The Movie Forums Podcast - 6/12/09

Tools    

How do you get other people to talk on these podcasts, anyways? Do you like call the person or does the person get a microphone for their computer or something like that?

Very enjoyable indeed, it's always good to hear someone talk about something they love and have a genuine passion for (unless it's something really boring). Luckily Jaws isn't boring, it's bloody well entertaining. Good to put a voice to a face too, and Yoda asked some excellent questions.

Wow. That was terrific you two! I can't wait till the next one. Thanks for doing this.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
How do you get other people to talk on these podcasts, anyways? Do you like call the person or does the person get a microphone for their computer or something like that?
The way it's set up currently, Chris calls you and records everything over the phone. I used to do another podcast where I had to talk on a microphone and record it all using Audacity. Chris's method is simpler but he's still experimenting so things might change when it's your turn on the Podcast.

The way it's set up currently, Chris calls you and records everything over the phone. I used to do another podcast where I had to talk on a microphone and record it all using Audacity. Chris's method is simpler but he's still experimenting so things might change when it's your turn on the Podcast.
If I did it, it'd have to be before the summer's over.

Nice job, fellers.

"Boys, oh boys: I think he's come back for his
noon feeding. "
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Pfft, I guess there are no calls to Canada.

Audacity.....such a simple yet effective program.

Suspect's Reviews

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, this is weird, Chris....

I downloaded the podcast (MP3) and then dumped it into my iTunes folder. When I then made sure to add that subfolder to my iTunes library, the 35-minute podcast is there (in my music library, not podcasts, which is okay) ... BUT ....

iTunes gave it this title info:

"Battle Without Honor or Humanity"
Kill Bill, Vol. 1

Errrr ... so what's up with that? I can change the info, obviously ... but why did it get tagged this way? Did everyone's downloads get tagged by iTunes this way?

This keeps happening; that's the title of the music I use for part of the opening, and it seems to keep re-setting everything I do this. I suppose I forgot to re-label part of it.

That said, it'd be way easier to just subscribe with the iTunes link. It'll check for new podcasts automatically and do all the legwork for you.

Austruck, you must be so proud.

There really isn't an appropriate place here at Mofo to say it so i'll just say it here... you raised a hell of a kid.

*probably seems random but I just listened to the podcast again myself and I was proud of him

The Adventure Starts Here!
You should have seen him on TV when he was covering the election ... or on the radio cohosting a show about economics with a millionaire....

I can only take part of the credit, but I'll take that part.

He was in "school" for only one year (5th grade) and then he asked to be homeschooled again, so we took him out of school. After a few weeks into the new school year, the school principal called me and asked us to put Chris back in ... because he had singlehandedly upped their academic stats in several ways, including the district-wide spelling bee.

Thanks, Shemp. This is actually going to come back; the echo in my apartment was horrendous though and I had to manipulate the living daylights out of the resulting audio to get rid of it. I've just moved into a new place with fairly lower ceilings so I'm going to give it another go pretty soon.

I'm about to give them a listen.

Just finishing listening to the Destroy All Movies podcast.

and putting it on now.... *bobbing head to music*

oh I've missed this thread. Just listened to the last one with Chris and Mark. Grand stuff! Lovely to hear you both for real. Chris you sound so professional and Mark so enthusiastic - I love it when people get so animated about films, you guys are great! Hope to hear more soon.