THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

I loved LOST. Those first 3 seasons were a true pleasure, but then they started "doing stuff". At first I was intrigued, and then halfway thru season 5 I realized they had no idea what the answers were, but just making new questions to keep the buzz on the show high. It was all sizzle and no steak. The actor that played Echo asked to be written off because he knew they were just "doing stuff". The finale proved it by enlightening us on nothing. Anyway those first 3 seasons were great, but I felt cheated afterward. The dumbassed creators that ruined LOST made that gawdawful Under The Dome. Oh, now that show was pure ass.

Sure i know what the show was like .. a new mystery every 5 minutes to distract people that there is never any closure on the old mysteries.

It's the ponzi scheme of television shows.
Whether that is true or not what you are doing is absurd. It is the equivalent of me reading a critics negative review of a popular movie and using that as my argument against it even though i only watched the first five minutes.

How could you tell it had no cohesive, thought out story from one episode? You really couldn't and you know you couldn't, you read everyone else say that and came to a decision that must be how it is. .

I did like "the ponzi scheme of television shows" though

I loved LOST. Those first 3 seasons were a true pleasure, but then they started "doing stuff". At first I was intrigued, and then halfway thru season 5 I realized they had no idea what the answers were, but just making new questions to keep the buzz on the show high. It was all sizzle and no steak. The actor that played Echo asked to be written off because he knew they were just "doing stuff". The finale proved it by enlightening us on nothing. Anyway those first 3 seasons were great, but I felt cheated afterward. The dumbassed creators that ruined LOST made that gawdawful Under The Dome. Oh, now that show was pure ass.
That is all fine if it is coming from someone who has actually watched more than one episode. If you read my entry for it in my top tv shows, i said as much. Still Foster is being ridiculous and doesn't have a valid opinion on the show at all since he hasn't seen 99.9% of it.

Whether that is true or not what you are doing is absurd. It is the equivalent of me reading a critics negative review of a popular movie and using that as my argument against it even though i only watched the first five minutes.

How could you tell it had no cohesive, thought out story from one episode? You really couldn't and you know you couldn't, you read everyone else say that and came to a decision that must be how it is. .

I did like "the ponzi scheme of television shows" though
Sometimes I don't always finish a movie and I'll rate it.
It happens, not often but it happens.

Hunger games is one example. I saw enough to know.
I gave lost a shot. I saw more than one episode. The pilot was great, I know i saw the second and some parts of other episodes but it was enough to make up my mind.

Partly informed by what others are saying yeah but I have also seen it for myself and I keep my own council. I'm not a parrot. If everyone kept saying how satisfying the finale was that would inform me a different way, I'm not an ostrich either I don't bury my head in the sand.

You said you watched one or two episodes, i'm inclined to believe that was true rather than you now saying you've seen more to give some more weight to your argument. It's pretty clear that 99% of your opinion is not actually your opinion but just something you heard and decided was true, no need to backtrack now.

You said you watched one or two episodes, i'm inclined to believe that was true rather than you now saying you've seen more to give some more weight to your argument. It's pretty clear that 99% of your opinion is not actually your opinion but just something you heard and decided was true, no need to backtrack now.
Story hasn't changed. That I saw the first two episodes.
I've seen parts of others but IDK why that is hard to accept - you've never heard of channel surfing?

Lets see.. there was some like polar bear or something.. and the lottery dude found a manhole cover. IDK I didn't see a lot but it was obvious to me what the show was.

I go with my gut sometimes, I have a very powerful third eye chakra and sometimes I know things. One time I dreamed about someone before I met them.

I made up those last couple parts.

The first two episodes are about the aftermath of the crash, there is zero way you could have came to those prophetic conclusions from that alone. Again you clearly based your opinion entirely on what others said.

i must have seen more than i remember then. it was a long time ago and i didn't want to make unreal claims about how much i've seen so i mightve downplayed it a bit

I can't stop thinking about Crimson Peak in all its gloriousness. Man, what a stunning film. Lucille might be one of my favorite cinematic villains now.

My friend is away seeing Grimes right now, so I'm going to kick his ass when he returns.

*Bites lip* I'm not going to go there. I'm not going to go there.
I really want to go to a concert, but I'm broke. I want to see Mudcrutch.

I'm debating on possibly going to see a stage musical - a first for me. Hedwig goes on tour soon, with shows in San Francisco in October. I don't know if my love of the movie will translate to a love of the show, though.

*Bites lip* I'm not going to go there. I'm not going to go there.
To be honest I was waiting for your response, and you totally delivered.

I listened to the song you posted in the What are you listening to while Mofoing it thread.
Yeah... No. Just no. That voice. I just can't.