Only Controversial Topics!!!

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No more controversial topics? One of my young nieces commented on this on fb by saying it was so sad. Got me a bit choked up.

https://www.facebook.com/midlandszon...4187356006776/

No more controversial topics? One of my young nieces commented on this on fb by saying it was so sad. Got me a bit choked up.

I've been a best man several times - at one wedding (which was in front of a justice of the peace) I was the best man and the "maid of honor" was also a man! The couple were a man & woman, but the bride chose a man as her maid of honor. (Luckily, I was not required to dance with him at the reception!)

One peculiar incident - I served at best man twice for the same couple. A friend married this girl from a So. American country (and the whole thing was fishy when he confided in me that she had told him "If you don't marry me, I'll find someone who will." and I warned him, which got him very angry at me at the time). Turned out she was already married in her country, so to avoid bigamy charges, she had to get divorced from her first husband and then re-marry my friend. (She later divorced him and took him for most of the money he'd inherited from a deceased relative - which she knew he had when they got engaged - she was a green-card getting golddigger).

At another wedding (a civil union actually since same-sex marriages weren't allowed in NJ at that time) I served as best man for two men.

Woah woah woah. Which state in USA? In my country an ex can't touch an inheritance, especially one acquired before wedlock. It's out of the running when marital assets are split.

Woah woah woah. Which state in USA? In my country an ex can't touch an inheritance, especially one acquired before wedlock. It's out of the running when marital assets are split.
In this case my friend inherited the money before he met the girl. They met (she found out he had money) and married. I don't know if they had to get annulled so she could get divorced from her first husband in So. America or what - I'm not sure how the legality of that worked. But at one point she was married to two men, in two different countries at the same time. When it was revealed she had a husband in S.A., she claimed she didn't "remember" that she was already married - even though she also had a child! (Bwah-ha-ha!)

For the life of me, I don't know why my friend didn't just walk away at that point.

So, their quick re-marriage ceremony made them legal. She stayed with him for about 8 months and had a divorce settlement with him where she took a large chunk of his money. This is what he told me, I don't know the details - maybe she arranged it all with him in a pre-nup. This was also in NJ.

Just shaking my head. Wrong. So wrong.

I watched the video all the way through and... this was a test and the guy failed.
If he had been the bigger person and given the hug, it would've changed everything. That's what his mom was looking for - the unconditional love on her sons part contained in a hug that she probably would have reciprocated with a new outlook on his lifestyle. It was so obvious, she just wanted the connection reestablished, then tears would've flowed and things would've started to work out.
Lesson: always be the bigger person and hug!

Here's a controversial topic I've never been able to understand.

Why are Native Americans still called Indians?
Why were they ever called Indians when that name was based entirely on a mistake - and one that was discovered not long (probably less than 2 years) after it was first made!

Yet, most Native Americans themselves don't seem to mind being called Indians! They're not from India! They are nothing remotely like Asian people from India! It's disrespectful to both groups to have allowed the mistake to perpetuate over the course of 500 years!

We've got all this PC pressure about what to call and not call people's ethnicities, yet everybody lets the stupid mistake slide of calling Native Americans "Indians"! People say using this word or that word is wrong, but this is literally "wrong!" It's inaccurate, it's based on a fallacy, it is misrepresentational.

I watched the video all the way through and... this was a test and the guy failed.
If he had been the bigger person and given the hug, it would've changed everything. That's what his mom was looking for - the unconditional love on her sons part contained in a hug that she probably would have reciprocated with a new outlook on his lifestyle. It was so obvious, she just wanted the connection reestablished, then tears would've flowed and things would've started to work out.
Lesson: always be the bigger person and hug!

I always think be the bigger person and hug as well but 1. noooooo that was gut wrenching and 2. no indication there of their relationship to start with. Clearly set up for fb/social media sensationalism but still, I thought it was pretty sad. He might have been a serial killer for all I know.

As for Indigenous americans being called Indians - I know, right.

I've got one!

Pineapple on pizza: yay or nay?
I've never had it, but I'd give it a try.
I've taken to putting horseradish sauce on pizza! (It's got to be the sauce, not ground up horseradish!)

I always call you guys white supremacists.

I think it's pretty clear that i'm the only one that's being direct. I've been told that i don't care about dead and whatever else.

I find it difficult to pretend something else, i'm regularly called a "snowflake", piece of ****, whatever. Someone who is killing Western Europe.

The only difference is that i'm absolutely direct in what i say: those members are just the worst.

Let the night air cool you off
Here's a controversial topic I've never been able to understand.

Why are Native Americans still called Indians?
Why were they ever called Indians when that name was based entirely on a mistake - and one that was discovered not long (probably less than 2 years) after it was first made!

Yet, most Native Americans themselves don't seem to mind being called Indians! They're not from India! They are nothing remotely like Asian people from India! It's disrespectful to both groups to have allowed the mistake to perpetuate over the course of 500 years!

We've got all this PC pressure about what to call and not call people's ethnicities, yet everybody lets the stupid mistake slide of calling Native Americans "Indians"! People say using this word or that word is wrong, but this is literally "wrong!" It's inaccurate, it's based on a fallacy, it is misrepresentational.
I live in Oklahoma, I go to school in Oklahoma, and one of my classes last semester was titled "History of the American Indian". We had a whole class period discussing why that was the title of the class, but there were never any answers.

I always call you guys white supremacists.

I think it's pretty clear that i'm the only one that's being direct. I've been told that i don't care about dead and whatever else.

I find it difficult to pretend something else, i'm regularly called a "snowflake", piece of ****, whatever. Someone who is killing Western Europe.

The only difference is that i'm absolutely direct in what i say: those members are just the worst.
I'm white!

You "don't care about dead and whatever else"? Dead what? Being dead, dead poets, dead pets in the pet cemetery, Dead Presidents???

Stop killing Western Europe or you may end up the title of Bill O'Reilly's next book!