B-Movie HoF

Tools    

Have you guy's seen this movie? It's nuts. Holden gave it to me years ago. Did I mention that it's nuts.

The Island ~ Official Trailer #1 ~ Michael Caine (1980)

Only watch this next video, if you've seen the movie.

AnAllOuttaBubblegumPresentation.com
The Island Killcount

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hard Ticket To Hawaii

What a fun filled sexy movie this was. If I were to pick my favourite film that featured great looking topless women, this one gets my vote.

Throw in a toxic snake. A frisbee blade of death and hilarious one-liners ("You've got a great ass") Hard Ticket is a golden film full of comedic sleaze. Yes, this film is terrible. But in line with this HoF, the terrible quality elevates it. Had there been less topless scenes, I'm sure I would have still enjoyed it, just not as much.

With its own theme song, Hard Ticket To Hawaii is tops right now.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Toxic Avenger

Arguably the most famous Troma film and one I watched as a kid. Why my dad let me watch this, I have no idea. I remember feeling a little weird after seeing it. Watching it today, I still have those feelings!!!!

It is "THE" definition of a B-Movie, cult movie, movie so-bad it's good, among others. It's good for how off the wall it is and the film basically put Troma on the map.

However, in my opinion, this film is disqualified for having a rating above 6 on IMDB. For whatever reason, it was accepted. Great addition to the genre and would be a great addition to the HoF....

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Are you serious? We had this discussion pages back, it was accepted for the exact reason you stated, it is "THE" definition of B-Movie, it was cleared by the head of the HoF through PM. I gave him an alternate selection but I was allowed to choose it based on the fact that it -is- a B-movie. So Derek's film should be DQ'ed as well because it's clearly not a B-Movie, right?

I will be adding another rule for this specific HoF, and it's that the film must have a rating lower than 6 on IMDb.
Sure, Ghost Ship isn't a B movie, although I only found that out while watching, and being a B movie is somewhat opinion based anyway. There was a set rule with the rating, and The Toxic Avenger never should have been allowed. If this is viewed as a competition, which it is, everyone should have to play by the exact same rules. I didn't make a big deal about it in the beginning, since we're all just having fun. I did make a sarcastic remark because I thought it would never be allowed. The reason it matters is because many of us picked our nominations based on the rating guideline. I know I did. Go by the rules or don't have them. I was going to automatically put the movie last on my list, but then decided not to after watching Ghost Ship.

IMO, we should disqualify all of these except Miami Connection, so it for sure wins.

Sure, Ghost Ship isn't a B movie, although I only found that out while watching, and being a B movie is somewhat opinion based anyway. There was a set rule with the rating, and The Toxic Avenger never should have been allowed. If this is viewed as a competition, which it is, everyone should have to play by the exact same rules. I didn't make a big deal about it in the beginning, since we're all just having fun. I did make a sarcastic remark because I thought it would never be allowed. The reason it matters is because many of us picked our nominations based on the rating guideline. I know I did. Go by the rules or don't have them. I was going to automatically put the movie last on my list, but then decided not to after watching Ghost Ship.
Not completely though. One of the key defining points of a B-Movie is that it's low-budget. Ghost Ship was not low budget in the least.

I think... and I used to not agree and just say let the participants decide, and it's up to the host so I never fought it, but (and I think you've said something similar in the past) there need to be some sort of guidelines. You can't let the participants choose completely loosely, or you get people who nominate Ghost Ship for a B-Movie Hall of Fame.

I am NOT arguing for disqualifying anything. I don't care. Nope has done a great job running this and I don't want to give him any stress. I am just arguing with cricket cause he's a bastard.

You're right about Ghost Ship, but not everyone knew that at the time. Everyone knew right from the beginning that Toxie shouldn't have been allowed, unless the rule was abolished and everyone got to pick their nominations over again.

You're right about Ghost Ship, but not everyone knew that at the time. Everyone knew right from the beginning that Toxie shouldn't have been allowed, unless the rule was abolished and everyone got to pick their nominations over again.
I didn't remember. I don't think I was paying too much attention at the time.

Let the night air cool you off
Well, we could spam The Toxic Avenger IMDb page with 1's to get it eligible.

It deserves 10's though. Also an IMDb rating is a weird eligibility rule, but I won't be involving myself in any HoF arguments again.

A healthy debate is fine. This reminds me of the Metal tournament debate. It was accepted, so it's in, but no one has to vote for it if they don't think it should have qualified in the first place.

But the real issue is...

HOW COME NO ONE NOMINATED MEAN GUNS?

Oh yeah, cuz I didn't join...

A healthy debate is fine. This reminds me of the Metal tournament debate. It was accepted, so it's in, but no one has to vote for it if they don't think it should have qualified in the first place.

But the real issue is...

HOW COME NO ONE NOMINATED MEAN GUNS?

Oh yeah, cuz I didn't join...
It wasn't accepted by the people who picked nominations under a rating of 6. That's the first movie that popped into my head when this HoF was announced, and as I wrote after watching it, I've been a big fan since before most of you were born. I wasn't allowed to nominate it though.

I don't really care anymore, but how can anyone question what Suspect said when he was right?

Well, I guess I'll say this, just because someone else nominated something that didn't qualify is no reason to accept another nomination that doesn't qualify.

I think though that the bigger issue is probably that AboveTheClouds would have nominated something else if he knew it would get this kind of treatment for not completely qualifying, because it was accepted. And on that note there wasn't any mercy shown in that area in the Metal competition. So... I don't know... Just going to have to let everyone decide for themselves how they'll vote, I guess...

Well, I guess I'll say this, just because someone else nominated something that didn't qualify is no reason to accept another nomination that doesn't qualify.
That's true, and I bet even Derek didn't know Ghost Ship wasn't a B Movie. We all knew about the other one from the start.

I think though that the bigger issue is probably that AboveTheClouds would have nominated something else if he knew it would get this kind of treatment for not completely qualifying, because it was accepted. And on that note there wasn't any mercy shown in that area in the Metal competition. So... I don't know... Just going to have to let everyone decide for themselves how they'll vote, I guess...
I definitely would have nominated something else had I known I could go above a 5.9 rating. That's the problem, a lack of equality in the rules.

Keep in mind, Ghost Ship doesn't gain an edge in the competition by not being a B movie, but a movie that is more universally praised certainly does.

Soooo wait, I'm just a bit confused, why was Toxic Avenger allowed to be nominated in the first place if it broke the rule? Because it's the "definitive" B-Movie? If that's the case, why don't we just deem it the wiener I mean winner?

Soooo wait, I'm just a bit confused, why was Toxic Avenger allowed to be nominated in the first place if it broke the rule? Because it's the "definitive" B-Movie? If that's the case, why don't we just deem it the wiener I mean winner?
My problem is not necessarily that it was allowed, but that it was allowed after most other members sent in their noms that went by the rule. Check pages 2 and 3 for the order in which it went down.

Okay so Nope said the rule was lenient anyway, which makes sense, But I agree with cricket - we should have known that from the start.