but that doesn't change the fact that this was a really weird and unique cinematic experience.

Defending Your Life - Another great Albert Brooks film.
Indeed.

Check out the Albert Brooks thread HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A bunch of early short films by Peter Greenaway: H is for House, Dear Phone, Windows, Intervals, Water Wrackets, A Walk Through H, and Vertical Features Remake. Some good stuff, especially A Walk Through H, which was difficult enough that I'll need to see it again some time.

Also saw High Society - nothing special.

I saw The Silence of The Lambs again. But I think this will be the last time I watch it because I'm afraid I'll start picking it apart and not like it as much. I noticed myself finding imperfections in this movie last night. Oh no...

I saw The Silence of The Lambs again. But I think this will be the last time I watch it because I'm afraid I'll start picking it apart and not like it as much. I noticed myself finding imperfections in this movie last night. Oh no...
How many times have you watched it and I really neeeeeed to know what bothered you about it now.
Did you see Red Dragon? I enjoyed that as well. Loved where the guy was saying "Do you see" to the dude he had taped up watching his home made movie.

The Doors - billionth time. It's not a great movie, no, and bits of it's dialogue are pretty bad, honestly, but Val Kilmer is fantastic, and it did take guts to re-envision Jim Morrison's life as a psycho-drama musical. (make no bones about it, The Doors is technically a musical. every other scene is a song.)

How many times have you watched it and I really neeeeeed to know what bothered you about it now.
Did you see Red Dragon? I enjoyed that as well. Loved where the guy was saying "Do you see" to the dude he had taped up watching his home made movie.

I'm not sure how many times I have watched this movie, I know I've seen it at least 5-7 times during the 90s, and even more in the past 7 years. My estimate would be about 20 times. I have learned over the past few years not to watch movies over and over or I will start to dislike them. But I was bored and thought The Silence of The Lambs would lift me from my bordom.

WARNING: "The Silence of The Lambs" spoilers below
What bothered me this time was how unrealistic the process of catching Buffalo Bill is. For example, when Starling finds out about the storage space and goes alone to check it out. Why didn't the FBI check it out sooner? And if they didn't know about it, Starling still should not have gone alone. Even if the rest of the FBI didn't listen/believe Starling, she should not have gone alone. In real life you would see a whole mess of FBI agents swarming this storage space. Also, when Starling went to the house to see the woman and saw that there was a man there, right then she should have called for backup. I know she already figured that the FBI found the guy, but still. And when she was in the house talking to the guy and realized it was Buffalo Bill, she should have called for backup before she went off searching for him. And when she was down in the basement where the girl was and told her that other FBI are on the way, she never made the call. Maybe she was saying this to calm the girl down, but still, she should have made the call.

I know that I'm nichpicking, but some things just seemed unbelievable.

I know that I'm nichpicking, but some things just seemed unbelievable.
Gummo, I have only seen that movie one time, finally talked into seeing it by my sister, and I complained about those same exact things.

A system of cells interlinked
Yes, do tell, Chris.

Meanwhile:

300 (in IMAX)

Some serious acting/direction issues here, but I had fun watching it, anyway.

Children of Men