2 votes
Charlotte Rampling, 45 YEARS
9.52%
2 votes
Saoirse Ronan, BROOKLYN
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Welcome to the human race...
"Oh, no it wasn't," my ass.
It's not like "oh, yes, it was" is automatically on a higher level. That being said, I elaborated on my feelings towards Joy in this review.

There is no way I would watch Joy.... I think Jen and Brad are both terrible actors/actresses... and this is my opinion!

I personally feel that Daisey Ridley really got snubbed here. All The Awards shows messed up here.Yeah I knows its Star Wars and some have issues with her character of Rey. However Ridley simply owned the role of Rey.

I watched Brooklyn last night, and I was very impressed with Saoirse Ronan's performance. She deserves to win over Brie Larson IMHO, but I have not seen any of the other nominees yet.

I personally feel that Daisey Ridley really got snubbed here. All The Awards shows messed up here.Yeah I knows its Star Wars and some have issues with her character of Rey. However Ridley simply owned the role of Rey.
I don't know about getting snubbed because I haven't seen all the nominees, but I agree that Ridley was great as Rey.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
She was great, but worthy of a nomination???? If you want to look to someone who deserve a nomination look at Charlize Theron before Daisey Ridley.

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed The Force Awakens, nobody in that film deserved an acting nomination.
BB-8 for Best Supporting Droid doe. Stole the scene with the thumbs up to Finn.

She was great, but worthy of a nomination???? If you want to look to someone who deserve a nomination look at Charlize Theron before Daisey Ridley.
I'd be OK with Theron and ridley added. Why should best picture have 8 slots.

Welcome to the human race...
Well, if Jennifer Lawrence can get in for Joy...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Well, if Jennifer Lawrence can get in for Joy...
Without having seen Joy, I feel like she's nominated because of her popularity right now. Kind of like Meryl Streep. Nominated for the sake of it regardless of quality of performance.

.....God...is Jennifer Lawrence the new Meryl Streep?!?!?!?!

For the record Maryl Streep was in two films this past year: starring in the fluffy Ricki and the Flash and a supporting role (essentially just one key scene) in Suffragette. Somehow the Academy, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, and the Screen Actors Guild all failed to nominate her.

An oversight, I'm sure.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

After winning basically every award leading up to the Oscars, it was absolutely zero surprise that Brie Larson did win Best Actress for Room. She would have gotten my vote, though both Saoirse Ronan and Charlotte Rampling were wonderful. Rampling has been a favorite of mine for decades (Under the Sand is still my favorite performance of hers), it was a long overdue nomination. And between last year's Grand Budapest Hotel and this year's Brooklyn I can say I am now a true fan of Saoirse Ronan, finally washing away the hate I had for her because of her annoying character in Atonement.

Good crop of actresses this year, but I think the right one won. It'll be interesting to see how she shapes her career from here on out, with the opportunities she will have in the next two or three years. She's only twenty-six, she has a lot of career to build.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	brie.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	24399  

I have to return some videotapes...
This is the one category where if one of the actresses one over the other I probably wouldn't have cared. This was a much stronger year for women in film than any other I feel like. Glad for Brie though and she probably gave the best speech of the night next to Leo.