Worst Movie In Your Collection?

Tools    

Tough call; I've got a lot of little goofy movies, most of which I received as stocking stuffers, though some are quite good.

Two come to mind. First, an early screener of National Lampoon's Van Wilder (don't worry, I didn't pay for it, someone just gave it to me out of the blue). Second, Pearl Harbor, which I bought by accident by failing to send back that forsaken DVD club card. Had it for something like seven years, haven't popped it in once.

A Mighty Wind. Not a terrible movie, just a very disappointing one from a very talented bunch who had delivered the goods before. It was a gift, something I never would have purchased myself. (Thanks, Carol. )

I got Bug (2006) for my last birthday. It's the biggest stinker I own. It'll probably be in the $1 pile at my next garage sale.
Yeah it's one of the worst movies, Which I have seen, thanks for sharing

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Jesus I have quite afew bad movies in my collection, thats what I get for buying job lots I suppose, when I have more time I'll list them

I got Bug (2006) for my last birthday. It's the biggest stinker I own. It'll probably be in the $1 pile at my next garage sale.
Send it my way, then. I found to be a smashing movie with two great performances from Michael Shannon & Ashley Judd. It's actually my favorite from Friedkin.

Send it my way, then. I found to be a smashing movie with two great performances from Michael Shannon & Ashley Judd. It's actually my favorite from Friedkin.
I agree, Bug was a fantastic movie, with an amazing performance from Shannon. I thought it was better then his tiny, but brilliant performance in Revolutionary Road. Sadly Bug went over the head of most movie fans.

Anyway, worst movie in my collection would have to be that terrible Dana Carvey movie Master of Disguise. Someone gave it to me for my birthday a few years back, such a bad movie... I should probably throw out.

Demon Child 666, i dunno why i have it. then there's a cheap Blade rip-off movie called Vampire Slayer or something generic like that. they were both for sale real cheap at family video. i know why. badd. i put 2 d's to accentuate the d part. um...i guess cuz like, if there was a class that taught how to get a d, and you just barely passed it....i dunno. just really bad.

I have a tie between Silent Night, Deadly Night & Super Mario Bros. The Movie. I'd probably give the edge to 'SMB' because it doesn't have any boobs or gore to make up for the sheer awfulness it truly is.

Defs deep blue sea and buying the cow both terrible films

In the Beginning...
I found this in a bargain bin, and had remembered reading a positive review. Turns out I should have paid more attention to the film's tagline.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
The Hitcher -- the remake with Sean Bean.

Many of you know I love Sean; it was being sold at Wal-Mart for like $5.00 and I thought, "how bad can it be?"

My god.

Anyway, I thought Sean was actually pretty good and evil... but whoa, why do people make such horrible films?

The rest of my "bad" DVDs were taken to a used-book store where I turned them in for some money. When my mother was alive, she'd buy just about anything and then give them to me... I had so many yuky movies...

I think Benjamin Button is like the worst one of my collection now.

I certainly have some of the great camp classics, such as Plan 9 from Outer Space, and certainly all regular MoFo's know my adoration for the smoldering neon turd that is Xanadu (1980). And I'm also the kind of collector who is a compulsive completist, so for example I have a copy of John Huston's Phobia (1980) and all of Robert Altman's worst stinkers, just for the sake of rounding out the shelf and keeping a copy for reference sake. I'm also a sucker for the genres of Noir and Westerns, so I have some old B-cheapos that would have to be judged objectively as crapola, but part of me loves them anyway.

I don't know if I could pick a single worst movie out of all of them. I haven't counted in quite a while, but I know I have thousands of DVDs at this point. I wouldn't know how to judge a single "worst" in my library.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Compulsive completist... I think I can relate.

I can say that I managed to give away my VHS copy of Prancer to my step mother last Christmas, maybe not the worst in the world but a pretty terrible Christmas flick for sure.

Originally Posted by Powdered Water
I can say that I managed to give away my VHS copy of Prancer to my step mother last Christmas, maybe not the worst in the world but a pretty terrible Christmas flick for sure.
I don't recall seeing it, but I remember buying the stupid kid's movie-tie-in book for Prancer at my elementary school's book fair back in 1990 or so. What a lousy book. The Ghostbusters II tie-in book was better.

Transformers - Buy 3 for £20. I couldnt find a decent 3rd choice so that was the one I chose. Not sure why, because I had seen it at the cinema and hated it, you know except for Megan Fox's ass ....

I've never watched it.

Just in case you're interested the two good DVD's I got were; Chinatown and Ivan's Childhood (Tarkovsky).

I own lots of terrible movies, but very few are unwatchable. I find most of these movies at least mildly amusing, and am rather proud of owning all of them. They usually have at least one redeeming feature, some cool music, lighting or gore. But to answer the question I'd have to name a few movies that should be good fun, but instead manage to be pretty uneventful and boring.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Incredible Melting Man was pretty bottom-of-the-barrel, at least back at the drive-in 30+ years ago.

A VHS Tape of Terrence Malicks The Thin Red Line. Someone gave it to me as a gag due to my disgust of the film. I promised to cut a piece of film from the tape off/out of it each time I was feeling down. I literally spat on the poster after the movie. Over narrative is an understatement. Spoiler When that main character died I had a strong urge to stand and applaude. I detest a film thats so pretentious and the director telling you what your opinions supposed to be throughout. Did I mention I really thought itd be good with such an all star cast?! Well it wasnt.

Here's ten all I own and all I love but many will disagree.

AVP
Escape from L.A.
Exorcist II The Heretic
Flashdance
G.I. Jane
Hanover Street
Hollywood Homicide
Mindhunters
Maverick
Maximum Overdrive

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My bottom five DVD's (for me):