Most Memorable Performance You've Seen Recently

Tools    

For me it has to be Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood. I just rented it the other day and I was really blown away over how comprehensive the character of Daniel Plainview was - mainly due to the manner in which Daniel Day Lewis played him.

Before that, most likely Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight - a very interesting villain and the essence of how I imagine a psychopath.

And before that, Jack Nicholson as Frank Costello in The Departed. The opening scene to that movie where he is narrating during the song "Gimme Shelter" is just classic.

http://blurbshare.com

Anarchist within reason
Sean Penn in Mystic River and Kevin Bacon in The Woodsman
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Happy New Year from Philly!
Well Butch, I gotta go with you. Daniel Day Lewis as Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood has got to be the most memorable performance I have seen recently. Paul Dano gave an interesting performance in There Will Be Blood too. Maybe too mannered but definitely interesting.

As for performance from this summer's crop of movies, I would have to go with Meryl Streep's turn as Julia Child in Julie and Julia.

Paul Dano's performance was great - he was really creepy. His portrayal of a religious fanatic/healer is almost disturbing to watch - or maybe he's just a goofy looking guy.

I haven't seen Julie and Julia - it wasn't even on my list. But if you say Meryl Streep's performance was that good, I'll have to check it out!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think the best performance I've seen from a film this year is probably by Cristolph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds. He was just so charming and such an S.O.B. at the same time. Maybe he did get his just desserts at the end.

The most memorable performances I've seen in the last 36 hours are by the entire cast of Elmer Gantry (Richard Brooks, 1960). I'll just mention Burt Lancaster, Jean Simmons, Arthur Kennedy, Dean Jagger, Shirley Jones, Rex Ingram, John Qualen, Patti Page, Edward Andrews, John McIntire, Philip Ober, Barry Kelley, Max Showalter, Barbara Luna, Ed Nelson, Peter Brocco, and everybody else. Richard Brooks, I love you!

How could I forget about Cristolph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds? He was brilliant! A real psycho.

How could I forget about Cristolph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds? He was brilliant! A real psycho.
I was just about to say him.
He was excellent!
4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
5. Spirited Away

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I think I'll find Selleck and Rickman's performances in Quigley Down Under quite memorable. They both did very well with their characters. That's the most recent.

Every man dies,but not every man really lives
It's a bit old or maybe to old but i had to post it, the performance by Dakota Fanning in the end of man on fire was to say the least fantastic especially for her age. it's not every day that someone outclasses Denzel Washington but she did, and by a landslide

Abbie Cornish - Bright Star
Joaquin Pheonix - Two Lovers
Adam Sandler - Reign Over Me

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

Making a difference
Meryl Streep in "Doubt"- love it!

Female Jungle Poster
Last night, Pacino in a re-watch of Serpico.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~