Who thinks Peter Jackson is a good Director?

Tools    

I like most of the films he has directed. What our your opinions on him?

A few movies directed by him:

Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
King Kong
The Lovely Bones

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The Lord of the Ring's trilogy is tremendous, Peter Jackson directed them, therefore, Peter Jackson is a good director.

The greatness of the LoRGs movies were more thanks to Tolkien's story than Jackson's directing. Anyway, he is a good director.
Agreed. Though he did do a good job on bringing the trilogy onto the big screen (even though I didnt particularly enjoy them) They were well made.

There are only very few films directed by him that I can hand on heart say I really enjoy.

Heavenly Creatures
King Kong

And although im not its biggest fan and Jackson didnt direct, he did produce District 9.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
He is a great director

Braindead is freaking awesome

Not great but a decent director. I prefer his earlier and less 'epic' films. To tell you the truth, I'm absolutely bored stiff with Lord of the Rings now. I saw the first three at the cinema, enjoyed them at the time but for some reason I've gone totally off the films over the years and will probably feel the same when I see The Hobbit.

As for the earlier films/less epic films, can still watch them fine and dandy.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Lord of the Ring's trilogy is tremendous, Peter Jackson directed them, therefore, Peter Jackson is a good director.
The original Star Wars trilogy is tremendous, George Lucas directed the first Part (Exec Prod on ESB and ROTJ), therefore George Lucas is a good director.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
gratias vobis ago

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
He did a very good job of the LotR trilogy, but then what kind of director would make a bad film with that much money? Ahem.

Reviews

He did a very good job of the LotR trilogy, but then what kind of director would make a bad film with that much money? Ahem.
This is a good point. He had a lot of money, but so have a lot of directors who have used it to make terrible movies. It does go back to the idea that the source material is what mattered with LotR but I personally think he proved his directing chops with Heavenly Creatures, anyway.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
This is a good point. He had a lot of money, but so have a lot of directors who have used it to make terrible movies. It does go back to the idea that the source material is what mattered with LotR but I personally think he proved his directing chops with Heavenly Creatures, anyway.
I do agree. I think Peter Jackson is good, not yet great because his output is so hit-or-miss.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Not great but a decent director. I prefer his earlier and less 'epic' films. To tell you the truth, I'm absolutely bored stiff with Lord of the Rings now. I saw the first three at the cinema, enjoyed them at the time but for some reason I've gone totally of the films over the years and will probably feel the same when I see The Hobbit.

As for the earlier films/less epic films, can still watch them fine and dandy.
This. And I was bored when I watched The Hobbit.

On the other hand, I like The Lovely Bones and not a lot of people do.

Actually, the scale and size of Jackson's LOTR trilogy was achieved with a mere $281m... a snip compared to some films... that's average $94m for each film, give or take...

Man Of Steel, barely 10 years later has cost near 3 times that amount... Pirates Of The Caribbean At World's End was $300m by itself... and as far as I can tell, these are good films but aren't a patch on any of the three LOTR films.

At $100m per film for LOTR, Battleship cost twice LOTR budget at $209m. Green Lantern also twice as much at $200m.
None of these are any good.

The biggest surprise though... Spider Man 3 alone cost almost the same as all three LOTR combined... $258m compared to all 3 costing $281m.
Adjusted for inflation though is the biggie, Spider Man 3 cost $286m when adjusted... which is more than all 3 LOTR films combined.

Judging just by what he can do with a budget, Jackson is a great director... end of.

On other terms... I've yet to see a film of his that is actually not decent.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
George Lucas?

But I totally love Peter Jackson's films, he is great at making the fantastical worlds he creates seem real and believable, even when there's dragons or giant apes. Plus I love his smaller stuff too. I have seen The Frighteners countless times, and it doesn't get old.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Actually, the scale and size of Jackson's LOTR trilogy was achieved with a mere $281m... a snip compared to some films... that's average $94m for each film, give or take...
Adjusted for inflation though is the biggie, Spider Man 3 cost $286m when adjusted... which is more than all 3 LOTR films combined.
You would need to adjust the LOTR for inflation as well, though. The 281 million in 2001 would be over 340 million in 2013.

Judging just by what he can do with a budget, Jackson is a great director... end of.
340 million is a huge budget.

Satoshi Kon made Millennium Actress with 1.5 million dollars, corrected for inflation and Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck made The Lives of Others for 2.3 million dollars, corrected for inflation.

Can't stand the Lord of the Rings films, and I'm not really a fan of those horror-comedies.

Surprisingly, I though the King Kong remake was really good.