RoboCop

Tools    

If it was rated R then there's a slight chance it wouldn't completely suck but as it is Robocrap is probably going to turn out like Terminator Salvation and end up being a watered down mockery of the original. (Hooray for runon sentences.) I get that the rating was bumped down to PG13 to try to increase ticket sales but if you're not going to do it properly why do it at all? Besides, is it even guarenteed that a R rated action movie will flop? Die Hard 5 and Olympus Has Fallen were both rated R and they did ok at the box office.

The trailers look better than they have any right to do so, but that said so did the Total Recall remake trailers. I have a feeling this will be the same as TR.....all flashy visuals, no heart or logic...aimed at kids.

Plus am I the only one to think that removing his violent death from the movie kinda removes the pathos from his death?. Didnt Verhoven say the original was a Jesus analogy?

You guys will be disappointed to hear that it's confirmed PG-13.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=mpaa&p=.htm
What's the betting that the dvd release isn't? Seems to be the thing these days. Get the kids who're too young to see it in the cinemas by cutting it and then putting out the version you're meant to see. It still might not be a full-blooded 18/NC17, but it'll be a stronger version.

What's the betting that the dvd release isn't? Seems to be the thing these days. Get the kids who're too young to see it in the cinemas by cutting it and then putting out the version you're meant to see. It still might not be a full-blooded 18/NC17, but it'll be a stronger version.
I remember when they did that with Live Free or Die Hard. More thoughts on making a good movie, and quit this senseless whoring Hollywood!

Finished here. It's been fun.
Man this movie just looks so bland. Nothing about the trailers or promotional material interests me in the least. Everything looks so sterile and shiny,while the original had this grimy look to it.Maybe it won't be a certified turd, but it is not going to be good though. Would have a little bit more hope if it was Rated-R.

For a start... why is it called the RC2000 Project.
I thought RoboCop was one word, simply stylised with a capital C in the middle.

Secondly... this new name sounds like Arsey 2000.

Nope. Still not excited by this remake. Sorry, apparently it's not a remake. My bad

Would have a little bit more hope if it was Rated-R.
The R rated/Unrated version will probably be released when it hits the dvd market. That seems to be the way of these things now. Release the tame version so the kids can see it, thereby capitalsing on the franchises reputation (Taken and the new Die Hard films are a good example of this) and then release the 'proper' version which may, or may not, actually be closer to the film they would've put out had it not simply been a quick cash in. Or, in other words, the cinema release is a bit like a kiddie friendly advert for the 'harder' dvd release.

You know what... it's out Feb 7th in the UK and I have a free pass to the cinema I got for Christmas that'll last me for at least 3 films.

I might use one of my 3 visits to see it. Then report back here with my findings.

I'm expecting the worst though. Like an BatIRobotDreddIronMan.

You mean you haven't used up those three passes on 1 film already?

kinnaman is going to surprise us all i think