Spiderman Trilogy

Tools    

Should they make a spiderman triolgy and if they did would you be for it or aganist it.

If they keep being successful I don't see while they would stop at only three. The only suggestion I'd have is not to let Joel Schumacher anywhere near the franchise.

But it wouldn't be a trilogy in the sense of one continuous story anyway. Of course like the comic books, the stories are purposefully and inherently episodic.

Down the road if they want to get a bit darker, I'd love to see an adaptation of one of my favorite stories from the comic books: the Kraven's Last Hunt stroyline. It's like Spidey's Dark Knight Returns. Well, not THAT good, but a very well-written and dark story. Waaaaay too dark for what I'm sure they hope to keep a kid-friendly franchise (no Batman Returns missteps), but a terrific story just the same.

But part of what made that time period in the Spidey chronology so cool for me, at least graphically, was it was part of the black costume phase. That could be a fun thing to examine on the big screen, but since reproducing Secret Wars is extremely unlikely - damn near impossible, they'd have to find another way for the suit to be found. And the whole space alien thing may be too "comic booky" anyway. But that could all eventually lead to Venom, and that would be a terrific villain, and one that could be easily realized thanks to CGI advancements.

Whoops! I think my geekiness is showing - just a bit. Can you tell I used to collect comic books like I now collect DVDs/LDs, and can you tell what years this took place?!? Geesh, what a frippin' nerd I is.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The only suggestion I'd have is not to let Joel Schumacher anywhere near the franchise.
What'd you think of Tigerland?

And don't worry Holden. I think nerds and geeks are great. Never been a fan of comic books, although a long time ago whenever we went to the beach town twenty minutes away from here I spent a few bucks on one of those kiddy comic books; I'm talking Casper and Richie Rich and Wendy the Ghost. I read a few Woody Woodpecker comics when I was real little and then a heap of Riverdale-styled Archie comics when I was about ten. That's my only experience. But the DVD thing I can understand, especially if someone has a steady source of income, I can see how thirty dollars could so easily get misplaced and spent on DVDs each paycheck. Although I've started to become much more technical in my money spending exploits; I need cash to make technically able films. But yeah. I'm all for collectors and collections.

Hoorah!

The Future Ed Wood
i used to start collecting comics when i was young but gave u as there is so many series for each comic

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

I have thousands of comic books, around 3,300 if I remember correctly. Been a while since I sat and catalogued them all - it's an all-day process. So they're just sitting in their protective plastic covers, mylar for the really valuable ones.

And I thought Tigerland (2000) was pretty average - though for a Joel Schumacher movie, that's postively a ringing endorsement. Not a bad movie, but not a good one either. Eh.

I understand Holden, I've been collecting sports cards for about 10 years. Best card: 86-87 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card, $850/$1,000
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I collect comics and I am not ashamed of it at all! Comics are a truly American artform! We should all worship at the feet of Stan Lee! Nothing I own is worth any money, but I buy them to read 'em anyway.... As for Spider-Man 2 and 3? Bring em on! I want to see Dr. Octopus on the big screen so bad....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Truly American artform?!

What, like they don't make comic book everywhere else in the world?

Zuh?!

I would actually be 100% 'For' the Spiderman trillogy, I loved the first film and I would probably go and see the second and third one a few times over. Even though it's pretty sterotypical plots it's the feeling I get when I leave the Oatmill Cinema of being a little boy once again.

How was that for spelling and punctuation Hero?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Truly American artform?!

What, like they don't make comic book everywhere else in the world?

Zuh?!
I just meant that Comic Books were INVENTED in this country. It's a well documented fact. (the very first comic book ever produced was Famous Funnies, and it was published in the U.S.) I'm not trying to say other countries DON'T make comics. They obviously do. and some of them are better than our comics, and they sell better over in other countries too.

The Silver Bullet rides muttering into the night, "No fight, no reason for awareness". Far off in the distance, as he rides over the hill under the amber glow of sunset, the sounds of tears falling on the leaves underfoot. Sandness and misery his only friends, he awaits a time of bliss, when the next argument can be fought. Until then, he is a shadow. Lurking in the murky depths of our troubled consciences. Alas Sb, alas.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I'm sure Slaytan doesn't want your support.

Why do you say that? Because I was disgruntled by his inappropriate questions to young Gracie in another thread?

That and because he's Naisy in general. And I wanted to put him in his place. And because it was funny. To me.

And even if what I said had no contextual relevance to the thread, he knows I'm kidding.

[size=1]EDIT: I ADDED THE LETTER M.