FAVORITE Stephen King Movie

Tools    

The Shawshank Redemption, no contest.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

stand by me
the most favorite one!

Shawshank Redemption & Misery

There have been some great ones. My favorites are The Shining, It, Stand by Me and Misery.

the shining has become a classic.

The Shining, hands down

The Mist
Frank Darabont, 2007

The Shawshank Redemption
Frank Darabont, 1994

My favorite Stephen King adaption, the only of his within my Top 10, is:

The Shawshank Redemption.

Christine and The Mist would then comprise of my three favorite King movies.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Anarchist within reason
Storm of The Century I saw it on t.v a few months ago it was in two parts, pretty creepy,

Green Mile

The Stand
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Top 3.

1. The Shining

2. The Mist

3. Misery

I wouldnt say I was a fan of King's written work. But when movies based upon his writing is done well they are great. But as we all know 9 times out of 10 films based of Stephen Kings works are terrible.

A system of cells interlinked
The Shining (Kubrick, 1980)

Hands down the best flick King has ever been associated with. None of King's other adaptations come close, IMO. All the performances are fantastic, and the direction is superb.

Arugh - hard call.

1. Shawshank
2. Misery
3. Green Mile (that was a King book right?)
4. Stand By Me
5. Pet Semetary

The Mist just annoyed me on too many levels. Yep, three posts and going against the grain already - sorry!

Anarchist within reason
A little off topic but has King ever considered The Dark Tower series to be made into movies, just thought he'd maybe be interested seeing the success of Lord of The Rings

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Pet Cemetary
Christine

I'm hesitant to lump The Mist in with those, but I will say that I need to see it again, very soon.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

the secret window awsome movie

The shining as well

The Mist
The Shawshank Redemption
The Shining
The Green Mile