MoFo Lists

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I just changed some of my Top Ten, if you click on all of them, you will see something unique

It looks like they're all movies that you're the only one who has them in your top ten. Some of those movies surprised me that more people don't have them as favorites.

Surprised The Big Chill is a guilty pleasure, i thought that movie was pretty well thought of. I thought it was alright.

I thought about it, and maybe you're right. Maybe The Big Chill isn't really a "guilty pleasure" movie, so I removed it and added Love at First Bite instead.

Rodent I think your idea, how ever you want to do it could be fun. I'd check out your thread if you do it.

I may have misunderstood, but I think he wanted Yoda to do it as a MoFo list, not a normal thread.

Sorry, I guess I was totally confused. I thought Rodent was going to look at all of our profiles, compile a big list of all our top 10 favorites and then do a Countdown of them. Or maybe I just imaged that could happen and that's why I liked it

But if Yoda can do some automation that would be way cool too

Sorry, I guess I was totally confused. I thought Rodent was going to look at all of our profiles, compile a big list of all our top 10 favorites and then do a Countdown of them. Or maybe that's my idea and that's why I like it

You're welcome to do that if you have the time. (And the patience.)

Sorry, I guess I was totally confused. I thought Rodent was going to look at all of our profiles, compile a big list of all our top 10 favorites and then do a Countdown of them. Or maybe I just imaged that could happen and that's why I liked it

But if Yoda can do some automation that would be way cool too
Someone can't remember who now compiled all of the #1 movies in the Top 100/50, etc lists and started a countdown of it. Don't think he/she finished it though.

Care for some gopher?
I hope, it's the right thread for this:

There are the different spellings of My Neighbour Totoro. With the "u" in 80's Top 100 and without the "u" in Roger Ebert's and the Top Animated list.

Similar with Bride of Frankenstein: Without "the" in Ebert's and the Top Sci-fi list and with "the" in the Top Horror list.

Someone can't remember who now compiled all of the #1 movies in the Top 100/50, etc lists and started a countdown of it. Don't think he/she finished it though.
I remember that. Might have been Optimus.

From my understanding Yoda is going to revolutionize the way we think of and view lists on the forums.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

It's probably a mahoosive huge task, but would it be possible to get a function that compiles all of those thousands of movies in people's profiles, and have them in some sort of list based on ranking?
Whether or not it's a huge task depends on the specifics. If the ranking is just "here's the films listed the most," it's not only easy, it's something I've already written the code for. But we'd probably want to weight them based on each person's ranking, and we'd also definitely want to exclude films listed by inactive users, or users with very few posts (you get a lot of very young people who sign up, enter a bunch of recent mainstream films, and never really stick around).

All of these are doable though, yeah. Just need to get off my butt. What usually ends up happening is I do work in bits and then do the last 20% of half a dozen things at the same time, and they all go live together.