Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

I didnt know that Saw is australian...

Originally Posted by PussyCat
I didnt know that Saw is australian...
Not really but it was written and directed by 2 Australian guys

I'd rate Chopper and The Castle as my two favorites.

Hounorable mentions to Idiot Box, Two Hands, Wolf Creek and Crackerjack which I don't think has been mentioned yet.

And in the so bad it is good department Alvin Purple and Alvin Purple rides again.

Australia is a third world country and can't afford to get their film developed.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by nebbit
Oh Please
Seriously. It's an epidemic that's spreading across their "country." Technically it's a "country" but in reality it's a giant landmass with a Mars like landscape that's barely developed and has more toothless woman than the bar down the street, which I will be going to tonight.

But, like most third world countries it does have its diamonds in the rough. My favorite would probably be...

BMX Bandits

It's a horrible movie but that's because I live in a real country and have access to real movies. I try to not take that into account but I'm privileged.

Seriously. It's an epidemic that's spreading across their "country." Technically it's a "country" but in reality it's a giant landmass with a Mars like landscape that's barely developed and has more toothless woman than the bar down the street, which I will be going to tonight.
But, like most third world countries it does have its diamonds in the rough.

It's a horrible movie but that's because I live in a real country and have access to real movies. I try to not take that into account but I'm privileged.
Your a dick, technically your human but in reality your a mindless sloth. It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking for you as well. Your the reason god invented the middle finger ...Don't insult my home cockhead.

Im generally not a big fan of the aussie films but my top three would be (which I like a lot):

The Castle
Mad Max
Gallipoli

Your a dick, technically your human but in reality your a mindless sloth. It seems your fingers not only did your typing, but did your thinking for you as well. Your the reason god invented the middle finger ...Don't insult my home cockhead.
I doubt a mindless sloth even exist, unlike the film development epidemic.

I doubt a mindless sloth even exist, unlike the film development epidemic.
You are a dag, I know you love to be controversial, but for some reason beyond my understanding, I like you

Pimp has no idea! Have you even been to Australia?

You are a dag, I know you love to be controversial, but for some reason beyond my understanding, I like you
I had to look up the word DAG.

DAG: noun 1a. (usually in the plural) a lump of matted wool and faeces hanging from the rear end of a sheep; b. such a lump cut from a sheep. 2. a person (primarily male) who is regarded as something of a ‘character’, eccentric but entertainingly so, a wag. 3a. an unfashionable adolescent. b. any unfashionable or non-stylish person.

That definition of the word is followed by an interesting article about sheep's and their dag.

http://www.anu.edu.au/andc/ozwords/O...0/TailDag.html

I'd try to throw a playful insult your way but I don't think I can compete with that. You, ma'am, have earned my sincere respects.

Pimp has no idea! Have you even been to Australia?
Yeah, actually, no. I have seen it on a map before. Other countries wont even live next to it.

Two hands is a great film, anyone seen it?

Ok so, I've decided to go for a bit of an Australian mini fest. I've browsed through the various threads dedicated to Australian film, as well as certain web sites, and here is what I have lined up:
The year my voice broke - John Duigan (1987) - just seen it tonight, it was a good, but not a particularly memorable coming of age tale.
Flirting - John Duigan (1991) - Not very hopeful about this one, but it's got Nicole Kidman and Naomi Watts so...
The Quiet Room - Rolf De Heer (1996)
Bad Boy Bubby - Rolf De Heer (1993)
The Tracker - Rolf De Heer (2002)
The Dish - Rob Sitch (2000)
Newsfront - Phillip Noyce (1978)
Strictly Ballroom - Baz Luhrmann (1992)
Lantana - Ray Lawrence (2001)
Malcolm - Nadia Tass (1986)

If there's something else you think I should see or have some opinions on the selected bunch, don't hesitate to share...

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Careful, He Might Hear You, My Brilliant Career, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Gallipoli, Proof (1991), the Mad Max movies, Babe (1995), Walkabout, Rabbit-Proof Fence and Breaker Morant for starters. I like Flirting and Duigan's Sirens too.

Registered Creature
Australia (2008).

The King of Movies
As an Aussie i have seen plenty of Australian films.

Here are my favs:

The Castle

Take Away

Wolf Creek

Australian Rules

Rouge

I hear people mention Chopper, but i hated that movie.