LOTR Clones

Tools    

OK, following in the time honoured Hollywood tradition of ripping off successful movies. Where are all the LOTR clones? there must be something in the pipeline.

I think the budget and scope are too prohibitive to see many LOTR and Harry Potter clones start lining up en masse. It's certainly not something the likes of AIP or Troma can whip up very effectively. The major Studios may greenlight more fantasy projects in the next couple years due to their successes, but the comic book Superhero trend is MUCH more likely to have a lasting impact on the industry in the near future than fantasy epics.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The effects required to make the superhero flicks is cheaper and more realistic to pull of than the realism of an epic in the vein of Rings. And what's more, you look at the possiblity of creating such stories, little companies who can't afford to purchase the rights to comic book heros are going to find it easier to create cardboard cutout villains and reluctant heros than something with the scope of The Lord of the Rings.

im thinking of makeing a d&d campain into a screenplay, and sending it in. Its a good story, and with tweaking they would do it, because of the sucess of lotr i think.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The only LOTRrip-off I can think of is a truly awful animated film called "Tom and Jerry (yes, the cartoon cat and mouse) and the Magic Ring". It steals from both LOTR and Harry Potter, and is just so bad I can't imagine why they ever thought it was a good idea in the first place.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/