Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

If nobody cares that the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer will be here next week, does anyone at least care about the Star Wars Celebration happening live in exactly 5 minutes?

A system of cells interlinked
Yes!

I just told my buddy at work, even if they jack up the story this film is going to look great. I get more excited with everything I see and believe it or not I was a bit tepid at first.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I dunno, I've got Indy 4 fears now. Or at least, seeing Harrison there reminds me of the hills they have to climb to match the decades of hype. I'm sure JJ will do a good job, and there have been some heartening touches in both vids (love the use of the crashed star cruiser in this one), and the posited return-to-old-school stylings & techniques is all cool. I.... just fear a Shia LeBouef / Old Man Lucas brand of ****-uppery. Time will tell

We've gone on holiday by mistake
OMGOMGOMG!!!!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I dunno, I've got Indy 4 fears now. Or at least, seeing Harrison there reminds me of the hills they have to climb to match the decades of hype. I'm sure JJ will do a good job, and there have been some heartening touches in both vids (love the use of the crashed star cruiser in this one), and the posited return-to-old-school stylings & techniques is all cool. I.... just fear a Shia LeBouef / Old Man Lucas brand of ****-uppery. Time will tell
Love the use of an actual man in a suit for Chewbacca, not some stupid ****ing CGI wookie.

I hope there's a lot of Luke, Leia and Han in all of these three films. I'm not convinced the new characters are gonna sell. Just a feeling.

In the Beginning...
Yeah, I'm pumped. It's good to see Han and Chewie back. I really like the direction so far. A good mix of updated designs and CGI tempered with a very familiar Star Wars polish. I think J.J. is on the right track.

Obviously I'm trying to stay grounded because I remember being pretty excited about the prequels too. But I can honestly say that when I walk into the theater to see this movie, I'm going to be a kid again. I want to view the new film with that set of eyes, as free of criticism as I can manage. I just want a fun experience.

I hope there's a lot of Luke, Leia and Han in all of these three films. I'm not convinced the new characters are gonna sell. Just a feeling.
I hope there's a lot of Luke, Leia, and Han in all three films because it won't feel right without them. I do like the idea of the new characters, though. I think if J.J. cast them right (and Kasdan wrote them right), we'll feel a lot of the youthful charisma and chemistry of the original cast.