Rice's Radical Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
That's so disappointing that you didn't like Wanted as much as me. Granted A few things about it bugged me, but it was overall very entertaining. I still don't really understand why you didn't like this one vs Transporter or The Condemned or the countless other mindless action movies you love and yet have the same flaws as Wanted that you pointed out in this review... Nice picture choice btw
Well the most important thing is that i wasn't bored while i was watching Transporter or especially The Condemned. In Wanted they kept trying to have backstories for everyone which i completely didn't care about, Jolie's back story was one of the stupidest things ever and her character (despite all the emphasis being on her) was super boring and completely not intriguing. The film was trying to be more than it was without even being a mindless action flick which is what i wanted from Wanted (haha) But they kept focusing on 'who' James Mcavoy really is or why is he here? I don't care! just shoot guns! and then there was that stupid epiphany and suddenly he can train harder better faster stronger than ever before! It just didn't rub the right way with me. And i said Wanted had stupid lines, not cheesy ones, The Condemned had cheesy ones but they worked well with the movie. And the only part of The Condemned that was unbelievable was the concept, once you get over that it's straight down to hard core action, fights, explosions and Vinnie Jones!! And like i said earlier, i wasn't impressed with much of the action scenes because it was so done on the computer and you can tell, if you couldn't tell and it was done on a computer i wouldn't care, buy you can definitely tell, and they were completely improbable and yes i know that's what happens in almost all action flicks but Wanted was definitely extending its reach of reality more than most action movies, and i wasn't surprised by any of the cool scenes because they put everything into the preview. I just didn't like it

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
how do you use those popcorn things?

look in the quote thing [ rating ] your rating here [/ rating ]

take out the spaces

... But they kept focusing on 'who' James Mcavoy really is or why is he here? I don't care! just shoot guns!.
haha. Exactly, and that's why Shoot 'Em Up is much better than Wanted.