Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

Yeah, I miss it terribly. It is such a good show.

Jack & Ben Season Five Sneak Peek

&feature=related

Kate & Aaron Season Five Sneak Peek

&feature=related

The Adventure Starts Here!
Ahhh, I did watch the Jack and Ben clip elsewhere and then was sorry I did. Not that it was a huge spoiler, but Lost is one of those shows where I try to avoid anything that tells me what's going to happen next.... So I'll avoid the Kate and Aaron trailer. It's less than a month now .... I'll make it.

(But just barely.)

Till then, Yoda got me Season 4 on DVD for Christmas (yay!), so I will watch some Season 4 episodes and some of the extra features to keep me occupied....

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have my usual thoughts of each episode after they air.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Okay, wow, let me say that if this 2 hour event was any indication of what future episodes have in store, this is looking to be my favourite season. Both episodes 'Because You Left" and "The Lie" were really good in my opinion and I welcome LOST back with open arms.

Now, down to business. I love how they are doing the whole time travel bit and I think it's brave to do something like this on television. LOST set itself up in this world from the beginning, so any crazy twist...no matter how inane they might be, we take it at face value. Other shows that have their characters based in our reality that have too many twists tend to become a yawn fest. Like Prison Break.

But since LOST set itself apart from the get go I can buy into the whole Miss Hawkings working with Ben bit at the end. As soon as I saw someone in that room, I knew it was her. Call it a hunch, or the fact that I saw a bit of her hair and made the connection.

Who else thinks that the first bit we saw with Faraday is going to end up being in the finale. It looks to me as if it happens far in the future when he tries to fix this time thing. I know it went 3 years back, but I lost track of where I was in the time line about halfway through the show. I also dug how it opened up like Season 2 and 3, classic LOST.

It seems Desmond is the key to a lot of things, I'm glad because he is a favourite of mine. I never liked Ana Lucia, but damn she was looking hot today. I don't know if her last line to Hurley was meant to be mean or good, but we do know that Hurley didn't listen to her. In fact he ran directly to the cops.

There is a rumour going around, and I think it is bogus, but it is something interesting to think about. Remember way back into season 1, when Locke and Boone found the drug plane and Boone went up into the plane because Locke couldn't move his legs. That is the exact same spot where he was shot by Ethan. Maybe the bullet wound made him lose the power of his leg back in the past. Far fetched I know, but with LOST it seems like anything is possible.

The client of the two lawyers? Widmore? Ben? I would like it to be Ben, it would work into his plan of getting her to go back to the island. Speaking of which, I get a sense that Ben had this back-up plan all along.

Let's look at it this way. Ben had to move the island to protect it, when he did he went through time back to the other world. The O6 left and now he has to get them back so that the world apparently doesn't end. Well, LOCKE has to leave the island and DIE to get them to come back. Does Ben know this? Did he simply make Locke the leader, just so he can re-take the thrown when he returns. It looked like he was lying through his teeth to Jack when he said "I guess we'll never know". That is, of course...if LOCKE is really dead. I'm sure he is, but what was with the line "Is he really dead?" from Jack, and Ben ignoring it. Plus taking him to the meat shop? To keep on ice, I assume.

I hope we get to know what the black rock and 4 toed statue is this season, it would be the perfect opportunity to explain those with the time shifting island and all. But who were those British Soldiers. Doesn't look like Dharma or the Hostiles/Others to me. Just how many people were on this island.

Will the ginger die? That is the question for the next two episodes I believe. I hope not because she is trying to find her birth place remember. The island is most likely it. Miles is funny and has all the best lines, but he will obviously become more important later with his abilities.

Thank god Neil got a flame arrow to the chest. Thoughts on the episodes?

Wow, had a hard time reading your whole post there. (Use new paragraphs once in a while, dude.)

Loved the episodes too. I'm never a huge fan of time travel stuff but I too don't mind it here. I like the fact that we got Faraday explaining it to us in simple terms that will keep it "logical" in the Lost world. That is, Ben turning the wheel kind-of dislodged or unhinged the island in time and now it's kinda skipping around willy-nilly. I assume that explains why it seems to have disappeared to people in "real time" -- not because it went to a time when it didn't exist (which it didn't), but because it's currently unlocked or unhinged or dislodged or something and is in a sort of limbo.

I will be curious to see how the O6 will even get back there if the island is currently unseeable.

As for Locke being dead: I assume that them bringing his dead body back to the island means that perhaps they will somehow get him alive again with the time skipping stuff. Dunno how (haven't thought it through much), but I just had a hunch that they'll find a way to tie this in. Time travel really does conveniently solve a lot of sticky plot problems in shows and movies that use it, huh?

I assumed that Hurley turned himself in precisely to follow Sayid's instructions to do the opposite of whatever Ben asks him to do. After all, Hurley''s trying very hard not to be or act insane, so he'd be less likely to listen to Ana Lucia than to a living Sayid.

I'm unsure what's up with Sun. She's turning into a rather amoral creature awfully fast. Suggesting that Kate kill some lawyers (okay, maybe that's not THAT amoral, ha ha), and then plotting with Widmore to kill Ben.... Oddly, no matter what our feelings are about Ben, we have to want him to stay alive so he can get our O6 (and Desmond and Locke) back to the island.

I knew that was the same old woman at the end because another Lost site I frequent had a paragraph in which it spilled the beans on her showing back up at some point. So, as soon as I saw the gray hair when she put down her hood, I knew who it was. Before the hood came down, I confess that I thought it was Faraday's mother at Oxford. Oops!

BANNED
I wonder how Locke is gonna be transported on the island, with another Locke already alive and existing (3 years earlier) . LOL

Time travel is confusing.

I don't think there's any indication that the O6 will be going back to an island three years in the past. Just remember that right now they are showing us two different time periods while telling the story: Present time for the O6 (2008-ish), three years post-island rescue, and also Original time frame for the island survivors (early 2005-ish).

So we are seeing "old" back story of what happened to the survivors left on the island *RIGHT* after the O6 leave ... but we are seeing the O6 story speeded ahead three years (presumably because this is the point where it starts to get interesting for us).

I love this show. I don't know who came up with this idea but its brilliant. I've never seen a show that continuously bombards you with question after question after question like this show does and so rarely provides straight forward answers! And, it works! Man, I just love it!

I have so many theories, I'm going to hold off on them for awhile though and see how the next few weeks shake out.

Enjoy Losties!

BANNED
Well I know for a fact not all will be going back to the island, but I can't wait to see how this season progresses. And the premiere was definitely kick ass. I cant wait for next week.

Tsk tsk, Pyro. She is from the episde where Desmond first really learns about his odd visions and thinks he's time-traveling. She is the one in the shop who tries to talk him out of buying the ring for Penny. He then walks with her outside still talking about the time-travel-type stuff, and we watch a guy in red sneakers get killed on a construction site right across the street.

When Desmond protests that she knew it was coming and could have stopped it, she tells him that events have a way of correcting themselves and that if she had stopped the construction accident, he would have just died some other way shortly thereafter.

FWIW, Lost is doing another one of those fun character-names with her. Her character's name is simply "Miss Hawking" (re. Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time).

BANNED
Lost spoilers ahead...read if you dare :

WARNING: "Lost" spoilers below
By Feburary, another character (besides Locke) will be dead.

How did/does Locke die? Could a faith minded man of such optimism truly be reduced to suicide? All will be revealed in a Locke-centric episode in late Feburary.

Emilie de Ravin (Claire) is no longer a season regular but expect her to be back in season 6.

The producers plan on delving into the islands earlier residents this season....a whole new crew of people connected to the Dharma initiative

Viewers haven't seen the last of Danielle Rousseau, though we may not recognize the actress playing her in new episodes.Source: TV Guide Magazine

Episode 5.04: "The Little Prince" (Airdate: February 4, 2009)

Kate discovers that someone knows the secret of Aaron's true parental lineage. Meanwhile, the dramatic shifts through time are placing the lives of the remaining island survivors in extreme peril. Guest starring are Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Susan Duerden as Carole Littleton, Tom Irwin as Dan Norton, William Blanchett as Aaron, Emerson Brooks as Tony, Stephanie Niznik as Dr. Evelyn Ariza, Melissa Farman as young Frenchwoman, Guillaume Dabinpons as Frenchman #1, Marc Menard as Frenchman #2, Bruno Bruni as Frenchman #3 and Ane Tranetzki as bellman.

Source: ABC

Charlotte will have a bloody nose and be passed out for a while. Faraday is by her side. It seems Miles and Juliet also have nosebleeds. The camp has been raided. Locke wants to return to the Orchid station. Sayid is attacked. Later, he reluctantly joins Ben to extract Hurley. Jack resigns from his job at the hospital. Eventually, Jack, Kate, Sayid, Ben and Sun are reunited. Jin's not dead. Ethan appears in a flashback.

Source: TV Squad

They're going to make us sweat out the fate of Jin. We won't see him at all for the first three episodes, and it's not until episodes four and five that we'll really understand what happened to him when the freighter exploded.... hearing from sources that Jin will be found Leo DiCaprio-in-Titanic style, floating on a door. Alive or dead?

Source: Kristin @ E! Online

Future Episode Titles

Episode 5.05: "This Place Is Death" (Airdate:February 11, 2009)
Episode 5.06: "316" (Airdate:February 18, 2009)
Episode 5.07: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" (Airdate:February 25, 2009)
Episode 5.08:"LaFleur" (Airdate:March 4, 2009)
Episode 5.09:"Namatse" (Airdate:March 11, 2009)
Episode 5.10:"He's Our You" (Airdate:March 18, 2009)