Darth Vader
5.26%
2 votes
Darth who?
0%
0 votes
Unsure
38 votes. You may not vote on this poll

a friend asked me this the other day, and to be honest, i had no real answer,but i have to say id prolly learn towards maul, his skills with a light sabre are excellent, he belted the crap out of not 1 but 2 jedi, but his force is something to be worked on, whereas vader could simply use the force to strangle, and in the sabre department can be sliced and diced by a jedi in training.however--vader is supposedly the "greatest of all jedi"
well, anyway, what do you think?

Darth Maul definatly...I mean...he's quick, he's smart, he's stylish, he's strong, he was trained under Darth Sidius, he kicked some major Jedi butt, and his double-bladed lightsaber was just plainly labled "kick a$$". Not to mention, he looks like something out of my worst nightmare! (Brush dem teeth man!)
I do however like Anakin....but Vader, well, just doesn't cut it...

Are you forgetting that Vader also trained under Darth Sidious. I agree with you that Darth Maul would win, but Vader did train under Sidius

True...True...I knew that he, too, trained under Sidius...I was just pointing it out...

Maul did look wicked but after all the hype, I was really disappointed… I mean what was it… less than 10 minutes before his head couldn’t tell which way his butt was going… nope… Vader is just plain evil with a light saber not to even mention the force… Maul wouldn’t be anything more than an appetizer for him…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I agree, Maul attacks to furiously and full of hatred where as Vader times his attacks and knows what his doing.

Darth Maul was too offensive. His carelessness cost him his life when he easily could have finished off Obi-Wan but instead wanted to toy with him.

Vader has the patience and wisdom. In my eyes he is the greater Jedi.

Darth Vader would destroy Darth Maul

i don't understand why you're debating this, vader would kick the **** out of darth maul. vader was the greatest jedi and then he turned badass no remorse nasty man in a black tin hat. darth maul would get his ass kicked. i also can't believe you people are pointing out being "stylish" and "scary" are traits that would make you win a fight.

I still disagree. Vader is old. Maul has been trained his entire life, ever since he was old enough to walk, to be a human Grim Reaper. Vader has flaws. Obi-Wan realeased his anger when he killed Maul. The only reason, really. Besides, that lightsaber is designed for training, not for fighting. It has all kings of knobs and stuff you have to turn in order for it to work right. I never thought I'd agree with a fan of Jar-Jar Binks, but Senator-Binks is right. He's faster, too. With a little bit more training, Maul would be able to do that blue-lightning thing, and then there would be no doubt about it. Maul, 100%!

Funny...
Lol...but thanks for agreeing with me anyhow...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Darth Vader would beat Darth Maul down. Sure DM had a more showy and aggressive fighting style, but DV could kill people just by THINKING about it. It goes a little something like this: DM and DV step up. DV says something like, "I will show you what a real sith can do..." DM says nothing. They pop their Lightsabers, and start at it. The fight is spectacular. DM is doing all sorts of showy sh*t, DV is just calmly holds him off. (anyone else notice that DV never lost his cool in battle? I always thought that rocked) Then, DM starts noticing, he can't breathe....he impulsively puts his hand to his throat, then DV chops his one hit wonder @ss in half..."Not Again.." DM says as he dies.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

i dont think so man, DV was cut down by a kid! not even a jedi!
Dm had the prestige to die,at least at the hands of a jedi(padawan he may have been, but he still knew more about fighting and the force then luke did), and take down a revered jedi master

Vader, no question. The fight's over before it starts.

Vader was second only in power to Palpatine.

The pitiful things people find to argue about...

i think Darth Maul looks better but Darth Vader (should they meet at a time when both were at their peak) would seriously squash Maul for the simple fact the force flows so much stronger in him, etc, etc

darth vader would kill him like nothing.

not even luke skywalker could kill vader.

but maybe he wasn´t in his prime when he tried.

dart maul looks like a geek anyway.

I agree with Saruman. Vader has the skill and patience to ward off Mauls frenzied attacks and beat him. Brains over brawn. Also Vader was both Jedi and Sith, superior training.

This has actually been played out in one of the Star Wars Tales comics. It was a test by The Emperor to see how far Vader had come in his Sith training. Vader won.

Originally posted by Caitlyn
[b]Maul did look wicked but after all the hype, I was really disappointed… I mean what was it… less than 10 minutes before his head couldn’t tell which way his butt was going… nope… Vader is just plain evil with a light saber not to even mention the force… Maul wouldn’t be anything more than an appetizer for him…
nuf said

Oh come on people...come on...jesus. Darth Vader is just one lucky ass mo' fo'. I mean...he's been in so many battles and always lost something. At the end...he was almost entirely machine because he's lost so much. Like in episode II, Dooku cuts off his arm...BUT HE DOESN'T FINISH HIM OFF! Han blasted his ass in A New Hope...and he just floated off into space in some spinning frenzy. Finally, Luke cut off his arm...."BUT DIDN'T....FINISH....HIM....OFF!!" Darth Vader is just a lucky bastard and to tell you the truth, would be diced into pieces by Darth Maul, simply because of the fact that he wouldn't let Vader go, he would finish him once and for all. Plus...get real here....Vader's slow ass reflexes compared to Maul's extraordinary sith/jedi skill? COME ON!