What do you think is the Best Star Wars Film?

Tools    

Hey Star Wars fans. Which do you think is the best SW film? Is it Episode II or maybe you like the oldies such as Empire Strikes Back?

I personally like the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Post your ideas.

Sorry about my last Thread. It stunk and I didnt know what I was doing. I do now though.

we forgive you, this time but back to the topic, ive only seen episode one, empire strickes back and return of the jedi and i found Return of the Jedi to be the best i liked its plot and its ending

The Future Ed Wood
empire strike sback for me. loved the ending and for once the bad guys win at the end of the movie!

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Radioactive Spider Blood
My favorite of the original trilogy is Return of the Jedi, followed by The Empire Strikes Back, and then A New Hope.

Empire could have been number 1 for me, but I hate the ending! It just leaves you there, there's no completion or anything! I understand that it set up for a sequel, but there are much better ways to do it then... "Ok Lando, I'll see you later."

Anyway, with the new trilogy... Episode 2 was much better than Episode 1, although The Phantom Menace wasn't as bad as people said it was.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

A New Hope is the best of the five for me. I'm not sure of things after that...either Return of the Jedi or Attack of the Clones, followed very closely by The Empire Strikes Back. The Phantom Menace is the worst of the five.

Now With Moveable Parts
Return of the Jedi.
It's by far the coolest. I've seen it more times than I care to admit.

I've seen Return of the Jedi more than any of the films, too. It's the only one we had on tape for awhile. I think we'd taped it off TV or something, because it was rather fuzzy and it started late. When I saw the whole movie years later, it kinda freaked me out...I'd grown up with the first 15 minutes of the film missing, basically.

Empire. However, the lightsaber scenes in the new movies are quite a bit better than those in the first trilogy, IMO.

Radioactive Spider Blood
The argument I often hear about why Jedi isn't one of the best films is the Ewoks.

I don't really think that they were that annoying, do you guys? At least not nearly as bad as Jar-Jar Binks, thanks to whom
WARNING: "The Star Wars Series" spoilers below
Palpetine gains more power, and ultimately, total control of the republic

The Ewoks weren't so bad, no. I don't think they ruined the film...C-3PO did more to hurt the film than they did, in my opinion. As for Jar-Jar...

Yes, and no. He was doing that on behalf of Amidala, and the Jedi Council supported it...so they were all fooled, really. It wasn't Jar Jar's idea. The credit goes primarily to Palpatine for being such a friggin' genius.

Radioactive Spider Blood
Yah, all the blame can't be put on Jar Jar, but it is funny that Lucas made it that it was Jar Jar who actually procedeed with that act.

Something that they will definitely have to explain in Episode 3:

How the hell did Yoda and company not realize that the sith was in charge of the Republic? It can't be answered just by saying "His powers were too strong for us".. there has to be a better answer.

Wow thanks to everyone for posting. I didnt think anyone would really post. Yes I love the Ewoks but I dont think they are that bad. I think Jar Jar was the worst. 3P0 was ok.

Empire.

I've never understood why everyone is so high on The Empire Strikes Back. Sure, it was quite good, but I never thought it stood out among the others. I guess 'twas the shock concerning Vader and Luke that did it...to which I can't relate, having grown up with the movie.

Originally posted by Radical Ed
Wow thanks to everyone for posting.
No problem...it's what we do.

Originally posted by Yoda
I've never understood why everyone is so high on The Empire Strikes Back. Sure, it was quite good, but I never thought it stood out among the others. I guess 'twas the shock concerning Vader and Luke that did it...to which I can't relate, having grown up with the movie.
One of the reasons I like it so much is that, of the original trilogy, it's the one with the wall-to-wall action, drama, and romance (and oh my f*cking God, I can't believe I just said it that way, but I can't think of a better way to put it).

Its strength is partially in the fact that it was the second part of a planned trilogy--it didn't have to waste time on set-up, and it didn't have to rush around to an end-of-the-half-hour conclusion. Also, of all the SW movies, it has the snappiest dialogue and the best character development. Not to mention that there are no weak/lame characters (yes, like the Ewoks and Jar Jar). We get the Emperor, we get Lando, we get... YODA , and there you have it. That's why Empire is my favorite.

Now With Moveable Parts
I don't think the Ewoks can be compaired to the lameness of Jar Jar. Number one: The Ewoks don't make stupid jokes.
Number Two: The Ewoks weren't CGI
Number Three: Ewoks are smart and know how to kick ASS! They totally do some damage on those wacky tanks on stilts, what were they called? Imperial Storm Troopers? Right?

Anyhoo...Jedi is the best.

Storm Troopers are what they call the dolts in the weird, white, plastic armor. I think those leggy robots are called Imperial Walkers or something...though that might be the name for the ones they fight on the Ice Planet of Hoth. I forget.

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh yeah. Duh. Why don't you look it up and see what they're called.
Correction Bear.

EDITED for fun and annoyance

The Imperial Walkers that attacked the Echo Base on Hoth were AT-AT Walkers, while the ones that were on Endor were AT-ST Scout Walkers. I know; it's quite sad that I know that...

A couple of Scout Walkers are also visible during the Hoth battle sequence. The AT-ATs are the focus of the segment of course, but the smaller two-legged versions were there too.

And Sades, while you're being corrected: they + are = they're, not their.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra