THE DARK KNIGHT (Nolan's BATMAN sequel)

Tools    

I am half agony, half hope.
My son and daughter talked me into getting tickets for the midnight show. I wonder how busy it's going to be, and whether there are going to be fanboys dressed as Batman there. Should be interesting.

Johann von Goethe

My son and daughter talked me into getting tickets for the midnight show. I wonder how busy it's going to be, and whether there are going to be fanboys dressed as Batman there. Should be interesting.
Not as batman, but most likely have joker face paint.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I'm defiantly going to see this movie, I'm just so worried that Heath Ledger will ruin the character. For me that's been a concern since I heard about him being cast, then the crappy costume design, I just don't know.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i got my tickets for it this past sat. night and i am getting so hyper as the days pass...its just monday!! its the one thing that is getting me thru this week at work!~!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Apparently, to quote Paul Simon, "I am a Rock, I am an Island!" You might get that or not, but we'll undoubtedly see it this weekend.

D.K. is going to break some rec's at the Box Office. Gonna slaughter one or maybe two of 'em.

Yeap (yes I meant "yeap")

Lets put a smile on that block
I love my job today, yes i do.

Just got two tickets to the UK premier this Monday I am going to do my best to pinch Maggie Gyllenhaal's buttocks.

OH MY GOD.... Hands down best batman out there! This movie was just flat out amazing, See it on IMAX!!

Welcome to the human race...
OH MY GOD.... Hands down best batman out there! This movie was just flat out amazing, See it on IMAX!!
Already did. I second the notion.

A system of cells interlinked
I love it when a film comes out (talking Dark Knight here) that starts to get really good marks, and a couple of critics have to weigh in with scathing remarks about how not one thing in the film works, and come down on it like it's the worst film ever made.

Seems like an easy grab from some publicity, to me. So I will not be posting their names here!

Some of the negative reviews are precisely the kind you see for a genuinely great film, featuring vague criticisms that measure the film against its hype, and other such things. One review starts babbling about the "generation of consumers" who will see the film. One says it "isn't the streamlined masterpiece it could have been." I wonder if there'll end up being any negative reviews which deal exclusively with the film.

The reviews are great, of course, not just in terms of how many are positive (ala Rotten Tomatoes), but in terms of HOW positive the positive ones are. That's the thing that's really struck me about all this.

I just realized that The Dark Knight comes out today?/tonight... got a text message telling me a ticket has been reserved for me at midnight. Anyone else going? (I would imagine so...)

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I am going to do my best to pinch Maggie Gyllenhaal's buttocks.
I would do anything to pinch her brother's.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I really couldn't be much more excited about this.
I rewatched Batman Begins the other night. My first time since... I bought the DVD... two... three years ago? I have to say I was really bored by it. I think it's a great film - loved it in the theatre - but for me, it takes forever to get going! I ended up watching half of it and once my Papa John's delivery guy showed up, I turned it off and just watched television.

I think I'm mostly excited about the new movie because of Heath Ledger as The Joker... and I feel wrong for saying this, but his death has something to do with it. I wanna pay my respects and say goodbye - he is gone too soon. But I also think The Joker is a pretty cool character.