Halloween Horror Challenge

Tools    

Can somebody recommend me some horror/comedies from the 2000-2014 time range?
14 years is a big gap. But alright I'll try...

Shaun of the Dead
Eight Legged Freaks
Zombieland
Fido
Bubba Ho-Tep
Dead Snow
Slither
Teeth
feast
Severance
Scary Movie
Santa's Slay
Dead & Breakfast
Black Sheep
Evil Bong
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
Otis
Infestation
Lesbian Vampire Killers
Stan Helsing
Thankskilling
Zombie Ass
John Dies at the End
Bad Milo!
A Haunted House
This Is the End
Warm Bodies
You're Next

Can somebody recommend me some horror/comedies from the 2000-2014 time range?
The Cabin in the Woods (2012) - Joss Whedon
Dog Soldiers (2002) - Neil Marshall
Excision (2012) - Richard Bates Jr
Planet Terror (2007) - Robert Rodriguez
Tucker & Dale vs Evil (2010) - Eli Craig
The Host (2006) - Bong Joon Ho (2 pointer!)
Jason X (2002) -James Isaac
Calvaire (2004) - Fabrice du Welz (2 pointer!)

I'm in. Don't think I'll win, but I'll have a go.

Hmm. I don't know. I am pretty lenient on this type of thing. Does anybody have any suggestions?
I'll probably just use Criticker's genres and if you think anything doesn't qualify just don't count it.

Damien: Omen II (1978) - Don Taylor
Disappointing sequel. Bad acting and a flimsy story that makes it play out like a slasher film where I was just waiting to see how they killed the next person.
+

Movies: 2

Let the night air cool you off
I'll probably just use Criticker's genres and if you think anything doesn't qualify just don't count it.
It won't really bother me what you consider horror or not, I'd probably only not count something if a bunch of forumites started chasing you around with pitchforks and torches for what you counted as horror.

sure i'll play. i probably won't do a ton, but i am anticipating watching a few giallos once i'm done with the HoF.
does Spring Breakers counts as an horror movie ?? it's really horrific if you know what I mean...

House Of Wax (2005) - Jaume Collet-Serra
- Bad movie but very funny especially when Paris Hilton got her head decapitated I give it a 2.5 just because of that .

Movies: 1

Lord High Filmquisitor
Sounds like my kind of challenge.

I started The Conjuring at midnight this morning. It really goes to show why BH Productions is the only real name in horror these days. The reuse the same talanted individuals when they find them and stick to tension and suspense for their means of terror.

8/10

Little Otik (2000; Jan Svankmajer) - Delectably weird piece of cinema from Svankmajer, whom I'm starting to love. It's listed as a comedy on IMDb, but I didn't really see anything funny about it. It just had an off-kilter atmosphere, which is the only explanation I can think of that it would be listed as such.

Well, I had a sync problem with Halloween 4 so I threw on Human Centipede. I just thought it had to be seen even though I knew how complete crap it would be.

Edit: Actually, this movie is dutch so that makes it foreign. Even though there's english in it, it's also with dutch, german and japanese spoken. So how do we decide when it counts as 2 points? The movies origin country or the foreign langauge spoken in 95% of the film????

A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) - Stephen Hopkins
Better than the fourth one but still bad.

I have been meaning to watch this soon since I just watched 4.

Well, I had a sync problem with Halloween 4 so I threw on Human Centipede. I just thought it had to be seen even though I knew how complete crap it would be.

Edit: Actually, this movie is dutch so that makes it foreign. Even though there's english in it, it's also with dutch, german and japanese spoken. So how do we decide when it counts as 2 points? The movies origin country or the foreign langauge spoken in 95% of the film????

Is the film mainly in English or other languages?

The Tenant (1976) - Roman Polanski
Has lots of good qualities but unfortunately the bad acting (and dubbing), particularly with many of the support actors as well as Polanski himself, was quite distracting. It was decent but the worst of the trilogy IMO.

Movies: 3