100 Years... 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

Well, just seen Black Sunday- that would get a vote from me
That would move it up to five votes.

I really don't know how to solve this problem. Only a couple of you seem to want to make new lists.

Make a poll

-Keep list as is and be done with it
-Rank ties into order
-Debate removal of certain films
-See other lists before making final desicion
-Argue for inclusion of worthy, little seen films

Well, just these . . .

-Rank ties into order
-See other lists before making final decision

I don't believe a soul wants it to stay the way it is, and I'd rather do nothing more than vote again, to get other movies added. If they don't make it, then they simply don't make it.

I'll toss a poll up late tonight, while making that horror movie stills game. Remember, either way, I'm not spending much time on this until after the holiday. I have A LOT planned with my family. There's trick or treating, movies to watch, and UT plays football on Halloween night.

I'd be happy with

-See other lists before making final decision (allow a chance for people to suggest films they think deserve an entry but may not be widely seen to have the votes)
-Rank ties into order
-Done

Can't see why we need all this fuss!

We have the list. It's done.
Simply put the tied titles in the order you choose, send the new list in.
Destiny will do the magic...Done.

Why this late in the game we are debating whether titles in the list should be there is beyond me, and as stated nothing there is outrageously not a horror film, so there is in fact little to debate.

It took me about 15 minutes to re-order the tied films. Let's get this done.

Well, just seen Black Sunday- that would get a vote from me
Glad you liked it.

Okay, since you have the box set, now watch Kill, Baby...Kill! It's a nice creepy ghost story, with some superb camera work, as usual from Bava. Black Sabbath is good, too, but Kill is better.

I agree with 42nd Street, lets just move on to the order of the list. What was the point of spending the time to put together a list of 100 movies, if I'm going to have to either do it again or add to it?

That was my list, happily, a vast majority of the films from my list made it to what I think should be the final 100.

Sure, I think a movie like Slither deserves to be on the list, but obviously it didn't get enough votes. So be it. If I spend the next three weeks talking up a movie like Shaun of the Dead, Honeykid will still hate it. So what good will it do for me to try and convince any of you that Slither is just as good or better than Shaun?

Also, there's certainly no reason why we can't have the rest of the films posted after the initial 100 is finished yeah? Maybe if there's enough it could be 100 years... 200 Horror movies...

Glad you liked it.

Okay, since you have the box set, now watch Kill, Baby...Kill! It's a nice creepy ghost story, with some superb camera work, as usual from Bava. Black Sabbath is good, too, but Kill is better.
Heh, funnily enough i actually put that on straight after but was too late to have attention for subs.

I agree with 42nd Street, lets just move on to the order of the list. What was the point of spending the time to put together a list of 100 movies, if I'm going to have to either do it again or add to it?

That was my list, happily, a vast majority of the films from my list made it to what I think should be the final 100.

Sure, I think a movie like Slither deserves to be on the list, but obviously it didn't get enough votes. So be it. If I spend the next three weeks talking up a movie like Shaun of the Dead, Honeykid will still hate it. So what good will it do for me to try and convince any of you that Slither is just as good or better than Shaun?

Also, there's certainly no reason why we can't have the rest of the films posted after the initial 100 is finished yeah? Maybe if there's enough it could be 100 years... 200 Horror movies...
Slither isn't exactly an oscure gem, i thought people like Used or 42nd might have wanted to suggest some great films no-one's seen as they're hard to get hold off. If they don't, oh well, take list as is. I just wanted list to give me some different films to search for and watch but can just do that myself when see other people's lists posted.

We still have over 100 on the list though so can't see harm in having a brief run down on whether or not to remove certain films, most people seem to cite the same ones to remove

Slither, i thought people like Used or 42nd might have wanted to suggest some great films no-one's seen as they're hard to get hold off.
I'd be happy to.
But I don't see what that has to do with the list.
It seems this comes down to people not being sure what this list IS.

Is this just a general...'films we think are good and worth a look' list?
Or is at a 'Top 100 Horror Movies' list?

Because the two are very different things.

After the list is done (it's not hard, just copy and paste the above list Destiny posted and juggle the ties in your preferred order. We could have all done it by now) I am more than happy to see other people's lists and get down to some groovy chats.

But as far as a 'Top 100 Horror Movies' list goes we now have the 100 as chosen by us via our personal lists.

My life isn't written very well.
Actually, 42nd has a good point above. Although I think the "good" movies will naturally float to the top ten. ( besides, who really reads below 20 anyway).

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I just saw Quarantine on Netflix.
I think it may have earned a place in my top 100 list.

I'm not gonna reorder the list or anything, I'm just saying it's damn good.

I think you should add Hellbound: Hellraiser II.

I just watched that for the 10,000th time today. It is way better than Dog Soldiers.

Plus, that movie started the whole mythology of Hellraiser -- there was even a comic series because of that movie. And that comic book series was lated adapted into THREE full collections.

I think you should add Hellbound: Hellraiser II.

I just watched that for the 10,000th time today. It is way better than Dog Soldiers.

Plus, that movie started the whole mythology of Hellraiser -- there was even a comic series because of that movie. And that comic book series was lated adapted into THREE full collections.
Yikes!
The pedigree "Dog Soldiers" would not even bother to cock its leg up "Hellbound".
The film was a poor sequel to the magnificent original and set the ball rolling for the slow demise of the series and that helped turn Pinhead into a 'Happy Meal' gift for mall rats.

It also features the lamest, tackiest, cheapest looking 'Hell' ever. If this is the standard of matte work Satan can conjure up...God has no worries.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Look at that! I realize this will die soon enough, but 42ndStreetFreakyGeeky:

God:0
Satan: -1

HA!