Which movie do you wish you could see again for the first time?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Here's another thing to consider though. What if you had seen a certain film, at the theatre, at just the "right time"? This is a film you may have never even seen in a theatre. What film may have completely changed your life? Remember, there are things quaintly called repertory theatres (art house theatres) which still play ancient, classic, cult, or just plain good, films, so depending on where you live or visit, you can still do this "hypothetical".

I truly could name just as many films as Yoda didn't name in his earlier post because there are so many significant films.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Absolutely. Well said. My favorite film of all time is only my favorite film of all time because of how perfectly its content corresponded with what was happening in my life then. Because of that coincidence, it changed my life, and I owe it that forever.
a movie changed your life?

Here's another thing to consider though. What if you had seen a certain film, at the theatre, at just the "right time"? This is a film you may have never even seen in a theatre. What film may have completely changed your life?
I don't know. That seems like too much to think about. Be happy with what you've experienced. Time travel doesn't exist, yet.

There are so many great films that I've seen over the years and watched them over and over. But I gues if I had to choose, starngely I would go for 'Back to the Future' (all three!). I have watched the DVD's so often that even wife knows the script.

Alright yall... could somebody hook me up with that podcast already?

We all have favorite movies we've watched countless times; but what is that one, all-time film, that is so fricking great, you wish you could erase it from your memory; just so you could stroll down to the theatre one day and discover it all over again for the first time.
There are many films I enjoy, but what I'd like most would be to stroll down to the theater one day and discover for the first time a new film every bit as good as my favorite classics. Not likely, however, since Hollywood is now remaking some good classic films from my youth into "updates" for a younger audience with a shorter attention span and greater demand for gore, violence, and chases.

Semper Fooey
My memory is so bad, if I watch a movie I haven't seen in several years, it's like I'm watching it for the first time anyway.

My memory is so bad, if I watch a movie I haven't seen in several years, it's like I'm watching it for the first time anyway.
I'm like that about a lot of mystery novels and short stories--that's why I like 'em so much. I really get my money's worth by reading them over and over again having forgotten the plot. Like Law & Order and NCSI TV reruns for the same reason. I might remember the opening scene and one or two spots, yet not recall the identity or motive of the killer, so it's like watching it for the first time again.

For me that will always be Jaws.
I watch it about twice a week and never ever get sick of it. It's just one of those things that I wish I could have discovered when I was a lot older than I originally did, so I could have appreciated it more when I first watched it when I was about 5.

Dark City...Donnie Darko...Stay...Equilibrium...there's a ton.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Like Yoda, I probably could list so many films that fall into this category. There are times when I really wish I could experience a film for the FIRST time again.

But one movie jumped into my head... I would love to experience Gladiator again for the first time. To feel that rush when watching this unknown (to me) force of nature named Russell Crowe who, from the first moment I saw him, I was breathless.... to sigh when he and Commodous confront each other... to hold my breath again at the end...

Mesmerizing. It was incredible. I would love to live that night all over again.

Unforgiven

Well, it's not the film that I generally think is the best I've ever seen. It's the film that had the most profound emotional impact on me and as some of you might know from reading my Best of the Year thread, that's Magnolia.

Just why I feel that way, you can read right here.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Definately Raiders of the Lost Ark, even though I didn't see it in theaters,
because I've seen it so many times now and it has affected my life a lot.

FROM DUSK TILL DAWN

I still can't get enough of that movie. One of the few I can recite any line from (Including Army of Darkness, lol).

It's a good question, but honestly, I just have too many answers. Almost every film I love is this type of film.
I totally agree. I also gave you an addition to your reputation.

Wait Until Dark to not know what's coming my way and jump sky high in my seat again.