Religious Villains in Movies...

Tools    

Hey guys I am doing a school project on Villains who use their religion as justification for their evil deeds. I need 5 examples from 5 different movies (1 per movie)

-Kevin Spacey in Se7en
-Villans in Da Vinchi Code
-Villans in Angels and Demons

Can yall please help me come up with two more examples, please and plus this could be a good topic for debates in this forum

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I never thought of the villain in SE7EN as "religious".

Claude Frollo in every version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a heinous villain.

-Villans in Da Vinchi Code
The guy who would whip his back....He's good actor now? I can't remember his name!

That's Mr. Jennifer Connelly (Paul Bettany).
Cheers mate. So, he is with Jennifer?.....lucky SOB!

Frailty, Children Of The Corn, Rosemary's Baby (or any films with the devil as the 'bad guy') The Night Of The Hunter. I can't think of any more atm.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
True, although Tarantino added in words not in the Scripture. Then again, that character seems to be turning a page in his life away from what could be called "villainy".

That lady from the mist is the first that comes to mind…

^Mrs Carmody played by Marcia Gay Harden^

Then there's Christabella from Silent Hill played by Alice Krige.

Margaret White from Carrie, played by Piper Laurie could be classed as a religious villain.

Eli Sunday from "There Will Be Blood"? He was a pastor and had his own church

Well I think that he and Plainview both were villains(Plainview maybe was more of an antihero).

John Wood as The Bishop of Aquila in Ladyhawke. Okay, I liked the movie, but it's been years since I've seen it, so I totally had to look up his charcter's name. But he was evil and was the main bad guy.

That lady from the mist is the first that comes to mind…

I heard Red State is about a religious cult