Horror Movies

Tools    

I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this, but what the heck.I'm a big fan of the horror genre especially the old ones(all the new horror movies suck except for House of a Thousand Corpses and The Devil Rejects), but I was just wondering if anyone else is fan of the horror genre.

There are quite a few of us horror fans.(eyes,Theshape,Dillskies....and more)

what are some of your favorite horror movies. My favorite is and will probably always be Halloween with the Shining right behind it.

My first favorite is a tie between Night of the Living Dead and Friday the 13th then followed by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween.

I'm a huge horror movie fan. You're right about House of 1,000 Corpses. I like Freddy, Pinhead, Leatherface, Jason, Michael... and more. I tried watching a relatively new horror film last night - called Dog Soldiers - I found it boring as hell and had to turn it off.

Um, cheers!

Originally Posted by Kesson_Daslef
My first favorite is a tie between Night of the Living Dead and Friday the 13th then followed by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween.
Halloween is SECOND!!!!!!!!!

We can't stop here!
I'm a big fan of Haloween and Pinhead although not that big of a fan of horrors. They're good, but I'm more of a comedy guy. Don't know why, guess I just like to laugh.

Lol.Sorry about that Eyes.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I'm a huge horror movie fan. You're right about House of 1,000 Corpses. I like Freddy, Pinhead, Leatherface, Jason, Michael... and more. I tried watching a relatively new horror film last night - called Dog Soldiers - I found it boring as hell and had to turn it off.

Um, cheers!
Well D.S is not really a "Horror" movie , if you expected it to be then yeah it doesnt cut it. As for an action movie though it rocks....Just my opinion however.

I have Dog Soldiers, but I think of it more as a monster movie.

history *is* moralizing
oh yeah! May is my fave, even if i looooooooove it cuz it's more of a very sad drama.
but if you wanna know more about Asian, especially Korean horror movies (actually there, the New Korean Wave recently), go to the beginning of the thread froggy links!
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=10652

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm not really a fan of horror movies. Except Alien, that's a good film. Although not as good as Aliens (see, more of an action film fan). Watching people die one by one in horrible ways just doesn't do it for me. Plus, it's hard to connect with the characters when you know they're going to be cut to pieces in the next scene.

I haven't watched a lot of classic horror films because I think they might scare me, but I definitely didn't like The Exorcist, Blair Witch Project, Hellraiser or Scream.

Dog Soldiers is the dog's ****ing bollocks. The best werewolf film around- scary and funny without being cliched and runs at a breakneck pace. The characters are all equally individual and likeable, the action, comedy and gore is top notch- i.e. when the dog tries to eat Sean Pertwee's entrails. Love it, SC- give it another go- if you like any horror films i can't see why you wouldn't like it, Night of the Living Dead premise with Evil Dead 2 attitude.

Wheely cool bike girl
I too am a fan of horro flix but I don't like too much goar. I like the mental tease of a good horror and to be on the edge of my seat.
The Shinning gave me that. Aliens gave me that but a bit too much of the gooey goary stuff.
Yeah, I like a good scare now and then.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Dog Soldiers is the dog's ****ing bollocks. The best werewolf film around- scary and funny without being cliched and runs at a breakneck pace.
I believe you. I almost broke my neck when my head slid off my papasan because I was falling asleep!

Originally Posted by Kesson_Daslef
Lol.Sorry about that Eyes.
it's okay, I'm just messin around

You better be, lol, just kidding.I also forgot to mention that Evil Dead which is also a sweet movie to.

Halloween The Curse is probably my most favorite horror movie of all time and yes the original Halloween comes close too. Big fan of Night of Living Dead remake (have yet to see whole original) and Friday The 13th Part Two. Original TCM seriously owns. Not a big fan of Nightmare on Elm Street but have yet to get totally into those movies. Loved Dawn of the Dead remake and the original is on my movies to watch list. Day of the dead was pretty sweet also. I enjoyed FVJ too. Any Halloween movie rules same with F13 or Zombie movies. So basically any old horror and a few new in the horror genre I will enjoy watching.

wow dillskies your really into like sequels and remakes. you should really see the original night of the living dead its far better than the remake i think. And why do you like halloween 6 so much. IMO its the weakest halloween except for ressurection