MoFo Turns 12, Enters Puberty

Tools    

Well, it's that day again. A grand day. A glorious day. BASTILLE DAY. Oh yeah. Wait. No. Not Bastille Day. Why do people even celebrate that French Revolution crap? Don't people know history? It's like the Che t-shirts all over again.

Ahem. Starting over: today is the 12th anniversary of the creation of Movie Forums. I know because it's the day I created this account. And because I still remember it.

Sometimes I just post a brief thank you to all the MoFos (thank you MoFos! Especially for not being mad when I call you MoFos!). Sometimes I post a "State of MoFo" address talking about what happened in the last year and what's going to happen next year. This time I'll split the difference:

1. Thanks, guys. Seriously.

2. This last year was a busy one in lots of non-MoFo ways, and one in which I've laid the groundwork for a lot of fun stuff. I've learned a lot more about various aspects of web development, too, making lots of stuff possible that previously wasn't. And a handful of you did some really tremendous volunteer work with the disc collection database, too, which is a long-term project, but part of which actually will be able to be used in existing sections long beforehand.

In the next year you can expect a couple of existing sections to be revamped, and at least one new section. A lot of the site--the Lists, the User Reviews, etc.--are good ideas reasonably well executed, but which could reach new levels if given the right new features. A good chunk of these features are already done, even. So stay tuned.

3. You can expect a big upgrade to the forum software. The change might even freak some of you out a bit at first, given how familiar this setup probably is by now. But it'll be a much cleaner, more modern setup, and I'll work hard to make sure it still has those little touches and feels like MoFo.

That's it for now.

Princess of Power
Congratulations on reaching twelve years old.

I remember what a trip it was the day you changed to this current form of the board. Should be very cool to see the new update. I hope this time around it won't keep you up until 3 or 4 in the morning again.

Anyone remember when Movie Forums used to have an orange color scheme?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Thanks for everything, Chris! I would have liked to help a bit more with some of your more recent projects, but you're doing very well just the same, I bet! I'm pretty sure that the site's voice and "gonads" (to quote General Custer in Little Big Man) have already dropped, so you're WAY PAST puberty, no matter what Dex says.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Anyone remember when Movie Forums used to have an orange color scheme?

Hahahha, I clicked on this to blow it up and I tried to scroll down thinking it was the actual site, two seconds later....

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's been a great time on here. The site is addicting, and I look forward to continued use of it. I've seen so many movies I wouldn't have even thought of viewing before I joined this site.

A system of cells interlinked
Looking forward to it!

I've enjoyed my time here, even though I've been absent as of lately. Thanks for everything you and the rest of the team do for us cinephiles! I think we should celebrate with a dance party!