RIP Dabney Coleman, 92

Tools    

He had quite a run in the 80's. His dual performance in Cloak & Dagger is pretty good. RIP.

Geez, I hadn't heard about Coleman in many years. He had a good long life.

I remember him most from TV series like Buffalo Bill, and The Slap Maxwell Story-- both from the '80s.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Just the other night I seen a very young Dabney Coleman in The Trouble with Girls (1969) with Elvis Presley. He played the bad guy, go figure...and he played that role really well. He was so good at that kind of character. I doubt any of you MoFo cinephiles would watch The Trouble with Girls but despite it's stupid sounding title it's one of the better Elvis films, it's steeped in the late 60s early 70s film making style and Dabney Coleman has a solid role in that movie.

I don't think any character actor in Hollywood history brought more smarmy, morally bankrupt, and characters you just want to punch in the face than this guy did. I was watching a rerun of the Marlo Thomas sitcom That Girl recently and caught something familiar in the voice of the actor playing Ann's BFF Judy's husband, Leon. I never recognized him because he was sans mustache and was wearing horn-rimmed glasses. I remember him initially popping up on episodic television like The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Mary Hartman Mary Hartman and all of a sudden he was everywhere Cinderella Liberty, Midway, North Dallas Forty, Modern Problems, On Golden Pond, 9 to 5, and perhaps my favorite Coleman performance, that scum bucket Ron Carlisle in Tootsie. Not to mention TV's first "dramedy" Buffalo Bill, which was way ahead of its time. I'm really feeling this one, a hole in the Hollywood canvas that will never be filled. RIP

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Any Gen Xers like me grew up watching him... 9 to 5, Cloak and Dagger, and of course WarGames.

I had no idea he was that old, though!

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Loved Coleman. I can rattle off any number of films he was great in, stealing most of the scenery: Cloak & Dagger, Tootsie, Modern Problems, 9 to 5, Where the Heart Is, Dragnet, On Golden Pond...he was the go-to, utility player for the 80s, always making the most out of his roles. I loved his TV show Buffalo Bill---that show should have gone on for several seasons. And I know he was in movies I've seen that I forgot he was in. I had no idea he was still working up till near the time of his death. One of my favorites and I need to watch some of his work to remember him by. Godspeed, Dabney.

Any Gen Xers like me grew up watching him... 9 to 5, Cloak and Dagger, and of course WarGames.

I had no idea he was that old, though!
Don't forget Old Golden Pond. Yeah 92, RIP Dabs