Favorite Bill Murray Movie/Role?

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Bill Murray has made a lot of great little films, my favourite would still have to be Ghostbusters followed by Groundhog Day. Though Quick Change is highly under-rated.

Though while I don't consider it a 'Bill Murray film' one of my favourite performances of his is actually in Ed Wood.

Best: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Worst: Charlie Angels

Thanks much

Groundhog Day - I think it is the best movie Bill Murry has done ever! This is a time traveler movie I can believe. Bill Murray treats the extraordinary events with his funny style of cynicism, desperation, and hope.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I loved Murray in Groundhog Day, the first Ghostbusters, and Lost in Translation (his best role IMO). His cameo in Zombieland was priceless too.

On the outside looking in.
Love this man's work! My favourites would have to be LOST IN TRANSLATION, GHOSTBUSTERS, and QUICK CHANGE, with special nods to BROKEN FLOWERS and RUSHMORE. TOOTSIE and MOONRISE KINGDOM aren't really his movies but they're outstanding just the same!

For me, one of Bill Murray's most memorable performances is in The Razor's Edge. The film wasn't as good as the adaptation starring Tyrone Power, and neither were as good as W. Somerset Maugham's novel.

But I love the story and the metaphysical journey of the protagonist in The Razor's Edge, and clearly Bill Murray did too. He co-wrote the script and made a deal whereby he would star in Ghostbusters as long as Columbia Pictures let him make The Razor's Edge first.

Of course, Murray's also great in lots of films that are mentioned in this thread.
I watched this one years ago and really enjoyed it. I remember the critics didn't like it (but I don't listen to them anyway).
Other films:

Ghostbusters
Rushmore
The Royal Tennenbaums
Zombieland
The Man Who Knew Too Little

I'd personally would have What About Bob? and Rushmore above it but i agree it's hilarious.
what about bob was a little too irritating
i know thats supposed to be part of the humor, but still.

I haven't seen rushmore

I loved his turn in Lost In Translation, but I'm gonna go ahead and risk the bad rep: the single most effective and entertaining of his roles, for me, was his cameo as himself in Zombieland.
That's bullsh*t, 2011 me.

Loved him in Groundhog Day, Tootsie and most recently Rushmore. He's great in Ghostbusters and Zombieland, and from what I remember of him in Ed Wood, Moonrise Kingdom and The Royal Tenenbaums. He's one of maybe two total good things about Hyde Park on Hudson. That was a shi*ty movie. But I doubt he'll never top the pure heart and subtle skill he put into his performance in Lost in Translation. He's a big part of why it's on my top 10 list.

Really want to see Broken Flowers and the rest of his Wes Anderson roles.