Favorite Obscure Movie

Tools    

.....doesn't know what to put here!
You know those movies you have seen that no one you know has, movies you love but were never very popular.
I've watched all 4 Airport movies, i'm pretty sure i'm the only one in my school who's seen all of them.

I've also saw all the Norman Wisdom films, there 40 or 50 years old and probably not many people in my school have saw them either.

that's about it really

Colour out of Time
Yeaaahhh .... the thread is alive

Fritz the Cat (1972)

A persiflage on the protest movements of the 60s. It's hero is the bold and sex-obsessed tom-cat Fritz the Cat, as created by the legendary underground artist Robert Crumb. Quitting university Fritz the Cat wanders through the hash, Black Panther and Hell's Angels scenes to find to himself.

Freaks (1932)

A carnival barker displays a sideshow freak called the Feathered Hen and tells her story. Cleopatra, a trapeze artist with the carnival, is adored by a midget named Hans. Frieda, Hans' fiancée (also a midget), warns Hans that Cleopatra is only interested in him so that he will give her money. Cleopatra has an affair with Hercules, and when Frieda lets it slip that Hans is to come into an inheritance, Cleopatra and Hercules plan to get the money be having Cleopatra marry Hans. During the wedding reception, Cleopatra, although openly romantic with Hercules, is accepted by the freaks, but is revolted and mocks them. The freaks decide that they no longer need Hercules in their carnival and have a new career for Cleopatra all lined up, and make sure she doesn't "chicken" out.

and finally ... Even Dwarves Started Small (1970) German
alternatively Auch Zwege haben klein angefangen

The inhabitants of an institution in a remote country rebel against their keepers. Their acts of rebellion are by turns humorous, boring and alarming. An allegory on the problematic nature of fully liberating the human spirit, as both commendable and disturbing elements of our nature come forward. The film shows how justifiable revolt may be empowering, but may also turn to chaos and depravity. The allegory is developed in part by the fact that the film is cast entirely with dwarfs.

... a very very personal favourite by Werner Herzog so I'll post some more images.

LOL ... Poor littlr Hombre' must have been the smallest actor in motion picture history ... couldn't find pic of him drinking from a wine bottle ... it was but 2/3rds his size

The Beat
It's cheesy as hell but I loved it when it came out. Course I smoked pot then.

Getting Away with Murder, a Dan Akroyd film about a professor of ethics who winds up a murderer, kinda' a dark comedy.

Featuring Alan Arkin, Adam Arkin, Carol Burnett, Jack Warden, Danny Aiello, Danny Glover, Sid Haig, Vincent Schiavelli, and Ruth Buzzi.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082177/

Why this one? I was a 9-yr old extra in it. Sadly, I haven't seen this movie since, ohhh, 1980-something-ish.

http://www.sizzlequiz.com/SelectFreeGame.aspx?c=Movies

Yeaaahhh .... the thread is alive

Freaks (1932)

A carnival barker displays a sideshow freak called the Feathered Hen and tells her story. Cleopatra, a trapeze artist with the carnival, is adored by a midget named Hans. Frieda, Hans' fiancée (also a midget), warns Hans that Cleopatra is only interested in him so that he will give her money. Cleopatra has an affair with Hercules, and when Frieda lets it slip that Hans is to come into an inheritance, Cleopatra and Hercules plan to get the money be having Cleopatra marry Hans. During the wedding reception, Cleopatra, although openly romantic with Hercules, is accepted by the freaks, but is revolted and mocks them. The freaks decide that they no longer need Hercules in their carnival and have a new career for Cleopatra all lined up, and make sure she doesn't "chicken" out.:
I remember seeing this when i was a kid, it left a lasting impact on me I thought they were all so cute My mother was in a circus when she was young and they a lot of people similar to the movie and i loved hearing about them the most important thing I learned from my Mum was they were just ordinary people that just looked odd

Colour out of Time
OT

@ Nebbit
That's pretty cool Cool Mum too

I've worked with people experiencing dissability my most emotional memory was when we hoisted a girl ... well woman 30 ... into the air in a sea horse costume for an opera ... we had her throat miked and she would vocalise into the mike which would then be fed back to her with a delay ... she would repeat the process with the new sound ... resulting in her accompanying herself ... an astounding effect. Anyway she had never left her wheel chair as she suffered from Cerebal Palsy, and the first time she was hoisted up ... the look of sheer freedom and wonderment in her eyes ... Man that was so beautiful ... I don't think there was a dry eye in the theatre that rehearsal. We also had 3 blind singers as well ... anyway I digress

You should try to find a copy of Even Dwarves started Small.

I don't know if anyone familiar with Hysterical from the early 80's, but I used to quote that film all the time from elementary through high school.

What about Mulholland Drive? Anyone who can understand that film is a genius!

A system of cells interlinked
I must be a genius, then!

Also, I don't think they meant obscure in the telling...

Alas, you are banned, and won't read this, so...

Colour out of Time
I mention this one because it was an Aussie production and not sure if it had extensive screens OS. Very Aussie humour ... I went to see because it was
A. Zombie flic
B. Australian
C. Wanted something light and entertaining ... Oh and heaps of gratuitous blood and gore FXs.
It was a lot of fun and I laughed and clapped right through the movie ... gotta love a three barreled shottie

Undead (2003) directed by Peter and Michael Spierig

The small fishing town of Berkelely is hit by a shower of meteorites, bringing with it a deadly infection. The dead have risen to life and are seeking human flesh. While attempting to flee an unhappy past in Berkeley for life in the city, local beauty queen Rene (Felicity Mason) is trapped in this nightmare of marauding zombies. Shotgun-wielding Marion (Mungo McKay), who believes the source of the infection is alien, is regarded as a lunatic by the townsfolk, rescues Rene from the living dead and takes her to his isolated farmhouse. When four other survivors arrive, the group bands together to battle the undead.

and another Aussie classic

The Cars That Ate Paris (1974) directed by Peter Weir

The townspeople of the small country town of Paris, in New South Wales, make a living from cars accidents and cannibalising the wreckage. Cars are salvaged for parts and the survivors are reduced to zombies. The locals create killer cars from the recycled parts and are driven by local delinquents to prey upon civilisation.

Have to show another one of that evil VW ... my first car was a beetle

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That's fair, Monkberry Moon Delight, at least for that one, but if they're obscure, there is NO WAY to know if you like them or hate them unless you've ACTUALLY seen them.

The Rage In Placid Lake is on DVD. It's an Australian film about this guy who was always picked on and made fun of. He decides to reinvent himself after a hospital stay. If you've ever felt awkward or like you didn't fit in (as I have) you'll love this movie!

I have four favorite obscure films right now:

THE LOST- if you haven't heard of Jack Ketchum your sleeping sun. Dude is like Stephen king on crack.

The Conspiracy- Val Kilmer out for revenge. DO I NEED TO SAY MORE

REVOVLER- Not as obscure got a limited release in the states. Movie got mixed reviews but I'm fiend especially of richie. Ever since Lock Stock I have been a huge fan over everything he does. ( except that Madonna one)

SOUTHLAND TALES- Once again not that obscure mostly because the guy did donnie darko and then expected him to make to godfather or something. the guy makes weird movies and you see a weird movie and think its bad AWESOME MOVIE SUN

ONE

Colour out of Time
I quirky comedy I saw many times ... The Gods Must Be Crazy (1980)

Plot (from IMDb) - A Sho in the Kalahari desert encounters technology for the first time--in the shape of a Coke bottle. He takes it back to his people, and they use it for many tasks. The people start to fight over it, so he decides to return it to the God--where he thinks it came from. Meanwhile, we are introduced to a school teacher assigned to a small village, a despotic revolutionary, and a clumsy biologist.