Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

The Mist has a fairly sad ending.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The Mist has a fairly sad ending.
That is very true, it is a sad very ending.

Ingmar Bergman owns this thread. The Seventh Seal, Shame, The Passion of Anna, Cries and Whispers, The Virgin Spring, Winter Light, The Silence, Autumn Sonata... these are the kinds of movies that are so depressing they'll keep you up late at night, forcing you to sob into your Star Wars sheets at the prospect of your own inevitable demise. Yeah. Not me though. My sheets are a solid baby blue.

"Life as a house" it is an amazing movie!!! so sad.. trust me..

The saddest for me is Life is beautiful. Tears up my heart every time.

The ending to platoon always upset me, also the ending to romper stomper i always found sad. Made In Britain is quite depressing aswell at times.

erm well there are several.

ghost - come on. *i love you molly. ive always loved you. ditto*
a league of their own- anyone who has a close relationship with their sibling or a groups of friends youve known forever should be touched by this ending.
tarzan- when kerchac dies. *tarzan. you have always been my son*
steel magnolias- total chic flick but you know. a must see.

theres just a few.

Hi Friends, I am beggie new on this thread..Dolls is saddest movie for me..

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I've just read through 26 pages of this post and can't believe I didn't see Untamed Heart mentioned even once! I cried for hours even after this movie had ended, and I still cry every time I see it.

WARNING: "Untamed Heart" spoilers below
Oh when Adam (Christian Slater) has to have heart surgery and says "But this is my heart! I'm afraid that if they take it away I won't be able to love you the same." to Caroline (Marisa Tomei), oh god you get so misty. But then when poor Adam passes away, and then Caroline is in his room at the end listening to his records. Oh the tears, the blubbering.

I've just read through 26 pages of this post and can't believe I didn't see Untamed Heart mentioned even once! I cried for hours even after this movie had ended, and I still cry every time I see it.

Oh wow, I haven't seen that movie in ages... probably because it is such a sad one...

BTW, welcome to Movie Forums... if you'd like to introduce yourself, we have an Introdutory forum... and, for the most part, we're a friendly lot...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Okay seriously, haven't anyone watched The Legends of the Fall?
It is an underrated movie with Brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins but in my opinion one of the saddest movies.
Watch the trailer on youtube!

Candy
Requiem for a Dream

There is also one scene in Alpha Dog that is extremely depressing, because of the way it was built up, and some convincing acting. If you've seen it you probably know what I mean.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of sad movies/endings, but the ones that come to mind right away are:

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Das Boot
Amores Perros
Elephant
Pan's Labyrinth

this year:
The Wrestler
Waltz with Bashir

also, it's not a movie but the ending to HBO's "Six Feet Under" is probably the saddest I've seen.

for some reason i think the green mile is a sad movie... click is pretty sad to lol

Anarchist within reason
The saddest movie i've ever seen is tough so I narrowed it down to three,

1) I am Sam (Sean Penn is awesome)

2) Man on Fire (Possibly the saddest soundtrack ever when he crosses the bridge)

3) Leon (Saddest sequence when he is walking through the tunnel with the tinkling piano)

Each one still gets me whenever I watch them

ET has to make my list!
mermermer... panties on.