Cricket's Top 100 of the Decade so Far

→ in
Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
I really liked The Drop. That's was a neat little film that could'a come out of the 70s. Hardy keeps surprising me with how understated he can be (I was introduced to him through Bronson and Bane). Matthias Schoenaerts is someone I've had my eye on for some time. It's interesting the way he and Hardy are similar as actors. I could see him being a bigger star someday.

Gandolfini was, naturally, excellent in it. Reminded me a bit of Pacino in Donnie Brasco.

I'll go down in history as the only nerd who didn't like First Class.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I love First Class. It's up there with X-Men 2 as my favourite of the many X-Men films. Surprised to see it on your list though, and so high up. I quite liked The Drop but it didn't strike me as anything special and I'm struggling to remember a single thing about it right now.

Django Unchained (2012)

I think this is a flawed film, but it's also a total blast with several standout characters.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)

Random favorite that makes me laugh and cry.

Django's lots of fun but ultimately a shallow(ish) endeavor. The supporting actor award belonged to Leo, not Waltz. I really don't get how they came to that conclusion.

I'm pretty sure SAFFTEOTW is half baked but, somehow, it gets me every time. It's kind of impressive how it commits to the premise.

There are way too many good films here since I last commented for me to mention but I'll just talk about a bunch of them.

The Way Way Back - people, if you have not seen this movie, see it. One of the best indies I've seen in the past few years, I own it on DVD, along with a lot of the films on this list so far. Sam Rockwell's character is great and seeing Steve Carell finally play a jerk is a nice change.

Django Unchained - My second favorite Tarantino film, only other one I like more is Inglourious Basterds. One of the best performances I've seen from DiCaprio. He needs to play more villains I feel like he'd kill it.

X-Men: First Class - The best X-Men film imo. Matthew Vaughn is one of my favorite directors out there right now I can't wait to see Kingsman 2.

Prisoners - Another one I own on DVD. Gyllenhaal and Jackman are great in this film. Though I can't watch it all the time because it does get pretty depressing at times.

Horrible Bosses - One of my favorite comedies from the past decade. Only one I rate higher is Tropic Thunder.

The Hateful Eight - Not one of my favorite Tarantino films, but I still thought it was a solid film.

Rango - Haven't seen it in a while but I did like it. Enjoyed it more than most of Johnny Depp's most recent works.

Silver Linings Playbook - Obviously most here know its my favorite Jennifer Lawrence performance. It has slowly fell down my list of favorite films but I still like it.

Knock Knock - One of the most frustrating films I've ever watched. It was good but I was just really pissed during the movie man those women just pissed me off lol. It really flips the script in a lot of ways.

Nightcrawler (2014)

This movie is twisted and funny, and the high point of Jake's career so far IMO.

Blue Ruin (2013)

A tight independent crime thriller that had me wondering why more movies like it can't get made.

I really liked Nightcrawler too. Gyllenhaal commands it but I give a shoutout to Riz Ahmed for privinding a sometimes annoyingly endearing presence to counter Lou's.

Anyway, it feels like successor to Friedkin, Mann or Schrader. Looking forward to what Gilroy does next.

Blue Ruin is cool, brutal little film. It's really fascinating to see this kind of story give the violence so much weight. I think Saulnier is really good at this. You feel the action.

Nightcrawler (2014)

This movie is twisted and funny, and the high point of Jake's career so far IMO.

[center]#15
Favorite film of 2014 and of the past few years! Gyllenhaal got snubbed which was a crime imo he should of at least been nominated for his work in this film. I always forget Riz was in that movie and I just remember because I just saw him in Rogue One.

Drive (2011)

I didn't care much for this the first time I saw it. I knew I must have had a bad day because it's right up my alley. Great casting, style, and intensity.

The Revenant (2015)

Incredible to look at but I was also thoroughly engrossed for it's duration.

Boyhood (2014)

The whole movie is a gimmick, but it's a gimmick that involved a lot of dedication from a lot of people. It probably should be higher but it's not something I would watch over and over.

A Seperation (2011)

Objectively speaking, it's probably the best movie on this list. I view it as practically flawless. However, like the previous entry, it's not a movie I would watch over and over.

Pretty sure Drive will remain top 15 when the decade is over with.

I will continue to defend The Revenant's excess for the simple fact that I think it's the sort of movie I would make.

Boyhood is powerful on me because I've grown up at the same time as it's characters. I even moved to Texas at the same age.

Linklater's sensibilities are ones I appreciate very much.

I like Boyhood. It would be in the bottom half of Linklater for me but it's still a good film. i really like Ethan Hawke as usual especially. A Separation would be my #2, amazing film.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Already seen 42 of these, eager to watch 9 that were mentioned and still, we have 10 more to go.

Boyhood sucks!