What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

thinking about quitting this forum
Don't get hasty. Is there a problem? Do tell.

Being reminded of this
This would explain it getting viewed again. I did catch up on some rep in there, though.

Hope it isn't something I said .....
Was he ever in the shout-box?!?

thinking how to snatch two eggs from the neighbors so that I can make French fried toast
Been there, done that. I later replaced it with an entire dozen, though. So they did good.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Was out last night and only woke up a while ago to, and to hear this news is shocking. Gerry Adams released a statement earlier.Sinn Fein Statement.
He did just enough, didn't he? Just enough...

Marty has also been on saying much the same. They've gone further (from memory anyway) than they did after the Paul Quinn and Robert McCartney murders. Wonder why?

Incidentally, the Real IRA has claimed responsibility for this in the last couple of hours. I've seen a lot more RIRA graffiti on local walls recently - I wonder if their support (which SF always say is tiny, but then they would) is growing now that Sinn Fein appear to have rolled over to the DUP on policing and justice?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I hope things don't return to all-out violence and confrontation again. I know this will probably seem really old-news to you Tatty, but in our class last week, we read and discussed Liam O'Flaherty's "The Sniper", and I had to try to put it in historical context as well as modern context. My students have absolutely no concept of "The Troubles", but I think that some of them understand it a little bit more now. Did you have to read that story in school? It's still quite an exciting read. Once again, I hope you don't get too much of that type of excitement in your neck of the woods any time soon.

Oh, since Sarah is working on her Physics project at her partner's house, and Brenda is shopping, I'm MoFoing while listening to the Soundtrack of Our Lives' new album Communion.

Hugs Tatty and Silas... I wondered if the RIRA was behind this when I first heard about it...

What's up eM? Did your hubby's deployment get extended? I've heard a lot of them are lately...

Right now I'm trying to tell myself that I am a logical person and that bad things do not really happen in threes...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'll never pass up a hug, Caity.

I hope things don't return to all-out violence and confrontation again. I know this will probably seem really old-news to you Tatty, but in our class last week, we read and discussed Liam O'Flaherty's "The Sniper", and I had to try to put it in historical context as well as modern context. My students have absolutely no concept of "The Troubles", but I think that some of them understand it a little bit more now. Did you have to read that story in school? It's still quite an exciting read. Once again, I hope you don't get too much of that type of excitement in your neck of the woods any time soon.

Oh, since Sarah is working on her Physics project at her partner's house, and Brenda is shopping, I'm MoFoing while listening to the Soundtrack of Our Lives' new album Communion.
Y'know what? I was thinking about The Sniper this morning.

The last British soldier killed over here before last night was shot by a sniper. One, perhaps two, operated in south Armagh for years.

Wiki here if you want to get some modern context to O'Flaherty's story.

i love you all
your all classy examples of human beings.
really your all a credit to our race
So you are staying? goody

Em and Caity a big

Tatty! need more pictures of your new kitchen stay safe

New floor is going down tomorrow and wall tiles on Wednesday, then I promise another crap photo!

Apart from the waste pipe leaking under the sink everything's perfect. I'd recommend Wayne, Eastwood and Ladd Building Contractors (see what I did there? ) to anyone...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Watching "In The Night Garden" with my son before he goes to bed, it's a childrens tv programme which in my oppinion hasnt got enough explosion's or robots in it, I think I will see if Michael Bay will consider doing a few episodes.

The Three Mesquiteers, Revamped.
Heh, I dunno of America uses the term 'cowboy builder'.

EDIT - Now that I think about it, a lot of Northerners used to refer to citizens of The Republic as 'Mexicans'.

South of the border....

On a slightly random note, it's amazing how many people here's (locally, I mean) favourite movie is Shane. They're all over 50, sure, but Billy the Kid (aka Billy Antrim) etc had Ulster roots. You can have Duke Special for free, just promise not to ever send him back.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
thanks for the hugs. i so needed it yesterday and maybe today. i am just sick of this deployment and lots other drama. i just want him home. no, caity, its not been extended--thankfully.

as for my knee, i have to go back to get an rmi done wednesday and back to the dr to see whats wrong. see if i tore a muscle or mincus. otherwise, i am getting by hour to hour now. u guys mean so much to me..

thanks for the hugs. i so needed it yesterday and maybe today. i am just sick of this deployment and lots other drama. i just want him home. no, caity, its not been extended--thankfully.

as for my knee, i have to go back to get an rmi done wednesday and back to the dr to see whats wrong. see if i tore a muscle or mincus. otherwise, i am getting by hour to hour now. u guys mean so much to me..
We all

It looks like its all starting up again. The dissident republican group The Continuity IRA have murdered a policeman in Northern Ireland last night, citing their reasoning “As long as there is British involvement in Ireland, these attacks will continue.”

The PSNI now suspect that this was a deliberate attempt to lure the police into a trap. First reports said the man was seriously or critically injured in the ambush but late last night it was officially confirmed that the officer had died.

Its a tense time both in the North and South.

Just paid the bill's now going shopping

Could my day get any worse
Yes actually . . . It could.

I agree... it could get much, much, worse... I know you have a lot of health issues and my heart goes out to you... but I think you need to be a wee bit more positive... be glad you have the money to pay your bills and go shopping... so many can't do either right now...

Right now I'm thinking about our Irish friends... and hoping they stay safe...