Movies that were better the 2nd time

Tools    

I really liked John Carpenter's The Thing the first time around, but the second time I absolutely loved it. One of my very favorites now.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Godfather
Chinatown
L.A. Confidential
Raging Bull
Unforgiven
American Beauty
Point Break
Ocean's Twelve
Schindler's List
Hulk
The Bourne Supremacy
Clerks

T

Movie that's better the second time around:

I saw North Dallas Forty twice, and didn't much like it the first time I saw it, but the second time I saw North Dallas Forty, it sort of grew on me, and I liked it a lot.

Mystic River..I liked the first time I saw it, but I liked it even better the second time around.

The second time I saw West Side Story (which, to date, I've seen more times than I'm able/willing to count, and still love it!), I liked it even better than the first time.

that's what she said...
For me, deffinately The Adjustmen Bureau.

Although unlike you, donniedarko, I LOVE rewatching movies!! I picked Adjustment Bureau as one I liked seeing better a second time because you catch onto the "adjusters" in the bigging of the film that the first time you watch it, you don't realize its them. Then the 3rd time you notice more!! It's one of those types of movies where there are a lot of little things they throw in there that you wouldn't notice until the 2nd time.

I dont like to rewacth movies so I can only thing of 2
Rear Window
That doesn't make sense to me.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

For me, deffinately The Adjustmen Bureau.

Although unlike you, donniedarko, I LOVE rewatching movies!! I picked Adjustment Bureau as one I liked seeing better a second time because you catch onto the "adjusters" in the bigging of the film that the first time you watch it, you don't realize its them. Then the 3rd time you notice more!! It's one of those types of movies where there are a lot of little things they throw in there that you wouldn't notice until the 2nd time.
I thougt it was just OK when I saw it in theaters so I'll try it again I guess

that's what she said...
I thougt it was just OK when I saw it in theaters so I'll try it again I guess
Good idea! It really gets better the more you see it becuase when yuo notice them throughout the film, it make it just MAKE more sense. lol

Movie Viewer since the Dawn of Time or thereabouts
Pulp Fiction

I was actually bored watching it in the theater. Now I love it anytime I see it at home.
I've generally liked all of Tarentino's films but so far each one has required multiple viewings to even attempt to catch all the in jokes, gags and to appreceate the music (and try to remember where you've heard it before.)
I thoroughly enjoyed both Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Volume 1 on first viewing much more than many of the other ones but all of his films improve with a second (or fifth) viewing.

I liked The Prestige better the second time around. I had a few unanswered questions the first time around. The film was a bit complex. Also, after I read about the life of inventor Nikola Tesla, it increased my interest in the film

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Napoleon Dynamite

The first time I saw this I honestly thought it was awful but Mr. Next liked it so I watched it again with him, and I laughed quite a bit. Which is odd, because I usually find comedies funny the first time and not so much on subsequent viewings.

28 Days Later - couldn't stand it first time I saw it, but really liked it on second viewing.
You took the words right out of my mouth. 28 Days Later is the only movie to this day that I've said this about. I used many negative adjectives to describe it the first time I saw it but many positive ones followed after the 2nd time.

Great movie!

Brazil. It took me at least two watches to realize that it really is one of the greatest films of all time.

2001 and Citizen Kane immediately come to mind.
Good examples

Brazil. It took me at least two watches to realize that it really is one of the greatest films of all time.
Yeah, same here. I didn't get it first time either about Brazil