The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Dragon Age Origin was a great game.

Let the night air cool you off
One of the best traditional rpgs ever made, sez me.

I've played through it multiple times with different character classes and difficulties/mods and had a blast each time. It's a shame that the two subsequent games in the franchise haven't been anywhere near as good.
Dragon Age Origin was a great game.

Sounds like money well spent. Thanks, guys.

there's a frog in my snake oil
So like a diligent obsessive I've compiled a load of Mad Max first impressions from Redditors who got it early.

Worst grades have been 7/10, with the odd 'amazing!!!' at the other end. Averaging around a 7.5/8 kinda grade so far. Looks like it's probably what I hoped: A solid open-worlder with good vibe, average story, competent gameplay, and enough make-your-own-fun potential for those so inclined

The People's Republic of Clogher
Bought Party Hard a few days ago. It's obviously going for a slice of the Hotline Miami money but I've not taken to it at all.

That guy needs a stern talking to.

Which has got the square root of bugger all to do with me saying that physical media on PC was dead...
Actually it has everything to do with what you said, since the last PC game I played (hence Sanitarium) which was on 'physical media', for me it means that physical media on PC is dead. Which basically is an agreement to your statement.

I last bought a PlayStation in 2002. I fear for their future viability.

Actually it has everything to do with what you said, since the last PC game I played (hence Sanitarium) which was on 'physical media', for me it means that physical media on PC is dead. Which basically is an agreement to your statement.
So you played something on physical media when physical media accounted for 95%+ of the market (ie: when it was at its height) and you take that to mean physical media on the platform 17 years later is dead?

I've not bought a guitar since 1998. Are they dead too?

I really don't know how your head works.

So help me golg, I bought Mad Max!

£21 on GMG, decent price, although with what else is coming out on Monday (and what's in October) I'll probably get round to it in early December. Pre-loading now.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
So you played something on physical media when physical media accounted for 95%+ of the market (ie: when it was at its height) and you take that to mean physical media on the platform 17 years later is dead?
It has been dead for me. That's the point.

I've not bought a guitar since 1998. Are they dead too?
One thing has nothing to do with the other....unless you not buying or playing a guitar since '98 makes it a dead option for you.

I really don't know how your head works.
Not my problem.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I wish you could make it to Seattle golgo.

http://jalopnik.com/mad-max-ubers-ar...tle-1727443290

If you live in Seattle and you need a ride to Valhalla, you’re in luck. The driver-on-demand app Uber is running a promotion with the new Mad Max video game that puts passengers inside post-apocalyptic-inspired vehicles.

Seattle’s gaming convention PAX Prime will play host to the Mad Max Ubers, so if you’re looking to catch a Warboy, head to the Seattle Convention Center. According to the press release from Uber:
  • Open the Uber app in downtown Seattle and request MAD MAX.
  • Demand will be high and availability is limited, but if your timing is right, a Warboy will swoop you up in a car ripped from the world of the Mad Max video game and brought to life on the streets of our fair city!
  • Cars vary in size. Your Warboy will let you know how many riders (1, 3, or 4) he can keep safe from marauders.
  • Trips must begin and stay within downtown Seattle. The Wasteland is vast and gas is precious—the Warboys must remain near their Stronghold.
  • Your dollars are worthless in the Wasteland. Payment shall not be required.
If you got to take a ride in one of these über-Ubers, leave your story or photo in the comments! And please don’t put spray paint in your mouth. That’s very dangerous.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

If you "White Wolfs" didn't hear this one before, I think its pretty good.

So help me golg, I bought Mad Max!

£21 on GMG, decent price, although with what else is coming out on Monday (and what's in October) I'll probably get round to it in early December. Pre-loading now.
Haha It's just too tempting at that price innit

Signs are that it's just one giant fetch quest, but hopefully the vibe is worth the entry price!

I will report in from the wastelands later tonight

Haha, dammit, another reason I'd like to be there

Battlefront really need to up their game and get some working speeder bikes

I will man up and call bullsnot on myself. Gonna end up keeping AK past tomorrow in order to finish these challenges. Why? I've already spent too much time chasing ?s, just to trade it in before getting a chance to punch the Riddler in the jaw.

Haha It's just too tempting at that price innit

Signs are that it's just one giant fetch quest, but hopefully the vibe is worth the entry price!

I will report in from the wastelands later tonight
Didn't realise it's made by the Just Cause devs. My reservations about the PC port have receded - Those guys are generally pretty good.

Phantom Pain's serial is now linked to my account but it won't even pre-load yet (unlike Mad Max) so I'm not super hopeful about getting to play it today.

Didn't realise it's made by the Just Cause devs. My reservations about the PC port have receded - Those guys are generally pretty good.

Phantom Pain's serial is now linked to my account but it won't even pre-load yet (unlike Mad Max) so I'm not super hopeful about getting to play it today.
Yep that's been a main selling point for me. Plus having played JC2 so recently I can't really get excited for 3, but I love me a bit of Mad Max so the pieces fit.

PC might actually be the only way to play this one at the moment... lots of reports of horrible frames in crowded areas from both Xbone & P3 users coming in... (Haven't seen any PC early playthroughs yet though)

Nvidia driver just went live today incidentally - aimed at MGS & Mad Max. I'll get all port-reporty later

Deus Ex and Uncharted release within a month of each other.

In other news...that MGS microstrans pricelist.

WTH am I saying, people donate to twitch streams. At least you will get some value from the $80 you give to Konami.

One more from Konami while it's hot. PCMR responsible for summer vacation being cancelled.

MGS 5 is coming in at a pretty reasonable 20GB (5 less than Mad Max). Shouldn't be too surprised, I suppose, as Ground Zeroes was only 2 or 3 gigs.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Getting better at Dark Souls, still hard as ****. I'm at that point when you can get cursed by frogs, most intense part of the game for me.