Greatest TV Shows of All Time

Tools    

3rd Rock From The Sun.........and SNL.......

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Here is couple of my favourite tv-shows that i can remember right now:

Seinfeld, 3rd Rock, X-Files, The King of Queens, Everybody loves Raymond, Sopranos and of course Knight Rider and McGyver = were both awesome series when i was younger.

IŽll write more when i remember some other series.

Ciao,
Tommi

Monty Python's Flying Circus, Northern Exposure, X-Files... and glad to see someone liked Ren & Stimpy!

Put me in your pocket...
I thought I'd just re-activate this thread for some of the newer members comming in.

Fox...I loved Northern Exposure. I really liked Janine Turner in that role.

Slaybie...I also loved Coach. He and Christine made the show.

Nikki...with SNL...I'm going to miss Chris Kattan next year. No more Mango or Antonio Banderas.....

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Chris Kattan will be missed by me also...Tracy Morgan too...It's so sad to see them go...

some of my favorite shows...
1.Full House
2.SNL
3. 7th Heaven
4. The Monkees
5. Saved by the Bell
6. Bewitched (heck i was named after Samantha's sister)
7. Batman and Robin
8. Fraglerock
9. Gilligan's Island
10. Married with Children
11. The Simpsons

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

CSI
Stingers
Micallef Tonight
Simpsons
Monty Pythons Flying Circus
I Dream of Genie
Seinfield
Ally McBeal
Malcolm In The MIddle
Full House
X-files

Really I cant name them all without taking all day

My Fav. Shows

1. The Lucy Show
2. The SImpsons
3. M.A.S.H.
4. S.N.L.
5. Family Guy
6. Futurama
7. X-Files
8. 24
9. Greg the Bunny (why FOX why did you cancel this show!?)
10. Friends

I must become Caligari..!
Top 25

Batman
The Brittas Empire
Clerks:The Animated Series
Dawsons Creek
Diff'rent Strokes
ER
The Flintstones
Full Frontal
Happy Days
Jimeoin
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
M*A*S*H
Micallef Tonight
The Micallef Pogram (AKA. The Micallef Programme)
Monty Python's Flying Circus
MTV Unplugged
Not the Nine O'Clock News
Rugrats
Scooby Doo
Seinfeld
The Simpsons
The Sopranos
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Twin Peaks
The Young Ones
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Star Trek:The Next Generation
M.A.S.H
tHIRD rOCK FROM THE SUN
Taxi
Fraiser
Blackadder
The Young Ones
Bottom
Absolutely Fabulous
Red Dwarf
The Brittas Empire
Briscoe County Junior
The X FiLES
Millenium
Poletergeist the Legacy
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Jackass
Wildboyz
Queer Eye For the Straight Guy
Queer as Folk

My Top Twenty-Five Of All Time:

1. Cheers
2. Sienfeld
3. 60 Minutes
4. The Honeymooners
5. All in the Family
6. Sanford and Son
7. The Simpsons
8. Law & Order
9. The Bob Newhart Show
10. Newhart
11. Barney Miller
12. ER
13. The X-Files
14. Taxi
15. Northern Exposure
16. The Cosby Show
17. The Outer Limits
18. Coach
19. The Dick Van Dyke Show
20. Saturday Night Live
21. South Park
22. The Sopranos
23. Everybody Loves Raymond
24. The Carol Burnett Show
25. The Tonight show with Johnny Carson
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Bruce Campbell Groupie
I forgot Saturday Night Live, plus Letterman and Twin Peaks.

A system of cells interlinked
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: I hated this show for years until I actually started paying attention. VERY tightly written and funny as they come.

X-Files: Smart, creepy, and well played. If it hadn't got bogged down in a multi-season story arc it would stand as the best sci-fi series to date in my mind.

24: Shot like a movie, intricate storylines, complex design. I can't say enough good things about this program.

Twin Peaks: It is Lynch, enough said.

I am leaving out the cable network stuff, as it's hard to compare a show with so many freedoms to a prime network show working under massive content restrictions....

Star Trek gets honorable mention, but just missed the best ever cut for writing and stability issues...

Inspired by Sedai I am going to comment on each of my choices. I have replied to a similar thread before so I will probably repeat some of my choices from there.

'Monkey'

I haven't seen this series with the original Japanese voices but I adore the dubbed one. Incredibly, rip-roaring fight scenes, hilarious 'flying scenes' , entertaining actors, wonderful characters and all loosely based on Japanese mythology. Mustn't forget the music or moralistic tale at the end. I love it so much I may do a seperate thread for it.

'Six Feet Under'

What I love about this is the unconvential characters and situations. The very dark humour, despite the actual seriousness of the subject matter really works. The acting is excellant and there is a real depth that even encorporates the 'dead' characters. It grabs its issues by the b*lls and slaps on the wit and angst without drowning away in insipidness and fakery.

'Quantum Leap'

The connection between the two main characters, Sam Becket and Al Calavicci, is what really made this series so addictive to watch. The interaction is sublime and cosying and regardless of what 'leap' sam has to do next you can be sure of the dynamics of those two working together. It was an intelligant series that delved into moralistic and parodoxical tales that added such depth of personality. It left itself open to many possibilities but kept those two characters as the main source of certainty. I love it in that it is sublime, sad, happy, angry, adventerous, dark, light, insightful and many other things besides. A true show that really can give you every plot and make it seem great every time. A true work of art.

'The Young Ones'

Onto the anarchic brit show. Another genius series that did not fail to entertain. A bunch of likeable misfits in misfit plots. Not that deep but then again this show would be, I guess boring, if it had a predictable hard-core plot. Where would be the fun? The insanity, imaginary and ludicrous plots make this show what it is, a comedy master of punk and oddity. 'SPG' the hamster was the star whenever it was on screen, , and I loved that scottish accent they gave him. It may have been short but that I believe is a good reason, it gives it that real cult feel, ney, classic feel. Anarchy rules, O.k?

'BlackAdder'

What list of best Television series list is complete without the glorious 'BlackAdder'. Rowan Atkinson regardless of any other roles will forever be icongraphed as that sullen, sarky, sod. A little like Quantum Leap with its changing scenary between each series it can encompass quite a deal within its compounds of varying era's. Each new season and era is like the show starting over again and still remaining fresh and vibrant. Blackadder is a genius creation, not forgetting the only ever just for Tony Robinson character Badric. Not to mention the other incarnation of characters. It was well written and funny with bar none comic timing. The end of each season, particulary the last, was a beautiful and sad and so final, emotionally giving experience. I can not think of a more perfect ending with the going over the bunker scene at the very last. That for me will always be the greatest tv moment ever. A series that relies on omedy to end on such a sad and poigent moment is rae indeed.

'Monty Python's Flying Circus'

Sketch shows don't come more influential then this. Slapstick and silliness done to great effect. The animated parts supplied by the imagination of Terry Gilliam were skewed and wonderfully wierd. Terry Gilliam who I believe has also become one of the few original directors around of late. 'Parrot Sketch', 'Lumberjack song', 'silly walk', long lasting impressions from all of them.

'Red Dwarf'

Again I am including another british show. It may not have had the best sets in the world but like I have stated for the inclusion of others on my list it is down to the character interaction that really show sthe wonders of this show. It may have lost it's way in the last couple of seasons but from before that, the characterisation was an absolutely intergral part, without it I don't think it would have such an impact on me. They lost that when they chose, or rather through film commitments by Chris Barrie, to change the setting vastly and loose a boundary that they really bounced across. However from its central seasons you have that wonderous comedy and personalities that gives it a special place in my heart.

I'm running out of steam so I am going to quickly gloss over these.

'The Simpsons'

Family life with witty, great and interesting stories. The characters especially the 'Simpsons' are a work of a genius.

'Cheers'

Great show, great people, great comedy. Who would realise how much comedy and plot you can get in practically just one set?

'Frasier'

The follow up to 'Cheers' to me is fresher and more inviting. Smart, witty and entertaining. Once again a question. How did they manage to get a minor character in another series to be so darn good in one of his own?

I'm sticking to a top ten, but in no particular order.

I could have included 'Buffy' or 'Angel' but despite how entertaining and watchable these two shows are they do not quite compare to the classics, well not until they get a bit of shelf life in them at least, even then, brilliant shows but not quite brilliant enough.

Chalk Full of Vitamin B
1. Quantum Leap
2. Family Guy
3. Nip/Tuck
4. In Living Color
5. Biography (on A&E)

Nip/Tuck, simpsons, wonder years, star trek, Mad TV, SNL, South Park, Smallville, Law & Order, Family Guy, Sex and the city, M*A*S*H, Seinfeld, All in the Family, Monty Python, Late Night, I'll be back to name more...Lately I've been watching Star Trek alot, I LOVE spocks ears, and how he shows no strong emotion, except for the one time when he needed to go back to vulcan and take a wife he was mad at everyone, that was great.......i'm not a trekkie! ::runs off to a sci-fi convention::

Hi
Happy Days by far..

Seinfeld, The Drew Carey Show, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Cheers and Full House... yes, Full House was a great show... go ahead, mock me.

Oh yeah, Conan and Leno.

Seinfeld
ER
The X-Files
The Family Guy
The Simpsons
Friends
Mash
Cheers
Saturday Night Live
Cosby Show
Quantum Leap
The Sopranos
Dead Like Me
Law and Order
CSI
CSI:Miami
Everybody Loves Raymond
Nowhere Man
Eerie, Indiana
I Love Lucy
Cop Rock (Just Kidding)

1)all in the family
2)the sopranos
3)sanford and son
4)friends
5)the shield
6)vh1 behind the music
7)inside the actors studio
8)cheers

pretty much those are my favs in order of how i like them,those are pretty much the only shows i've watched regularly.