Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves

Tools    

Captain of #yoloswag
For me, Skyfall was an absolute calamity - the only Bond movie I've turned off during the second viewing.

Everybody went on saying how good it was but in reality definitely meant how bad it was.
I think you're confused. Skyfall was easily the best Bond film to date. It's the only one (I've seen) where I wasn't starting to get fidgety halfway through.

I think you're confused. Skyfall was easily the best Bond film to date. It's the only one (I've seen) where I wasn't starting to get fidgety halfway through.
Better than Dr No, From Russia With Love and Goldfinger which other Bond fans always rave about?

Skyfall is definitly a good one, but not the best Bond.

I don't really like Raging Bull. I'm not saying it's bad, but i've seen it once and it was enough. Same for Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator

On the outside looking in.
Better than Dr No, From Russia With Love and Goldfinger which other Bond fans always rave about?

SKYFALL's a great movie, but it doesn't always play like a great Bond movie (M the principal "Bond girl?!"). Still, there's no denying that it has the best Bond villain in years (perhaps ever) and the stakes are high and very real. I'll take it over DR. NO any day, but FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE remains the best Bond movie -- that one's a great movie, period.

Pretty much anything starring Adam Sandler, and Avatar.

The hype Avatar got was kind of bewildering. I mean it wasn't BAD, I guess? But it really wasn't a satisfying movie at all.

Oh well.

Finished here. It's been fun.
To the person who posted The Seventh Seal. I kind of agree. I get what the film is and the existential questions it asks, but it doesn't do it thoroughly enough to truly be thought provoking in my eyes. It's a fine film, and i get that it's influential but I do feel it is overrated sadly.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, The Seventh Seal tackles some heady questions while also being a very dark comedy about them. It's deceptively complex and looks gorgeous.

Captain of #yoloswag
I think so. But I also tend to not like older movies. I'm kind of a cheap sucker for modern effects and style. So, my opinion is kind of "flawed" in that way.

Well Seventh is not something that i "hate". But its just a movie i dont like.

Really hate, Conversation!

On top of that i had a bad habit of drinking while watching a movie. Sometime these high intellectual films go over the top of the head at first watch! Because most of the time, during the end, I would be seeing two!

Skyfall for me was like sky falling on my head. It was appalling! I am not a very big bond fan anyways. But Skyfall, was waste of my $10. When the movie was over, i thought 3 Heinikens would have given be better feeling than this!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think so. But I also tend to not like older movies. I'm kind of a cheap sucker for modern effects and style. So, my opinion is kind of "flawed" in that way.
Agree that your opinion is flawed.

agree that your opinion is flawed.
+1.

I don't HATE any of these, and a few I think are okay, but I believe they're all overrated at least.

Back to the Future
The Warriors
Aliens
Mad Max
Vertigo (did like it but didn't love, want to rewatch though)
The Seventh Seal
Temple of Doom
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Silence of the Lambs
The Matrix
Titanic
Mulholland Drive
The Avengers
Nashville
Once Upon a Time in the West
Easy Rider

Which ones do you agree with, out of interest?
If you're talking overrated.

Aliens
Mad Max
Temple of Doom
Silence of the Lambs
The Matrix
Nashville

I like Silence of the Lambs, but it's horribly overrated, IMO, but nothing like as overrated as Vertigo, which is meh at best. Of the rest, I thought The Matrix was all right. The first half an hour was a bit dull but it's OK, but was stunned at how everyone (and it really did feel like everyone att, old, young, male, female, made no difference) absolutely loved it

The others range from bored/didn't finish (such as Temple Of Doom) or downright crap aka Aliens.

Most of those are great films. You don't like Aliens?

I would agree with Mad Max (it wasn't really much more than a low budget revenge film with a cool car). The other 2 Mad Max films however are legend.

I would agree with the second Lord of the Rings, I nearly fell asleep during that one. I liked the first one, but disliked the second, so never watched the third.

I would agree with Mad Max (it wasn't really much more than a low budget revenge film with a cool car). The other 2 Mad Max films however are legend. also crap.
Just fixed that pesky typo you made, Citizen.

If you're talking overrated.

Aliens
Mad Max
Temple of Doom
Silence of the Lambs
The Matrix
Nashville

I like Silence of the Lambs, but it's horribly overrated, IMO, but nothing like as overrated as Vertigo, which is meh at best. Of the rest, I thought The Matrix was all right. The first half an hour was a bit dull but it's OK, but was stunned at how everyone (and it really did feel like everyone att, old, young, male, female, made no difference) absolutely loved it

The others range from bored/didn't finish (such as Temple Of Doom) or downright crap aka Aliens.
Interesting. Yeah, I like Silence of the Lambs too, but it's no masterpiece. The ending really pissed me off too, it was so manipulative.
Most of those are great films. You don't like Aliens?

I would agree with Mad Max (it wasn't really much more than a low budget revenge film with a cool car). The other 2 Mad Max films however are legend.

I would agree with the second Lord of the Rings, I nearly fell asleep during that one. I liked the first one, but disliked the second, so never watched the third.
I do not like Aliens, no. It pissed all over the concept of the masterful Alien, and even as a standalone action movie I think it's dumb and ott.

Haven't watched Mad Max 2 or 3 yet, but I want to.