[NEW THING] Clubs

Tools    

Right now the curators are marked on each club's member list as well as on the clubs sections of that member's profile.
Thanks, I must be even more dim than I thought then as I can't see that anywhere

edit: I can see the curator 'badge' on the individual members' profile, just not on the member list of the club

As far as additional stuff goes: are there any plans to add some sort of checklist so members can mark off or rate each of the director's films they have seen?

That's still a good question, though: in the first mockup I had, it was bigger and bolder right there on the main club page, but I decided the members' list should take up a lot less space. As of now, as Cosmic said, there's a green sash over their avatar on the View All Members page, and on their profile, and they're automatically listed first among those tiny avatars, but I might add another mention on there somewhere, too.

Thanks, I must be even more dim than I thought then as I can't see that anywhere

As far as additional stuff goes: are there any plans to add some sort of checklist so members can mark off or rate each of the director's films they have seen?
Yes. I think I mentioned this in the initial post, or maybe one of the ones shortly after. The only hurdle is that this basically means opening up the entire system, so you can do this with ALL movies, which is a bigger feature, so I want to make sure I get that right. That's the only delay at this point, but I'm hopeful to have something simple up soon.

That's still a good question, though: in the first mockup I had, it was bigger and bolder right there on the main club page, but I decided the members' list should take up a lot less space. As of now, as Cosmic said, there's a green sash over their avatar on the View All Members page, and on their profile, and they're automatically listed first among those tiny avatars, but I might add another mention on there somewhere, too.
Kewl ... I get it now

Yes. I think I mentioned this in the initial post, or maybe one of the ones shortly after. The only hurdle is that this basically means opening up the entire system, so you can do this with ALL movies, which is a bigger feature, so I want to make sure I get that right. That's the only delay at this point, but I'm hopeful to have something simple up soon.
Kewl - sorry for being lazy and not re-reading all the posts

Join the Lynch Cult.. er i mean Club guys Just me and Cosmic so far. Going to start tagging the threads now that i've got the chance.

Joined the Cronenberg and Kurosawa ones.

There's a Cronenberg vs Lynch thread, Cosmic . I'm sure you know by now.

BTW, i'm going through threads with Lynch in them then threads with each of his films as well as Twin Peaks and maybe a few other things. If there's any threads you've started or any thread you're aware of that's related to Lynch with unconventional titles that i wouldn't find with a search of any of those let me know in a profile comment or pm and i'll add them. Thanks.

There's a Cronenberg vs Lynch thread, Cosmic . I'm sure you know by now.
Yeah, I came across that earlier as well and was amused. The winner is obvious though.

I thought I had it tagged for the club, but apparently not. I'm wondering how many other threads I opened but neglected to tag now haha.

Was talking to Camo about this, but I'm okay foregoing those. You guys really are the Curators: there's a general guideline as to what should get tagged, but ultimately, within that range, it's up to you. So if you think a thread is short and doesn't have much to offer in terms of insight or analysis, like just a poll, you can decide not to tag it.

Added all the ones i could find going through what i said i would: 27 so far. I'm sure there's some misspelled keywords like "Mulholland" with four L's instead of three or whatever, i'll look for those sorts of things later but i think that's a good start. As i said in that earlier comment:

BTW, i'm going through threads with Lynch in them then threads with each of his films as well as Twin Peaks and maybe a few other things. If there's any threads you've started or any thread you're aware of that's related to Lynch with unconventional titles that i wouldn't find with a search of any of those let me know in a profile comment or pm and i'll add them. Thanks.
So yeah, join the Lynch Club and please create new or bump old Lynch threads as you see fit, i'm always up for discussing him and i know a few others who are too. Also Twin Peaks restarts in May so if you are thinking of rewatching the series it takes about 29 Hours, so i'd get started soon and join me in The Twin Peaks Thread

Welcome to Swan! Always knew he was a guy.

Edit: Forgot to add, as i told Yoda i excluded three threads deliberately. They were threads in an abandoned Lynch Tournament that's why i didn't include them. Just so everyone knows.

Yeah, I came across that earlier as well and was amused. The winner is obvious though.

I thought I had it tagged for the club, but apparently not. I'm wondering how many other threads I opened but neglected to tag now haha.
Jesus, i forgot to add it too . I checked my own damn club to find it and see what you meant by Cronenberg winning and i didn't have the thread there . Well i've added it now: 28. I don't think i've missed anything though, i think i forgot to add that because me and you talked about these clubs and as soon as i saw it i made that post because it was mine vs yours and you are the only member (other than Yoda obviously) i've mentioned these too before adding the thread.

Huh, it appears to be gone from the Cronenberg club now. Is it possible that threads can only be in one club at a time?

If so, we could have both correctly tagged the thread when we first saw it. Your tag could have removed mine, then when I retagged it, it removed yours.

Yeah, I just tagged it again for Cronenberg to see what would happen, and it's been removed from the Lynch club.
Good catch! Yeah, forgot to mention this. Didn't occur to me while programming the feature that two directors might be involved in one thread! I figure it's rare enough that it's not worth re-programming yet, but let me know if it becomes a recurring issue.